Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I week post-op How is everyone?

I went for my 1 week followup appointment and got my staples out Yeah! I have to admit I was a little nervous about it. They only ones that hurt coming out are the ones where my port incision is. It didn't hurt that much just stung a little bit. I didn't even feel the others come out.

Here is the awesome news! I'm down 9lbs since surgery day, and 13lbs since my pre-op appointment! Never ever ever in my intire life have I lost 9 lbs in 1 week!!!! I know that is not something that will happen from here on out I here 2 lbs a week is average. That is my goal.

I hope everyone else is having good if not better results than me. I talked to 2 girls at the doctors office that had the same surgery date as me and they where down 11, and 13 lbs awesome!!!

The surgeon and dietician said I can start solids today (cottage cheese, string cheese, eggs, refried beans) as long as it is soft and soft Protein only! Yeah!!!!!

Edited by hallelujah.girl

Nice job on the loss since surgery!!

I don't have my post-op until tomorrow morning so I don't know my official weight loss since then. I am thinking the appointment is going to be a 5 minute ordeal - I don't have staples or anything to take out.

I feel good otherwise! I am still having a hard time getting all of my Protein in but I keep trying. I'm doing well with Water. My liquid diet is for 2 weeks, so I guess I am officially half way over with it. It really hasn't been all that bad though. sugar free pudding and popsicles rock!

Staples out are always a good thing. Way to go on your weight loss! Seeing weight number go down make this all worth it. I will 1 week post op tomorrow and I feel pretty darn good today. I keep my daughter home from school and we are off to get a pedicure (I had to take all my nail polish off for the surgery). Continue with the success!!!!

I am also on a two week liquid diet, but for some reason it's not as bad as the pre-op. Weird.

Edited by meem
mis-spelled

hallelujah.girl, That is awesome.. Way to go.. I am sure it feels so good. I don't go to see my Dr. until June 8th, but I don't have staples he just glued me.

My mom let me use her big industrial scale, so I picked it up on Mothers day. When I got it home I decided to just see where I was at. So I do and I was down another 17 pounds since surgery. So with my 12 pounds before and these 17 I am now down 29 pounds.. WHOO HOO! I was so excited. I have not gone back on the scales since then, I don't plan on weighing myself again for another week or so.. But as for my clothes, I really feel and see a differance.

As for food, I was able to go on Cottage cheese and Soups on Sunday I get to start canned meats today. It is interesting how differant meal plans are for differant areas. But I am not complaining.. I loved having an egg with cheese for Breakfast today, and am looking forward to tuna salad for lunch.

If you want a quick good recipe for your cottage cheese, here is one for a lunch or dinner this is what I did on Monday and I loved it. I took my portion of cottage cheese mixed in a sprinkle of italian mix shredded cheese and a little garlic powder and a little parsley flakes. stir it all together then place it in a small pirex (custard bowl or dish) spray with pam. and I took a tsp of prepared spegettii sauce and spread it on the top and put it in the over on 450 for about 5 min's (until heated through) It taste just like lasanga. It becauses soupy and I just mix it all together and ate it out of the small contatiner. It was so good. Just a suggestion.

I also made some broccolii cheese Soup and that was great I just blended it really really good and It was very tasty.

Well, I hope you have another great week. Much success.

Well I'm 10 days out and feeling great. I started back walking (3 miles a day) and not feeling tired like I thought I would from not eating. I'm still not getting but about 35 -40 grams of Protein but doc said not to worry about it right now. I start pureed on Monday and I'm sure that will be better. I'm down about 10 lbs and can already tell in some of my to tight clothes. I feel like my friends and family are already tired of hearing about my lapband and how much I've already lost but I hate it they'll just have to listen out get away from the sound of voice because I'm so excited right now and nobody is gonna get me down!!!!!!

Everyone is moving along quite well!

I had to cancel my post-op today. My daughter woke me up at 6am in tears with a sore throat. She had strep 6 weeks ago, and I called her doctor and they said bring her back in, it sounds like she never got rid of the virus. Sure enough, she tested positive for strep right there in the office.

Sooooooo, I did go to the doctor today alright, but not the one I would have preferred! I had to reschedule for next Thursday, which will be over 2 weeks post-op. That's weird!

Why even go at that point? Hehe

Hi All,

My appointment is on Monday.

I had a rough few days after surgery but things seem to be getting better now.

I went back to work yesterday and MAN WAS I DRAGGING!! :thumbup::blink:

Today was not as bad and I've been able to increase my activity every day. I'm at 5300 steps today. When I started last week i could barely make 1000.

Last night was my first night of real sleep. I had to get up twice to run to the bathroom..... Just in case... :rolleyes:

I can't put my CPAP on though my chest just gets SO tight with air and I feel like I'm going to explode. I am going to talk to my dr. about that on Monday.

One thing I'm worried about right now is that I think I'm getting a UTI. :w00t: I haven't had one in years but I drank 2 liters of Water today and I really am not peeing that much. Any thoughts? I called the dr. office today and didn't get a call back.

And if my scale is right, I'm 17 lbs down. I'm not going to officially get happy about that until I see the dr. on Monday though.

Hi All!

Today was my follow up with the surgeon's office and then the nutritionist. I have disolving stitches but the PA took the tape off. Still sore around the port area but getting better all the time. They were very happy with my 8lb weight loss.

The nutritionist wasn't as fun. I'm still not having luck getting all my Protein in. I'm on mushies for another week. I'm supposed to have 6 tablespoons three times a day. No problem. Keeps the hunger at bay. The problem is the 60-80 grams of carbs. The carb shakes makes me nauseous. Got the unflavored uninjury and make the mistake of trying it in my Tomato juice. *shudders* I'll try some fat free chocolate milk tomorrow. Don't think I can do it tonight.

I get to start soft foods on the 23rd. The next week will probably seem like forever!

Well I had a rough week with Constipation and gas pain. I still have no appetite and I feel like a need to burp all of the time, but nothing comes out. I am only managing 2 Protein Drinks, a cup of broth and some Water a day and that is a chore. I am still on liquids until my post op appt on Thursday. I think if I could have some real food my appetite would improve. I am so sick of liquids. I have to cook meals for my family and I want to eat some so bad! I have resorted to taking a bite, chewing it up and then spitting it out. But at least I got to taste something good! I lost 18lbs pre-op and have lost 10 more in the last week. So I am down 50lbs since Feb. I haven't been down this low since I had my first child, 7 years ago.

Danielle

Hey Everyone sounds like everyone is doing fantastic!!!! I went back to my doctor yesterday. I lost 18 pounds before surgery and now I have lost another 11 pounds since. i am on pureed foods until Tuesday and then I get to have soft foods for a week and then finally back to normal food. I am so glad everyone is doing well.:)