Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brazillian Waxing

I don't know what prices are like in the US, but my salon charges $25 (AUD) for half leg, $15 for armpits and $35 for the brazillian, so for $75 a month, I am smooooooooooth all over :confused:

I just checked my salon charged $75.00 for the brazillian alone. DAMN! Gotta save up for that!

My best friend talked me into it and boy has that been the best thing EVER !!! Yea it hurts a little but it's nothing to die over. A good waxer is the key, I go to Uni K wax and they're just AWESOME !! They have this special kind of wax formulation that just does a great job with minimal skin pulling and they're not that expensive compared to other way crazy NYC salons !!

Check them out they have branches in severla different states !!

Im bare & happy !!!

Yes, the key to a good B-wax is to have a good waxer without a doubt. The first time I had it done, it was AWESOME! I have posted on this thread about it. However, the second time wasn't as great. The waxer I had the first time moved to Seattle. So, I used the other lady that was in the same building and she is just learning how. Need I say more?!! LOL Make sure that the waxer knows what they are doing especially when it is your first time to get it done!

Ladies, I beg of you -- do NOT do this procedure!

I went in for a bit of a "shape up," and the procedure was so harsh it did this to my va-jay-jay:

ape.jpg

Okay, I know that it's kinda strange to worry about a bit of hair "down there" when I obviously have a hormone issue, but seriously, LOOK WHAT IT DID TO ME!

Don't let my story become yours. :drool:

whoa, ok, so you guys, um, girls had this done when you were still big? I've been curious, but embarrassed to go because of my size, that and having to flash my vajay jay. However, shaving is annoying and i can't use those creams cause my skin is sensitive and it burns :) Interesting...

How about a do it yourself kit?

I've given up waxing my eyebrows and get them threaded now...less redness and pain :thumbup:

Edited by MoxieDO

Did it hurt?

Very much so.

Very much worth it.

If I ever do it again I will very quickly ask for a morphine PCA.

I had my last baby in Water in my backyard with only a chicken finger as pain control, so I am no baby when it comes to pain, but GEEZE!! :thumbup:

Moxie, I couldn't imagine trying to do that to myself - I wouldn't be able to do it, I'm sure! I started going last year, when I was around 90kg, so had lost a fair chunk of weight but was still pretty big. Tips I have learned over the last year:

* Do not, repeat, DO NOT, book in for when you are on your period - triple ouchies!!

* Don't do it when you are suffering hayfever or are otherwise extra sensitive - double ouchies!

* Taking a paracetamol and/or ibuprofen beforehand does help quite a bit

* Do it monthly rather than 6 weekly. Each extra week of growth adds to the ouch factor - leaving it for 8 weeks is big ouchies!!

Still... it is SO worth it!!

**Ok Girls all the guys in the mens forum sent me over to request PICS. **

Renob,

Ya sure they did LMAO.... Gotta luv you guys....:laugh:

I still am so tempted to do this, but terrified of the pain. I am such a wimp.

OMG. I haven't laughed this hard in years-----a former co-worker of mine once described the "froggy" pose necessary for this. Heck, my blood pressure tops the charts for a mere gyno appointment. I could never do this! I have NEVER been more thankful to be naturally blonde with sparse body hair!!! But you ladies definitely have me dying. I'm with the woman who asked about doing this at a larger size. I have what feels like a ton of extra skin and stretch marks and I don't even like to be caught in my bra and panties, let alone lose the panties. I never could go somewhere AND go back another time. I just don't think I could face the same woman twice! My hat off to all of you. OH, in the name of vanity. I'm happy to live in an area that has a short summer.....:wink:

I've been wanting to get one as well but I scared a little! Im also wondering do they double dip the 'spatula' in the wax or do they change! I've read that some women got an STD after a Brazillian Waxing because of the double dipping! Did some of you ear the same thing?

At the place I go to, they pour the wax in a small, disposable container and use a plastic diposable spatula. I think it's important to check the place out first, talk to women you know who have done it in your area and find out the best place to go... And where I go, they only uncover the part they'll be waxing one at a time, so you're bever completely naked with your legs spread open:rolleyes: