Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

baby, there's definitely some value in it but where would we go to see if our blood pressure meds are working? :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, grrlz!

Ugh. I was baptized catholic. Your type is the reason I abandoned religion long ago. But you know what? Keep spreading your hate. You make people see what organized religion and the Christian movement is REALLY about! Freedom for all (unless you are gay or not Christian), Life for all (unless you are on death row), Family values (unless your family has an unwed teenage daughter), don't worry about how you live your life day to day because it will all be forgiven on Sunday!

I was baptised catholic, too, and I also left organized 'religion' many years ago. I became a believer in Jesus and left the catholic church to live my life according to the word of God and not any 'religions' man made doctrines. I will tell you that there may be some christians out there who do not practice what they preach, but I am not one of them. I certainly by no means am without sin in my life and will admit and confess my wrong doings to anyone. I am not perfect, god knows that, but I try very hard to follow God the best way that I can. If I fail, and I do every day, I confess that to him and receive his forgiveness. If you're upset with my reason for not wanting gay marriages to be legalized, then so be it. I am upset that you want it legalized. So that makes us even. Did you all want to come onto a debate and rants and raves forum and debate amongst yourselves about how wonderful legalizing gay marriage would be? Or did you want an opposing view? Did you want everyone who posted here to be FOR it? So sorry you are offended, but my biblical viewpoint on the issue is just as real to me as your view is to you.

I really believe that PG believes that she has a misson to point out what she believes is "sin". I don't think (I maybe wrong here) that she means to hurt anyone, but try and save them. Even though she means well it comes accross as hateful. I hate the fact that people are hurt and offended. As a Christian I believe that I lead by example not by condemation. It is not up to me to point out other peoples sin. I have enough of my own to account for. I sure don't need anyone else's.

The one thing that I know for sure is that God loves everyone. I know that it states in the Bible there is only one unforgivable sin and that is blaspheming the Holy Spirt. Everything else can and will be forgiven, and for that fact I am grateful.

I don't believe that it is my 'mission' to point out others sins. You are wrong about me here. I believe I was answering their question about why I don't want to have gay marriages legalized. My answer is BECAUSE IT IS A SIN!!!!!!! Can I be any more clear?! That's why I don't want it legaliized. No other reason. It's NOT because I'm a bigot. It's NOT because I hate gay paople. It's NOT because I'm fearful of gays.

I, also understand that God loves everyone and that all sin is forgivable. But not if you don't go through Jesus for that forgiveness, and not if you don't believe that God says it is sinful. God forgives HIS children for their sins, not unbelievers.

So, do you want it legalized? Why or why not?

patty: "bjean, It was God who said 'The wisdom of man is foolishness unto God.'"

When exactly did God say that, patty? Oh and under what circumstances and in what context?

I believe that God gave us inquiring minds for a reason.

Sure, I don't have an issue with gay marrigae. I do believe there can be a compromise as to what it can be called. The lightening rod here seem to be the issue of calling it marriage.If the word "marriage" is the problem then surely to goodness we can up with a term that means the same thing.

I think that a commited gay couple should be allowed a legal ceremony so that they can have the same rights as a commited straight couple. Like I said before it is their life. God did give us free will. If the choices we make are wrong the we have to atone for them.

PG I do have a question for you. If someone who has accepted Christ as their savior dies and has not confessed to a sin does that mean they are not going to go to heaven?

I was taught and believe that once saved always saved.

I am not putting your beliefs down I just want to know.

patty: "bjean, It was God who said 'The wisdom of man is foolishness unto God.'"

When exactly did God say that, patty? Oh and under what circumstances and in what context?

I believe that God gave us inquiring minds for a reason.

He said it in 1 Corinthians chapter 3 verse 19. He was speaking about turning away from human wisdom if you want to be wise. Also, many times in the book of proverbs it speaks of Man, whom God created, as thinking they are wiser than God.

Sure, I don't have an issue with gay marrigae. I do believe there can be a compromise as to what it can be called. The lightening rod here seem to be the issue of calling it marriage.If the word "marriage" is the problem then surely to goodness we can up with a term that means the same thing.

I think that a commited gay couple should be allowed a legal ceremony so that they can have the same rights as a commited straight couple. Like I said before it is their life. God did give us free will. If the choices we make are wrong the we have to atone for them.

PG I do have a question for you. If someone who has accepted Christ as their savior dies and has not confessed to a sin does that mean they are not going to go to heaven?

I also do not have a problem with gay civil unions that give the same rights to them as married people have. Everyone must and should be able to make their own choices in life. My problem comes in when they want to call it a marriage which God established for 1 man and 1 woman together.

To answer your question. I believe God says that if you believe in Him and are trusting Jesus for your salvation, then his sacrifice on the cross covers ALL your sins. (past, present, and future) I gave this analogy to someone once on lbt, and I'll share it with you.

There once was a man who owned a vineyard. He had a son who he hired to work in it. He also hired his friend and other hands to work for him. His son was lazy and worthless at his job. His sons friend was the same. They both slacked off and didn't do their work. What does the father do? He takes hold of the hired hand and casts him out. He fires him. Cuts him off. But what of his son? Does he cast him out? Does he fire him? No. Because he is his son. Punish him? Discipline him? cut his pay off? Yes, but cast him out of the vineyard, Never. For he's his son. The difference is not in the sin but the way God views the sin. The believer's sin is covered in the blood that Jesus shed for it. The unbelievers is not covered. So, even though we all sin, we're not all going to heaven, only the sinners who believe and trust in God's way to get them there, which is through Jesus.

