Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

McDonald's Fries

Although I am not and never was a frequent flier at McD's, I always pick at fries if my kids get them. The other day, I indulged in a small grasp of fries. I put 2 at a time in my mouth and chewed well. After the 3rd mouthful of 2 fries, I had the wrst pain in my chest and couldn't swallow my saliva. I think this was a form of PB. I didn't actually vomit or anything, but it hurt horribly. I proceeded to drink a sip of a vanilla shake thinking it would help...OMG...I thought I was having a heart attack. It brought tears to my eyes and a sense of panic. After 10 minutes of fretting and trying to remember to breath it did get better. Never again do I want to eat a few greasy fries and experience that again. McDonalds is a dead and buried issue for me! Has anyone else had this? I find it hard to believe a few fries would cause this. I can eat pretty much anything else. Weird but true.

Ditto with the McD's Fries.

They have been the cause of my only bout of puking. I ate 2-3 fries and within minutes my eyes were watering and I was up and walking. I am sure they appreciated my puking in their parking lot.

Talk about aversion therapy!

I so miss french fries. I think they become glue when chewed and chewed. I have found that I can eat a few fries when I dip them in mayo and ketchup. Yummy!!!

But that's not exactly the best choice, so I only indulge once and a great while. To think I used to eat a large and barely even taste them!

Megan

I can have fries from anywhere, as long as I wait until the very end of my meal to have them. Only 1 at a time though, and like Megan, they must have some type of sauce on them. I try to look for the crispy ones instead of the softer ones... and definately cant have more then a few! They just wont get past my band.

I am ok with fries if I eat one at a time and chew, chew, chew. I did have a terrible PB today, I brought my 19 month old son to the Soup plantation, I took a couple of bites of salad without chewing enough, swallowed, it was stuck, I sat their at the table with my eyes tearing up, drooling into a napkin, boy that was fun.

I too have had problems with fries. After my third fill I finally was not able to eat them without pb and just recently I had my first pb that lasted longer than a few minutes and resulted in it coming back up. I go for my 4th fill Thursday and I am not even going to try to eat french fries or bread for that matter because it has the same effect.

i found out the hard way... like 3 times cuz i kept trying... that fries are a NONO for me... they just sit there and i just puke em up... ew ew...

dammit i miss fries... but thats what got me here in the first place...

Ditto on the McD's fries. It was AWFUL! They just STUCK to my esophagus. I didn't do a full PB because thankfully I stopped eating, but OH MY DEAR GOD. It was awful. I also tried a cheeseburger and it also was horrifically painful. I've had nary a craving for anything McD's since. Ew, ew, ew.

I cant eat fries either, doesnt matter where they are from they block.

I proceeded to drink a sip of a vanilla shake thinking it would help...OMG

This is one of the reasons that drinking with meals is a NO NO, and a vanilla shake OMG..you poor thing, I get that freaded feeling if I have a stuck bite and drink Water..cant even imagine the thick vanilla shake trying to make it's way through.

By far my worst expeiences with PBS were both fast food ones.

One was a chicken strip from wendy's

Second one was only two bites of a BK sausage/egg & cheese no bread.< /strong>

Both spelled DOME for me in a huge way!

Go Figure subway sandwiches bread & all go down no problem at nite. But at least its only like 4 to 6 inches - no chips vs. the whole 12" like before plus the chips;0)

i wish i had your guys' problems!! lol i can eat them no problem actually can eat any fast food that ive tried.

the worst part.. is now that i actually CHEW the food.. boy fastfood sure does taste gross!!! If i had only chewed long enough to taste it before maybe i wouldnt be where i am today!!