Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

ugggghhhh PG you are EXHAUSTING. sin sin sin.... you don't need, nor does anyone want to hear that you think they are sinning. why oh why must you keep condeming people? ppl keep saying "PG stop, PG let ppl have their relationship with G*D,PG you are not in any way shape or form intitled to tell ppl they are sinning" why do u keep saying the same thing over again? ppl have their own beliefs, and your holy rolling does not change anything, it does not change anyones opinion, it does not make ppl rethink their beliefs, its quite frankly annoying and insulting. I think u may be a little obsessive. I also don't beleive G*D would ever turn his back on us, he loves us, and maybe thats why your so scared... your afraid G*D will turn His back on you. I beleive even if I never prayed again He would still never turn His back on me. I know many athiests, and I think G*D doesn't turn His back on them, I think He still loves them and will allow them into heaven... He is LOVE.

My relationship with G*D is very strong. I don't need to read the bible to have a relationship with HIM. Don't you dare for one second think you can sit there and say that G*DS word is not important to me, you don't know me or my experiences in life. I have a real relationship with the Lord and don't need a bible to tell me whats right and wrong or what the Lord wishes from me. You are out of line. Just bc I don't preach and condem others doesn't mean I don't value G*Ds word. G*D has always guided me to be the best person that I can be, and I don't need to condem anyone. He has taught me love. I am not worried about my day to meet with Him. I think you should be since you are trying to be Him, i don't think that'll go over too well.

ugggghhhh PG you are EXHAUSTING. sin sin sin.... you don't need, nor does anyone want to hear that you think they are sinning. why oh why must you keep condeming people? ppl keep saying "PG stop, PG let ppl have their relationship with G*D,PG you are not in any way shape or form intitled to tell ppl they are sinning" why do u keep saying the same thing over again? ppl have their own beliefs, and your holy rolling does not change anything, it does not change anyones opinion, it does not make ppl rethink their beliefs, its quite frankly annoying and insulting. I think u may be a little obsessive. I also don't beleive G*D would ever turn his back on us, he loves us, and maybe thats why your so scared... your afraid G*D will turn His back on you. I beleive even if I never prayed again He would still never turn His back on me. I know many athiests, and I think G*D doesn't turn His back on them, I think He still loves them and will allow them into heaven... He is LOVE.

All I can say to that is "you 'think' wrong." God does turn his back on those who choose to ignore him. He is LOVE. You are right about that. But, he is also JUST. He says that anyone with sin upon them when they die will NOT enter into his presence. They can't, for God cannot be in the presence of sin. So, we need a savior to be a substitute to take our punishment for us. He provided Jesus to take our discipline for us.

PG I do understand what you are trying to do. I think that you really want for everyone to adhere to the Bible and live according to the scripture. I will tell you what my Grandpa (who was an missionary in Central America for more that 40 years)told me. He said "The thing people need to hear is God loves them no matter what and that he sent his son to die for them because he loved them. After they have accepted this then they will listen to what you are trying to say, but if I go into the jungles or villages and start from the first telling them that their way of life or what they know is wrong they will not listen to what I have to say. The goal of a Christian is to lead others to Christ not run them off."

I think you mean well but your approach is too aggressive.

Edited by BeckyinTn

PG, so if you believe the bible is the word of God and everything is an instruction that if you do not follow you are commiting a sin, do you agree with the following?

Leviticus 15

2. (25-30) Unusual or abnormal bodily discharge.

'If a woman has a discharge of blood for many days, other than at the time of her customary impurity, or if it runs beyond her usual time of impurity, all the days of her unclean discharge shall be as the days of her customary impurity. She shall be unclean. Every bed on which she lies all the days of her discharge shall be to her as the bed of her impurity; and whatever she sits on shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her impurity. Whoever touches those things shall be unclean; he shall wash his clothes and bathe in Water, and be unclean until evening. But if she is cleansed of her discharge, then she shall count for herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take for herself two turtledoves or two young pigeons, and bring them to the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of meeting. Then the priest shall offer the one as a sin offering and the other as a burnt offering, and the priest shall make atonement for her before the Lord for the discharge of her uncleanness.'

Does this mean we all need to keep pigeons or turtledoves on hand?

Gamyj, I don't try to 'be' God. Let me ask you, how can you know God without reading about him in the bible? How can you know what the Lord wishes of you without the bible? How can you know what's right and wrong without God telling you in the bible? Who shapes your ideals? How can you have a relationship with God without the bible? This is a new concept to me.

there u go a gain, you are not G*D and cannot say that I am wrong, you have no place or authority, and G*D never turns His back on anyone, not even rightious, biggoted ppl like u. You are pathetic and lost in your crazy holy rolling world you live in. You are easily the most closed minded hateful person I have ever come across. Thank your lucky stars that G*D is loving bc otherwise I don't know what would happen to u. I can't beleive the Hate that permiates your whole being, its disgusting.

whether this is a new concept for u concerns me not. I have a loving relationship with G*D and u are in no position to discredit it reguardless if it is a "new concept" to u.

thanks Nanook and Beth. Nanook isn't that a native american word for bear?