I believe that you can lose your salvation if you tell God that you no longer believe in Jesus or all you once believed in and you don't want anything to do with him. Also, if you continue in your sin without a repentant heart I believe that the Holy Spirit leaves you and no longer dwells inside the believer. I have always felt that the 'once saved always saved' concept contradicted scripture. If it were that way, then why not accept Jesus as your savior and then live any old way we want to. Jesus said that you will know the true believers by their fruit. Are they living in sin? Or are they trying to live as Jesus taught in righteousness? Once you turn your life towards God, you can't help but desire to live for him and not commit what he calls wrong doing because you don't want to grieve the holy Spirit by your actions.

Amy, at the risk of sounding like PG (and I present this for clarification only), here is the specific passage:

Lev 18:22 - 'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Well, I'm not trying to persuade anybody, because we all have to come to our own conclusions, but remember, this was the part of the old testiment that was the old covenant. I mean, it also lists dietary restrictions, but Christians today don't follow THAT.

Jesus told Paul later not to let the old rules of the dietary code interfere with him spreading the news of the gospel to the Gentiles. I (and I'm speaking for me alone) believe that some parts of the old covenant were maybe nullified by the new covenant (Jesus himself).

I believe people do not pretend to be gay or do it for funsies! Why would they? I am straight and there is no way I would be attracted to another woman it's not part of my being. I know of many men and women who are homosexual, bisexual even pansexual

I too think that the majority of people were born (as opposed to choosing) homosexual. Now bi-sexual and pansexual, I kinda think that's more a choice, and frankly, it creeps me out.

I loved how the prop 8 folks scared the bejesus out of everyone. Made it seem like a school issue. One person I work with thought it was about school funding because every single sign had a big picture of a school on it.

Maybe they should have been better informed.

I think there's a big difference between a young girl trying to get the attention of men by making out with another girl in front of them and the act of coming out as a gay person and I'm not sure where it the two have anything to do with each other.

Well the common denominator would be two people of the same sex kissing in a sexual way.

DownIn, I believe that the movement to ban gay marriage was started by certain groups of religious folks. There may be non-religious people who agree with them, but the finances and organization behind the movement have been handled by religious people. When one of the major players recently stated on Larry King that he had nothing to do with it, some of the media pulled up video of him, from some months ago, fully supporting it.

What's the name of this major player? Just curious....I want to do some digging.

I have not called anyone names at all. I have also been VERY clear that I don't 'Hate' anyone. I just hate their sins. What do any of you have against me or anyone who hates the wrong doings of others? Noone minds if I hate the fact that children get abused by pedophiles. Noone minds if I hate the lies people tell. Noone minds if I hate any other sinful act out there. But, mention that I hate and do not approve of the acts of homosexuals, and everyone thinks I'm a hateful, intollerant, unloving person. Not true. I just hate the sin of the homosexual. It's nothing personal.

See, to me....there's not any difference in engaging in a homosexual act, and a heterosexual man engaging in adultery (I mean sin-wise, ya smart asses.....I'm aware of the OBVIOUS physical differences, lol). The difference is, some churches are reluctant to let even celibate homosexuals in, while turning a blind eye to the "nighttime" activities of other members....especially if those other members tithe.

I think you mean well but your approach is too aggressive.

Sorry Patty, I tend to agree.

If everyone blocks PG she will have no one else to spew her hate onto. I am just saying it has been wonderful for me....

Everybody would have to not hit the quote button, either.

Ugh. I was baptized catholic. Your type is the reason I abandoned religion long ago.

Well actually, you made that choice, socal.....I know what you're saying about the obvious hypocrisy, but not all Christians are like that. That'd be like me saying "It's people like OJ simpson that turned me off of dating women that have black ex-husbands". Generalization? Yes, of the worst kind. I think it's a little sad that you let a few bad apples affect your choices.

I know that men wrote the Bible and much of it for their own selfish reasons. Anyone who accepts the Bible as literal and believes that God actually wrote it is a fool.

Everybody that doesn't believe how I believe is a fool. Isn't that what you're really saying, BJean? I believe that the Bible is God's word and that parts of it are quite literal. Am I a fool?

Wow, I am seeing a lot of "hate", "dislike" or whatever else you want to call it in this thread. It really is very sad that some of the posts I am seeing here are on the verge of grade school level.

Please remember, you are welcome to attack ideas, but not people. If you find that you truly dislike a particular members way of posting, you have the option of either blocking that person, or simply not returning to the thread, especially if it is a thread they started. However, launching all out attacks on a particular person, with chants to block that person, is not acceptable.

Please stay on topic and be respectful of one another so I am not forced to close this thread.

Thank you.

plain, I agree that there is no difference in the homosexual act and the adultrous act, sin wise. There is no difference in the homosexual act and ANY other sin.

If some churches don't allow even celibate homosexuals in, yet allow some married men who engage in adultry into the church simply because they are tithing there like you say, then they are behaving badly.

Plain,

Pansexuals and bisexuals may freak you out but they are real people.

"The Bird is the Word" Peter Griffin