Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not eating for a week after a fill?

I have been told to be on liquids only for one week after a fill. I was just wondering if anyone could help explain why this is necessary. I am just a little curious about this, because it seems like you should be able to do soft foods at least. I guess my question really is what does everyone elses doctors tell them. Thnaks for any advice.

My doctor says liquids that day and regular foods the next day. I've had 5 fills , no problems. I will say I am always nervous about what I can eat and usually eat chili and easy foods for a while. Taking my medicines causes me the most problems.

Must be your doctor. I meet once a month with the St. Luke's nutritionist/group and she said for the remainder of the fill day, liquids, but sees no problem with real food the next day on. Good luck. I couldn't stand a week of liquids again!

I was told two days of liquids, two of semi muchies and two of regular muchies.... I made it to day four and then ate something, I think I did ok lol... hope I did not screw anything up.

amy

Thanks for the help. I just kept thinking 7 days was a little excessive. I think i will just take it slow.

My doctor says clears for 72 hours then back to stage one for a week, then stage two for a week, then normal foods.

my doc is the 2 days liquid , 2 days mushi, and then back to normal.......

My doctor says liquids for 24-48 hours, but I've found in my own case, I cannot do anything but liquids until FIVE days after a fill. After the 5 days, I'm pretty much back to a "normal" bandster diet.

My fills are the same way. I do best on liquids and semi-mushies to mushies for the first week after a fill. Otherwise, I end up stuck and PBing forever.

This last fill (followed by a slight unfill) has been exceptionally tight. I have really had to take it easy. It is loosening now and last night I had grilled shrimp and veggies at a local Mexican restaurant.

Today, however, my band is back to being super tight and I am pushing it to eat some cheesy mashed potatoes. I just had a small bowl and figure my band will loosen up again later in the day.

Mine seems to be highly dependent on the different times of day. Some times are better to eat than others for me. Nothing in the mornings, sometimes not even coffee for a while. Mushy type foods early in the day and then regular food in the evening followed later by a regular food snack (fresh fruit usually and as much as I can get my band to let me eat! - occasionally popcorn)

my stomachs pretty sensitive after a fill as well. if i dont stick to liquids and mushies for several days afterwards i end up PBing everything back up. its different for eveeryone. just depends on how your body reacts. some of us stay swollen for a lot longer than others. i had a fill on monday and im still being pretty careful. the only good thing about it is i usually lose quite a bit that 1st week

first few fills i was fine could eat right after fill then when i got to 4th one i didnt do the liquids 2 days then soft 2 days then reg food and i was sick off and on for a month.last fill did what they said and i was fine .so must be right something they is saying

My band like sistasassy is very much dependent on the time of day regardless of what time in the month or fills.

My doctor tells me 24 hours of lliquids after my fill, but i've noticed that when I go to eat regular food like they say I can on the second day I can keep down. Also lately I've noticed that liquids are hard to keep down and I get burpy and cough up the liquid like a baby sometimes burps up food when you burp them.

I hate getting my fills because it is the most uncomfortable time during the whole month, but I stick through it for the end results.