PG, so if you believe the bible is the word of God and everything is an instruction that if you do not follow you are commiting a sin, do you agree with the following?

Leviticus 15

2. (25-30) Unusual or abnormal bodily discharge.

'If a woman has a discharge of blood for many days, other than at the time of her customary impurity, or if it runs beyond her usual time of impurity, all the days of her unclean discharge shall be as the days of her customary impurity. She shall be unclean. Every bed on which she lies all the days of her discharge shall be to her as the bed of her impurity; and whatever she sits on shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her impurity. Whoever touches those things shall be unclean; he shall wash his clothes and bathe in Water, and be unclean until evening. But if she is cleansed of her discharge, then she shall count for herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take for herself two turtledoves or two young pigeons, and bring them to the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of meeting. Then the priest shall offer the one as a sin offering and the other as a burnt offering, and the priest shall make atonement for her before the Lord for the discharge of her uncleanness.'

Does this mean we all need to keep pigeons or turtledoves on hand?

No, because when Jesus, God's son, came in the manger and grew up, He gave his life for us as a sacrifice to end all sacrifices for sin on the cross. No other sacrifice is ever needed again. God provided a way for us. Those old testament sacrafices were an object lesson for mankind back then to show them that sin is only forgiven by the shedding of blood. God also told them that one day he would send a savior who would shed his own blood for us. The OT people looked forward to the saviors coming. He came when Jesus was born. Today we look back on the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and remember what God has done for us.

Yes it is Inuit for Polar bear and the nickname I received as a child from my eldest brother! As my real name is Nancy I think he was just trying to be clever or something and it's stuck all these years.

I just think some people tend to pick and choose what they want to follow verbatim from the Bible. I truly believe that heterosexuals and homosexuals are born that way. I don't believe God would make someone a homosexual but then expect them not to be able to express their love with another adult human being, of course I have to add that as people tend to compare it with having sex with children and/or animals:cursing:

I love that nickname... i love the native american culture, it is beautiful and peaceful. I just am having a really hard time having my faith attacked bc I don't beleive in the same thing as crazy does. I agree that she picks and chooses what she wants to beleive and live by. thank goodness, the religious leaders of our country, those of all faithes, aren't intollerent and ridgid and hateful as PG.

She forgets that there are many many cultures that don't go by the bible, never even heard of it, and still have a relationship with G*D be it a different name they call Him. The native americans just for one, are one of the most spirital peoples, they have another name for Him, but no doubt it is He.

Ignorance and hate is so ugly as she continually proves on this thread.

omg I don't know how anyone can compare the atrocities of raping a child to a loving relationship between 2 people reguardless if they are the same sex. Its so skuwed to me.

amy

PG I do understand what you are trying to do. I think that you really want for everyone to adhere to the Bible and live according to the scripture. I will tell you what my Grandpa (who was an missionary in Central America for more that 40 years)told me. He said "The thing people need to hear is God loves them no matter what and that he sent his son to die for them because he loved them. After they have accepted this then they will listen to what you are trying to say, but if I go into the jungles or villages and start from the first telling them that their way of life or what they know is wrong they will not listen to what I have to say. The goal of a Christian is to lead others to Christ not run them off."

I think you mean well but your approach is too aggressive.

You are right. If I were trying to witness to anyone about God and his love, I wouldn't focus on their sins in any way. I would first try to get them to understand that God loves them. Then I would share the way of salvation. God would then work in their lives and show them their wrong doings and the things that displease him. The difference is that we are in a rants and raves forum where these questions were put forth: What do you care if I live this way? Why can't gays get married like men and women do? Why does it bother anyone else how I live? Why are christians bigots, haters, and intollerant? They want the truthful answers for why we feel this way, yet when I am forward and truthful about it, they get angry and call me names. The truth is, they really don't want to know why christians are against gay marriage. They just want us to accept their way of life and change the term 'marriage' that God set up for husbands and wives to include their same sex way of life.

I love that nickname... i love the native american culture, it is beautiful and peaceful. I just am having a really hard time having my faith attacked bc I don't beleive in the same thing as crazy does. I agree that she picks and chooses what she wants to beleive and live by. thank goodness, the religious leaders of our country, those of all faithes, aren't intollerent and ridgid and hateful as PG.

She forgets that there are many many cultures that don't go by the bible, never even heard of it, and still have a relationship with G*D be it a different name they call Him. The native americans just for one, are one of the most spirital peoples, they have another name for Him, but no doubt it is He.

Ignorance and hate is so ugly as she continually proves on this thread.

omg I don't know how anyone can compare the atrocities of raping a child to a loving relationship between 2 people reguardless if they are the same sex. Its so skuwed to me.

amy

Well I think we inherently know what it is to be a good human being. We all come from different backgrounds and the more you learn about other cultures, religions, histories and just basically gain knowledge of others the more likely you will find things you have in common and not try to change or judge them. I find beauty in other people's differences and love to learn about them. I think fear drives a lot of people in their lives and keeps them from getting to know other people and understanding them. What a boring world it would be if we were all the same right?