Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMGz tooooo tight

:cross-eye There must be a full moon or something. I've been banded now for almost 4 years and never, ever have I had too tight a fill, that is until this past Tuesday. The last fill I had was a little over 6 weeks ago and he put in 2cc. It was perfect, I mean it really was the best fill I had ever had and I did well. But it doesn't take long before I loosen up and need another fill, so I called and had the appointment on Tuesday. He checked to see how much was still there and it was down to 1.5cc, so it wasn't my imagination that I was much less restricted. Anyway he put in the 2cc and again it seemed a little tight, but I thought nothing of it. When I got home later, I had not eaten anything yet, so I poured myself some ice tea. Man, I could not believe the awful pain. And that was followed by vomitting, something I never do, ever. So I slowed down, drank only sips of room temperature Water (UGH) and decided to drink something warm. So I made myself a cup of hot broth and took very tiny sips at very long intervals, three or four sips and I was puking again. Well this went on all night, no sleep, called the doc at 9:00 on the nose and they told me he wouldn't be in until the afternoon. I said fine, get me in, they argued, of course, they he was booked, and I simply told them I didn't care, I was coming in with or without an appointment, it was their choice. So they finally gave me a 1:15 appointment, went in had .5cc removed, thought I would be fine, came home and I don't know what's going on, but I am still having trouble, liquids are okay if slooooooow and small sips. I was able to sleep last night and this afternoon I was able to take my heart meds finally, so I guess it's getting better.

Hope you with a toooo tight band do as well, god I hope this hasn't caused a slippage, I go in a month for an upper GI, so we'll see.

Thanks all of you for being there and for being so supportive, it's such an unbelievable blessing to have people who understand.

Cindy

took out 1 cc today.. WHOHOO i can drink water!!! lol

i lost 6 lbs since tuesday (2 days) .. i told them if i were able to drink Water i wouldve left it in there hahaha

That is great news..I'm so glad you were the responsible bandster and called your doc when you knew something was not right. I hope this works for you..So happy to hear you are feeling better and able to drink Water :(

will be banded 9-12 really getting afraid again. I noticed people is saying that their fill is too tight - what is a fill and what should a fill fell like to to comfortable

ebonysilk - I'm a little worried about you. You are just days from surgery and it seems you are unfamiliar with how a lapband works. I hope you know what you are getting into.

What makes a lapband work is filling the inner part with saline to give restriction to the stomach. And finding the exact right level of fill is a guessing game. It usually takes several rounds of fills and often an unfill or two to get to the 'sweet spot' where you have good restriction but aren't so tight you can't eat or drink Water.

Having trouble with a fill like described in this thread is the exception and not the rule. Don't let this scare you.

I'm sure you are having BIG scary thoughts being days out from surgery. So what else is on your mind? Let us help walk you through it!!

Oh and good luck!!

Well I made it through the day. It's weird what I can eat and what I can't. Soup is fine, even the noodles. I had trouble with Jello and with applesauce and a little problem with my Protein shake. I wonder if it's because all of these are cold (as someone previously mentioned). I was really hungry so I got some french fries for dinner just to see if I could and guess what? I had no trouble what-so-ever with them. I ate about 10 in 60 minutes, it took about 10 bites to finish a fry, and i so throughly chewed each bite that it over 5 m inutes a fry. I promised myself that I would stop if I felt any restriction but nothing at all. Strange isn't it?

I also called the nurse coordinator of the bariatric program to let her know what was going on. I explained the situation to her. She asked about reflux or vomiting (which I haven't had because I have eaten so little). She told me to keep trying and call her friday at noon. I will let you know what happens