Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question??? At home I have a fridge and a wannabe bullet--at work I don't have either, however, I work at Smart Style in Walmart. What do I do for liquids and mushies at work?? What do ya'll do??

I prepare everything the night before, and take it to work with me. If it needs to be refrigerated, then I have a little ice box I put it in.

LindaD congrats on the weight loss, and good luck tomorrow.

I wish I was on liquids. My doc has me on an Atkins-type regime and I have a real hard time keeping my portion sizes low. (If I could do Atkins successfully, I guess I would have. YKWIM?)

Anyway, I'm three days into the pre-op diet. Just 11 more days.

best of luck to all of you!! Keith: your being banded on my birthday!! big celebration day!!!

All of you are in my thoughts!!

I lost 20 pounds in the week before surgery on liquids.

And if you're really doing Atkins, you can eat enough to satisfy your hunger, there are no prescribed portion sizes on Atkins, only a prescribed number of carbs (if you're doing induction levels, that's 20 carbs, which means if you're hungry, you can ALWAYS eat something as long as you're under that... eggs, meat, greens... his view is that you eat when you're hungry).

So my original goal was to be at 250 on surgery day (even if butt naked!). So if I have basically 4 1/2 days until surgery I could loose 10 lbs?! My problem is that I don't HAVE to do the pre-op but for 2 days--mushies on Tuesday and liquids on Wednesday. I have good intentions of doing the liquid diet, I try to start it then get hungry and tell myselt that I don't have to do it right now. But I would LOVE to meet my goal for Thursday. I am starting a colon cleanse today, that helped me get to the 255 for my last doc appt. (we wont tell anyone that I gained back 5 from my many 'last suppers'. :lol:)

I'll let you know if I make it to goal for surgery day. :blushing:

I see I'm very lucky to have only needed to do three days of Clear Liquids pre-op. I could have even had Protein shakes, but found out too late. My doctor had required five days in the past, but not believes three days Clear Liquids is sufficient.

I'm three days post-op now and things are going very well. I'm doing three EAS Protein Shakes a day and other liquids in between. I don't think I'm getting in enough fluids, but will try to do more tomorrow.

I am on Day 6 of my Optifast liquid diet - doing great - it is getting easier every day - 8 pounds down in 5 days - can't complain about that - I have noticed that when I snuck a wheat thin (only one) it didn't even taste good - I think it is killing off my tastebuds - I am even having a hard time some days remembering to get my shakes in....Mine is a 14 day diet.

Day one of my PreOP diet!! I am dying, you guys!!!! I feel like I've gone from 100mph to 0mph in a split second from all my last suppers to whey protein! I keep reading everyone saying it gets easier and easier and I'm hanging on to that with all I got!! I feel exhausted and like going home curling up and sleeping the rest of the day/night. :ihih:

JazzyMom, think of the positive of this, at least you don't have two weeks of it!! :ihih::) do you get anything besides your Protein drinks? I could at least of soup/jello/pudding/sf pops, but it was two weeks. I had a few slips, but not many...that was mainly a little more Soup and a few days I had a small plain salad with FF dressing and then the night before I had a small handful of chips. So hang in there!! The only other positive I can say it that so much of our bad eating habits are psychological...it's not because we really need as much food as we were eating. After surgery, you won't have much of an appetite or hunger (or at least most people don't). So by doing the pre-op diet it kind of sets you up psychologically for not eating food. (coming from someone who just got elevated to eggs and couldn't wait to have an eggbeater omelette ...lol)

Again, hang in there. For me the 3rd and 4th day were my toughest, but it's different for everyone.

Trisha (pennreporter)

So my original goal was to be at 250 on surgery day (even if butt naked!).

I'll let you know if I make it to goal for surgery day. :rolleyes:

Well I got so close! I made it to 253 this morning! I can be happy with that. Surgery is at 1:45 this afternoon. It is amazing the flow is mixed emotions before surgery. That is all I'll say about that.

Happy Band-day, Gizmo!! And may I never feed you after midnight!!! lol

spud-mama, I'm sure you're already at the hospital by now. Good luck and let us know in a few days how you're doing!!

trisha

For me the pre-op diet got easier around day 5, but then the weekend came, but I just kept telling myself it would all be worth it in the end. I did cheat a little here and there, but I did eat healthy things. My dietician and nurse said I could throw in some chicken breast with salad, and FF dressing, and some SF Jello. My dietician really didn't want me to, but said if I do to follow those guidelines. So at night I would have a very small portion of salad. On surgery day, my liver was not fatty, but it was still kind of large. It made my surgery go longer, and it was harder for the surgeon. I imagine if I would have stuck to the slim fast, my surgery probably would have been easier. So hang in there, it will be worth it when surgery day comes. If I could do it over again, I would have stuck to the slim fast to the book.

Edited by ~Michelle~

I am starting my preop diet next week. Im so worried. I get really nausious and faint when I dont eat. My whole body starts shaking and I get horrible headaches. Did anyone else have this? Im so worried that Im going to be very sick on this liquid diet. I have a full liquids for four days and then clear liquids the last three days. That means I cant even have protien shakes the last three days. Only like chicken broth and Water and sf popcycles and Jello. Im not worried about being hungry, Im worried about fainting! I know Ill make it threw the first four days with the protien shakes to keep my blood sugar up but I dont think I can make it threw three days on clears.

I did have a problem with faintness, and weakness, and my blood sugar dropped way down. That is why I was allowed some salad and chicken. But really after the first 5 days or so it got much better. Still got a little shaky, but that was about it.