Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you are early in your LapBand journey....

Buying something off the rack in Victoria's Secret!

OMG yes.

Looking forward to finally getting to stop pretending that I'm "shy" in order to avoid doing new things or be around new people out of fear of not being able to keep up or be accepted.

Looking forward to being able to go shopping with my sis-in-law and how having to make stops at plus size stores, just for me.

Looking forward to finding out if there is a Mr. Right out there for me. (just dumped the last Mr. Wrong. So tired of those!)

that list is miles long.

Shorts that don't ride up.

Taking the annual photo with me and my 4 cousins (the "grandkids photo" for my grandparents) and not being the "old and fat cousin")

:)

Not being the fattest person in the room/office

Not shying away from the camera

Getting out of the pool without immediately running to wrap a towel around me and then having to walk around with it around my waist to cover myself up.

Victoria's secret and sexy things.

Dusting off the cobwebs of the "ghosts of past sizes" in my closet.

Being comfortable in a theater or airplane seat.

Working out at the gym in a body that doesn't rebel against what I'm trying to make it do and having the instuctor "modify" the technique for me.

I could go on and on.... :cool:

There is a green dress in my closet. The last time I wore it was... hmmm.. 1992, I think. I've kept it all these years. It maybe the only thing of Size 14 that I have.

I'm looking forward to wearing that green dress.

I wore it in a family photo in 1992, it would be really cool to wear it in another one 18 years later (the first picture was with my daughters who are now in their 20s, and this 2nd one would be with my 3 youngest daughters. The more I think about it, the more I love the idea.

Being in a one digit size!

Not being limited to Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, and Old Navy Online (was anyone else pissed when they stopped selling plus in the stores??).

Not being the fat one :/.

Not being afraid to do things like going to tanning beds, rides, travel, etc because of the fear of not being able to fit :party:.

To be able to say "I did it!" and doing the picture of putting both legs in one pant leg of the fat pants!

Oh, gosh, you reminded me.... I want to ride the rollercoasters with my daughters. And next time we go to Big Cedar and want to ride horses, I'll ride too instead of "staying behind to watch our stuff".

I can't wait!!!

I'm with all the people that say being the one that gets hit on instead of being the fat friend!

And being able to shop wherever I want, especially Victoria's secret :party:

Having a decent sized butt lol

Hopefully being able to wear smaller shoes cause i love shoes and can never find them in my size!

and probably hundreds of other things...

To be able to say "I did it!" and doing the picture of putting both legs in one pant leg of the fat pants!

LOL!I want to do that too! I even have the pair of pants picked out!

This is a very long list, but here are a few for me:

- To lose my diabetes and blood pressure meds

- To be able to sit in a chair and cross my legs comfortably

- To be able to wear heals again, without killing my poor feet

- Not being limited in the "type" of guys I might date....

- Not looking & breathing like I ran a 10k after just climbing one flight of stairs.

....and on, and on, and on......

-not having my thighs rub together

-being looked at FIRST by the hot guys before they look at my friends

-new clothes! I'm stylish, and I know it, but I just cannot find the things I want to wear in my size.

-feeling good about how I look

-not putting myself down so much

-enjoying the feeling that I don't have to be the one pursuing guys (lol can you tell I want a bf?)

-being able to cross my legs comfortable for more than like 30 minutes

lol when I think of more, and trust me I will, I'll post them.

Being able to fit my fat calves into a pair of knee high black boots with a skirt that goes just above my knees.

Sitting comfortably into a seat on an airplane and not taking up more than 1 seat. Also not asking for an extended seat belt. That was embarassing.

Going to amusement parks and not stressing out over whether or not i'll fit on the rides.

Being able to walk around an amusement park and not be absolutely exhausted after 2 hours.

Not letting my weight keep me from dating or going after what I want. I hide behind "shyness" but i'm really hiding behind my weight.

Being able to throw the bra extenders away.

Able to leave food on my plate.

Exercising with my daughters.

this is a great thread! theres more in the twenties group under NSVs (non-scale victories)

Not having to wait until my clothes are falling apart to buy some. I hate shopping. I buy clothes maybe once every 6 months and that's only because the clothes I wear every single day are falling apart. I tend to live in the same 2 pairs of pants and 3 shirts and it's ridiculous. I just want to be able to go to the shops, find something I like and buy it and try it on and not get pissed off when I have to go up a size. That for me will be the biggest highlight.

Having my six year old daughter hug me and have her hands meet comfortably around my waist. Keeping up with her!

And ditto to all the other comments here today!

ohhh there is just so muchh i'm looking forward to...

having the hot guys check me out and not just my gorgeous friends (who i love 2 death).

finding a new lovee...or re-kindeling my 1st (i miss him like crazyy...but i really don't expect that we will even see each other ever again...sad =[)

to allow myself to feel good...i don't allow myself certain things b/c i think i'm to fat...like shopping for new clothes

not having to worry about going down to my camp and getting in a bathing suit, going to a water/amusement park, swimming in my own pool...when other ppl are around,

actually taking pictures of myself again...i really can't wait to capture those great moments with my friends that i haven't been able b/c of being embarassed...i usually dodge photos even now after 30lbs...maybe another 30lbs and i won't do it anymore ...who knows but i can't wait

i know that i am on the right track...i have had my band 2months and 3days...& i have lost a total of 30lbs...if i could lose another 30 in the next 2months that would be awesome =] [but i guess we will just have 2 see]