Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you are early in your LapBand journey....

Also what girl in their right mind isnt going to say new clothes.

Me!!!! I can't wait to go NAKED!!!!

What do you think, should I wait to reveal any loss I've had until then??? Just wear baggy clothes for a while? I think that would be kind of fun? Has anyone else done something similar or want to do something similar??? Am I just being silly?? LOL

That sounds like fun, my only reservation is that I've found the support and encouragement at every step of the way has really kept me going, and you'll probably want to start hearing it from people at sooner than six months, if that makes sense.

xx

I would pick a totally hot outfit that shows off your new curves, go get a pedicure, your hair done the works and and feel fantastic!

Being able to fit in chairs in public places and be comfortable

Shopping at Hot Topic instead of Torrid

Buying bras at Wal-Mart

Hiking steep hills without loosing my breath 1/4 of the way up

no meds

PCOS under control

no more knee, foot, and back pain

being healthy

I want to be able to see myself shave you know where and not just guess if i got it all

Oh Chefla, you said it! These are the things that my skinnier family and friends just don't understand. I either want to be able to see it to shave it or not be too embarassed to get a bikini wax. Haha...thanks for putting it out there.:tongue_smilie:

ok so I just reconnected with several people from my High School on Facebook. Our 10 year reunion is coming up. I won't be there since I am in ALaska at the moment. Anyway, I have noticed that ALOT of the girls even guys that were skinny in school have gained a considerable amount of weight. I feel bad but I just couldn't resist snickering to myself. I would like to be able to post full body pics of me instead of just waist up pics. I kind of wanna rub it in their face. But the more I thought about it, I kind of felt sorry for them cause they must know how I feel about myself and it isn't good. Maybe after I get to my goal I will share with them what I have done....Maybe some of them I just really do not like....

I thought of two more things:

1) I am going to buy some fabulously awesome boots this fall/winter without worrying about whether they will fit over my calves!!!

2) When my oldest daughter graduates from college in December, I cannot WAIT to see my ex-husband's face when I walk in. I think I'll plan to arrive a little late just so I can savor the moment. (He used to criticize me for my weight quite a bit.)

Be proud to walk into my husband's office during working hours to pick him up for lunch...and NOT wait in the car because I don't want to embarass him. He could care less, but I do. One of his co-workers is getting married in September and I will certainly make that a goal marker too.

ok so I just reconnected with several people from my High School on Facebook. Our 10 year reunion is coming up. I won't be there since I am in ALaska at the moment. Anyway, I have noticed that ALOT of the girls even guys that were skinny in school have gained a considerable amount of weight. I feel bad but I just couldn't resist snickering to myself. I would like to be able to post full body pics of me instead of just waist up pics. I kind of wanna rub it in their face. But the more I thought about it, I kind of felt sorry for them cause they must know how I feel about myself and it isn't good. Maybe after I get to my goal I will share with them what I have done....Maybe some of them I just really do not like....

I too have connected recently with several people from high school. For me, it's 35 years later. I found there are a couple of people I didn't really associate with in HS that I actually like and enjoy corresponding with. On the flip side, there are still many, many people I just don't care for. One person wants to join my little reunion group, but was nixed by one of the other members. I'm alright with that because she treated a lot of people like dodo.

I'm planning on a mini-reunion next year and I hope to walk in there weighing less than I did in high school. Now wouldn't that be a shock. I haven't told the reunion group what I've done yet. I need to get in the full swing of things (off liquids) first and find my way. Then I will.

Good luck to you.

I had a 20 year reunion I didn't attend because of my weight gain. (I was a state champion gymnast weighing 110lbs, and homecoming queen and now I'm more than twice that.) My 30th year reunion is in October and I'd like to go but don't think I'll get surgery till August and I don't think I'll lose enough by then to feel good enough about myself to go :frown:. So, my list of things in a perfect world would be to:

1. run into some of those people and look really good in the near future,

2. to dance without being self conscious,

3. snow ski again,

4. Water ski again,

5. ride horses without hurting them!!

6. wear regular clothes with a single digit size,

7. buy my bras at Victoria's Secret just because I CAN!

8. take new family portraits (none since 13 yrs ago)

9. do my own pedicures

10. get rid of back, shoulder, knee and foot pain

11. See my mother just once without her asking me if I'm doing anything about my weight ( I've BEEN doing something, that's what got me where I am!)

12. My husband is wonderful, the very best but I don't feel even one bit sexy or like doing anything in that department looking like I do, so I'd like to have desire again,

13. I'd like to be able to clean my house and car without feeling run over by a truck.

14. Not feel hot ALL THE TIME (BUT IT IS A THOUSAND DEGREES OUTSIDE SO...)

15. Run on a treadmill at the gym on the second floor without feeling like I'll end up on the first floor

16. Run without feeling like I'm doing more damage than good to myself

17. to have energy!!!!! this should actually be #1

18. to swim without feeling like a whale

19. to not be embarrassed anymore

20. To sleep in skimpy little sexy nighties without "all that" hanging out

Ok, I could go on and on..........

But the best part is looking forward to maybe a year or two from now, I'll actually get there instead of taking off some and putting on more!!

Edited by hope2bthinr
added the PS!!

Apart from fashionable clothes in general- being able to purchase bras and singlets with spaghetti straps. I absolutely hate having to try and hide those huge ugly straps. :sad:

Beach wear- and in fact feeling good about going to the beach. I love swimming!

Pants that aren't elasticised-YEAH!

Being able to wear sexy things for my fiance and not feel like a whale. :rolleyes:

Not feeling like a whale in general would be nice actually.

Not having people look at you with that look- you know what i'm talking about people. People who haven't had to try and lose a substantial amount of weight just don't understand dammit.

Feeling like i'm living the most healthy and long life i can. :mad2:

sitting in those new pedicure chairs that massage your butt and hips and be able to turn the thing on and not hear it grind it's gears or have it squeeze me in a hurtful way because I don't fit between the sides of it!

Sit in Fold away chairs without being afraid..very afraid!

Not get stuck in the harness at the zip line place or hang from the safety line waiting for 3 big men to rescue me.

Wear a wet suit.

Not feel sorry for the horse I'm sitting on.

Not think about my weight every day

Ahh clothes shopping!

Go into lulu lemon store, tell them I have wads of money to spend but because they didn't think to carry above a size 12 when I was a size 20 I would not be giving them my business.

Even Fat people like to look good in work out clothes!

1. Not sitting at a booth in a restaurant and having the table jamming into my gut.

2. Not having to try to squeeze into the seat belt on an airplane because I am too embarassed to ask for an extender. Made for some real uncomfortable trips!

3. Not feeling different. (Physically that is:cool2:)

4. Able to look at all the clothing in a store and know that they have my size in each item. Not hoping to luck out that they have the 3 - 4X size in what I want.

5. Confidence!:scared2: