Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

Ignorance and hate is so ugly as she continually proves on this thread.

I wish it was just this thread. Every freakin' thread she gets on goes this way. *sigh* :unsure:

I agree Nanook... thank you for calming me. I love learning about other cultures and religions. I don't really go to temple anymore... i found the sevices not very spiritual, but I very much feel connected with my culture and people. I am spiritual and find so much beauty in other cultures and religions. Yet I am alway a Jew.

Fear is a terrible thing, it is what tears ppl apart, it is what wars are made of, it can breed terrible hate. I wish more ppl were like you. :unsure: thanks again

amy

Condemn people? Never!

Oh, but you do. And what's sadder still is you deny it or just don't see it. Every time you open your mouth on here you do a disservice to God and run off His people. I guess that's YOUR sin.

I agree Nanook... thank you for calming me. I love learning about other cultures and religions. I don't really go to temple anymore... i found the sevices not very spiritual, but I very much feel connected with my culture and people. I am spiritual and find so much beauty in other cultures and religions. Yet I am alway a Jew.

Fear is a terrible thing, it is what tears ppl apart, it is what wars are made of, it can breed terrible hate. I wish more ppl were like you. :unsure: thanks again

amy

Don't take her too seriously she does do this quite often on threads you sound like good people to me too take care and ignore!!!!

If everyone blocks PG she will have no one else to spew her hate onto. I am just saying it has been wonderful for me....

Oh, but you do. And what's sadder still is you deny it or just don't see it. Every time you open your mouth on here you do a disservice to God and run off His people. I guess that's YOUR sin.[/quote

And the disservice that you do to God is trying to fit in with the world and be on his side. You seem to sit on the fence, lukewarm. Are you afraid to tell others when asked that the real reason you would not vote for gay marriages is because it IS a sin? You claim to be a christian also, yet you don't have it in you to be hated as Christ was hated for what he had to say to the world. I am not ashamed of the gospel and I am not afraid to be disliked because of what it says. I have NEVER told anyone here that I hate them for being gay, so the hateful crap is bogus. I have only told them that the act of homosexuality is sinful and this is what they don't like about me. I condemned noone to Hell or called anyone names. They just didn't like what I had to say about what's written in scripture. You on the other hand say nothing and in reality lead them to believe that it's ok to live any way they want. :unsure: God loves them and accepts what they do.:)

PG quit your preaching... Beth has her beleifs and doesn't have to preach them... it doesn't mean shes on the fence about anything, nor does it mean she is any less of a christian, she is respectful of others beleifs and doesn't have the need to shove it down anyones throat. You are really a peice of work.... I thought we ALL made it clear that you are loud and obnoxtious and not wanted.

You on the other hand say nothing and in reality lead them to believe that it's ok to live any way they want.

PATTY, IT IS NOT MY JOB OR YOURS TO TELL PEOPLE HOW TO LIVE THEIR LIVES!! That is where you and I part ways. You call it being lukewarm on my part, but I call it not being an ugly zealot and Pharisee like you. You holler and yell about holiness all the while being the stumbling block God warns about. You are an ugly soul who cloaks herself in the Bible, only able to rail on about sin. You are as big a sinner as anybody else, yet all you do is spew about others' sins. You are NOT a messenger of God but are instead an instrument of Satan.

And now I will take Babygurl's recommendation and put you BACK on ignore.

PG quit your preaching... Beth has her beleifs and doesn't have to preach them... it doesn't mean shes on the fence about anything, nor does it mean she is any less of a christian, she is respectful of others beleifs and doesn't have the need to shove it down anyones throat. You are really a peice of work.... I thought we ALL made it clear that you are loud and obnoxtious and not wanted.

Thank you, Amy.

I have learned one thing by watching blowhards like this for many years: Not ONE PERSON comes to God by this sort of "preaching." NOT ONE. I have been on message boards in the past where people like this would go to town, condemning people and having this accusatory tone in their "message," and while they were turning people off to God, I was slipping in through the back door and showing them something good about God which in many cases changed their minds.

The worst part of it was that I had to fight against these so-called "Christians" who were turning people OFF to God! And Patty is absolutely NO different. Sanctimonius twit!

I really believe that PG believes that she has a misson to point out what she believes is "sin". I don't think (I maybe wrong here) that she means to hurt anyone, but try and save them. Even though she means well it comes accross as hateful. I hate the fact that people are hurt and offended. As a Christian I believe that I lead by example not by condemation. It is not up to me to point out other peoples sin. I have enough of my own to account for. I sure don't need anyone else's.

