Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

Just the image that's stuck in my head.

post-260537-13813138367126_thumb.jpg

So why doesn't the gov use 'civil unions' for gays and 'marriage' for men and women? The gay community doesn't seem to be satisfied with that for some reason.

We are NOT intollerant because we want to exclude gays from marriage. Are we intollerant because we want to exclude thiefs from entering our stores? Are we intollerant because we are not accepting of liars?

When you don't do what's right,you shouldn't get to have the same things that the law affords others.

It's all about the act of homosexuality. It is not acceptable, plain and simple, because it is sinful. No other reason. This is not what people are willing to come out and say. But it's the reason that is in every persons heart for why they will not vote for gay marriage. Most people just don't want to be bold and just come out and say it. They fear being called 'hateful' or 'Intollerant' or 'Homophobic'. I don't fear what others may think about what I believe. God says not to be ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the salvation of every mans soul.

are you really comparing law abiding gay citizens to theives? Gay marriage in this instance isn't a religious issue... there is seperation of church and state. homosexual men and women pay their taxes, voluenter in their comunities etc... they deserve the same rights as other citizens of the united states... ever hear that little saying reguardless of race, relegion, sex , creed or sexual orientation.

YES YOU ARE IGNORANT AND FILLED WITH HATE, SOOO SAD!

The question was asked, she answered it . We still live in a nation where there is "freedom" of speech and she exercised it and was well within her rights, period! End of story.

however when u say that homosexuals are in the same catagory as theives and criminals, that goes way beyond an opinion, that is hateful. Im sorry u don't see it that way, but this Is my opinion, and I too can state it.

What does god have to do with a state service?

Seperation of church and state anyone?

Discrimination hiding behind religion. Humm.

At one time those who wantd to stop segregation where the "minority" also.

Does anyone have an arguement against gay marriage that does not involve abridging the seperation of church and state or freedom of religion for ALL, not just imposing the christian view on our entire nation? I am waiting, seriously.

gamyj, one question you asked was not answered that had to do with Jews going to hell. I won't presume to answer for pattygreen, but I can tell you that certain fanatical people, who buy into the whole "born again" dogma, do believe that anyone who does not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, does not believe that he is the son of God, does not believe that Jesus died for our sins, is going to hell.

For them there is no wiggle room - all but those "brilliant" few, are going straight to hell. In fact, even if you do believe some part of that statement, and you belong to a Christian church and profess to be a Christian, but you have not been "born again" you are still going to hell. And you better watch out because when Christ returns (and they believe that may be very soon) you're going to burn, baby, burn.

DownIn, I believe that the movement to ban gay marriage was started by certain groups of religious folks. There may be non-religious people who agree with them, but the finances and organization behind the movement have been handled by religious people. When one of the major players recently stated on Larry King that he had nothing to do with it, some of the media pulled up video of him, from some months ago, fully supporting it.

Sorta scares you about some of the organized religions in America, doesn't it?

These are the same people who believe that prayer (but only their kind of prayer) should be allowed in schools, "In God We Trust" should be on our currency, and other Christian symbols are appropriate on our public buildings. They say they believe that taking prayer out of public schools is why there are shootings and bad stuff that goes on in our schools. Of course they are also some of the same people who believe that we should be allowed to own machine guns.

Sorta scary, right? Because at the very least, it's so contradictory and so exclusionary and so single minded.

Laptastic, me too!! Dirty pillows, right? Get thee in the closet to do your penance!

however when u say that homosexuals are in the same catagory as theives and criminals, that goes way beyond an opinion, that is hateful. Im sorry u don't see it that way, but this Is my opinion, and I too can state it.

I didn't say that gay people are similar to theives or criminals in the sense that they are committing crimes, but that they are the same in the sense that they are committing SIN.

Does anyone have an arguement against gay marriage that does not involve abridging the seperation of church and state or freedom of religion for ALL, not just imposing the christian view on our entire nation? I am waiting, seriously.

my biggest hang up yet on the subject.

beth, when i said "collective we" - i meant those not wanting laws of the christian faith to define the legalization of unions - LEAVE that to who want their religious ceremony.

seems so damn selective to allow it for the states to decide on gay marriage, but these are the same few who are friggin pissed that prayer has been removed from school.

stick it & keep it in the home, which is where it all belongs. i want church separate from state. social issues have no place in gov't ... last i checked they had enough to deal with & worrying about gays marrying should be FAR down on the list.

But patty, comparing homosexuals to criminals is hateful. It's an ugly way to make your point.

are you really comparing law abiding gay citizens to theives? Gay marriage in this instance isn't a religious issue... there is seperation of church and state. homosexual men and women pay their taxes, volunteer in their comunities etc... they deserve the same rights as other citizens of the united states... ever hear that little saying reguardless of race, relegion, sex , creed or sexual orientation.

YES YOU ARE IGNORANT AND FILLED WITH HATE, SOOO SAD!

Who cares that gay people pay their taxes and volunteer in their communities? So do alot of people. What does what they do in life have to do with whether they should be allowed to get married? And, No, I never heard of that. I've heard of "regardless of race, religion or sex (male or female)."

BTW, marriage is a religious institution that God in Heaven instituted between the male and the female. It's NOT every persons 'right'.

Concerning social issues in government: People issues ARE social issues. There is no way to avoid connecting the two. When deciding laws, you need to begin somewhere. Laws began in the beginning of time when God gave us the 10 commandments. All laws stem from the earliest laws written in the scriptures. When people are trying to decide laws, they fall back on what is right and what is wrong. Well, who decides? To the gay person it is right, and to others it is wrong. This is why the world NEEDS the guidebook. The only one who should be allowed to determine the rights and wrongs of any law should be God himself who also created mankind. Without the law (10 commandments and the books of the laws in scripture) man would not know what is right or wrong.

But patty, comparing homosexuals to criminals is hateful. It's an ugly way to make your point.

Sin is sin. there is no pretty way to say it. I also compared gluttony to criminals as well. I don't leave out any sin, even my own, when I compare them.