The one thing that I know for sure is that God loves everyone. I know that it states in the Bible there is only one unforgivable sin and that is blaspheming the Holy Spirt. Everything else can and will be forgiven, and for that fact I am grateful.

I've said this before, and I will repeat it again. When the people in the past tried to stop segregation, biracial marriages, and slavery, they were doing the right thing because there is nothing wrong with the color of skin that you are born with and therefore they didn't deserve to be treated as if they were doing something wrong. Everybody knows that they were being treated unjustly because it is nowhere written that black skin is a sin. But, this is different. Homosexuality is a sin. Therefore, the law should not change to suit the minority who want to choose to live in that sinful lifestyle.

Ugh. I was baptized catholic. Your type is the reason I abandoned religion long ago. But you know what? Keep spreading your hate. You make people see what organized religion and the Christian movement is REALLY about! Freedom for all (unless you are gay or not Christian), Life for all (unless you are on death row), Family values (unless your family has an unwed teenage daughter), don't worry about how you live your life day to day because it will all be forgiven on Sunday!

Edited by DownInSocal

PG's religion is the Church of PG!

If being born a homosexual is a sin then I suppose that means love is a sin.

Nanook brought up the most relevant word here: FEAR

Fear is what drives the religious zealots who preach sin and hell fire damnation. Churches seized on the use of fear long ago - in fact when the Bible was written. It is a tool to make people feel really bad about themselves so that they would come to church to be instructed on how they can avoid hell and get into heaven.

If you hear a right wing sermon, you'll usually hear them call people sinners and they'll tell stories about how horrible people are because of their sins (which they will graphically illustrate by telling about some so 'n so who was a blasphemous sinner). They will scream, shout and just generally get the congregation all stirred up and afraid. Then they go all soft and quietly tell them that the only way for those who have sinned to turn away from Satan and be welcome into heaven is to embrace the Bible and come to worship Him and sing his praises... and oh by the way, don't leave without putting some $$ in the basket so YOUR church can go about doing God's business, helping others to turn away from Satan and make their way into God's good graces.

Fear! It's what they preach. It's what keeps people feeling like they are so bad that they must constantly read the Bible for instruction on how to be forgiven for their sins and the Bible underscores how important it is to worship Him and sing His praises and ask for forgiveness and be a good little "child" so you can get into heaven.

It's all about heaven, you know. That's what they tell us, those hell, fire and brimstone preachers - which is what patty is. But what it is really about is fear - the fear of hell. They do all they can to convince us that we are sinners everyday and that the only way we can get into heaven is to be born again and beg God for His forgiveness. In the meantime, they will be the ones who tell us exactly what the Bible says we can and can't do and they'll even be the ones who tell us who is and who is not going to heaven.

If they're not setting themselves up as God, the judge and jury, our St. Peter here on earth, our Jesus in the flesh, I don't know who is.

I don't know if it was patty who insinuated that without the Bible man would have no rules to live by. That is such balderdash and poppycock! People have a human nature that I believe is basically good. People who have never seen the Bible have made up rules to live by in order to live with each other in peace.

It's religion that causes all the wars. Religion that makes people feel superior and try to rule over others. It's those religious zealots who KNOW with all their heart that they have the key to life and who believe that they know what God wants who the whole problem and the reason why chaos will reign in this world.

Those religious zealots can be Christians or Muslims, or any number of sects you can name - they all have extremists who think they know best and they are willing to take up arms against the sinners - either verbal or literal guns - to prove their point.

Fear won't work against us if we don't let it. Ignorance is not bliss. There's a reason why a congregation is called a flock (of sheep). We're expected to follow without question. Read the Bible and come to church. No questions asked. People like patty are well coached and are fully loaded with armament (words) to keep you fearful. But it won't work if we call it what it is - propagandized poppycock.

We know what is good. We know what is right. We know what a sin is. We know that God is love. We know that God would never cast out a man or woman because they are homosexuals or for any other reason. God is love. God is not hate or accusations or guns or women wearking berkas. God is not to be used to enslave others for them to do their bidding and call it God's bidding.

Well, if any of you stuck through my diatribe and are still with me, I am surprised. But I am up to here with patty's preaching. I heard it most of my life and I'm not buying it anymore. I have learned better. I know that God is far better than what she's peddling and furthermore, I know that men wrote the Bible and much of it for their own selfish reasons. Anyone who accepts the Bible as literal and believes that God actually wrote it is a fool.

Well said BJean, maybe now this thread will end as it was only started to spread hate and fear, once again!:unsure: