Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I right to be angry and frustrated?

If you go to Yahoo groups there is a couple of groups and I have learned a lot from these groups as well. They have a lot of people asking questions. Iam 18 months out and feel I need a fill and went to the doctor and we talked about all the issues etc. and he said that he could do a fill if I wanted or wait to see how it goes. He felt that I was at the maxium in regards to fill size. He said if he put more in I might be to tight and would need a unfill. So I said will wait and see how Iam in Sept. at 2 years being banded. The way I looked at this and still do is that I take it one step at a time. Iam very pleased and glad that I did it. My wife and sister-in-law feel the same way even though they have not lost the amount that I have. They would do it again. I think that you are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Chris

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I was never in bandster hell as I was in so much pain from a nerve being pinched in my stomach that I couldn't think of eating. I really think you need to be open and honest with your Dr. about your experience and tell him what your needs are.

Once you get a couple of fills in you you'll be good to go and looking better than ever. Just take one day at a time and do the best you can.

I was banded on 12/30/08, have had 2 fills and still very little restriction. My surgeon says it can take up to 6 fills to hit the "Sweet Spot" that I am longing for! I just take it one day at a time.. I get my third fill this week and I sure hope it doesn't take 6 fills to get restriction! But if it does, it does. We are all individuals, so it takes more or less for everyone! Good luck to all!

Let me chime in here....got over it and get on with it. we all went thru it, we all are on our way to perfect restriction or we are there. we all get/got discouraged in bandster hell, so what? it is just another phase of the process that will change with time. time heals all, you will be fine. it is what it is. life is too short for the shoulda, woulda, coulda. G2S

I used to think this forum was a little too kiss-assy and all cotton candy and sunny skies.

Seems the closer someone gets to their goal weight, or past their goal weight--it's all aboard the bitch train.

I thought the same thing...candid isn't the word for her approach. Distasteful might be a better choice of terminology.

wow people are mean. this is where we can ask questions right? i think her frustration is valid. you can do as much research as you want sometimes in life you dont know the right questions until you are experiencing the situation. indio you sound frustrated.;) i was just banded 2 weeks ago. i have alot of questions i am frustrated too. be nice to each other, havent we all had a lifetime of beating up on ourselves?. lisa, keep your chin up.

wow people are mean. this is where we can ask questions right? i think her frustration is valid. you can do as much research as you want sometimes in life you dont know the right questions until you are experiencing the situation. indio you sound frustrated.;) i was just banded 2 weeks ago. i have alot of questions i am frustrated too. be nice to each other, havent we all had a lifetime of beating up on ourselves?. lisa, keep your chin up.

Stick around...there are a lot of people that will answer questions. You're just going to have to choose to ignore those that offer opinions that you feel are unsavory. Honestly, the good outweigh the bad. It's important for people to have a place to vent...but it IS the internet and everyone is permitted to say what they want...even if their approach is unkind.

Good luck to you!

call me mean, call me a bitch, that is okay. what it boils down to is don't waste time on what didn't happen, focus on what can happen. you have a great tool that when at proper restriction can really assist you in losing your weight and being healthy. rip off the rearview mirror, you can't change the past but you can change the now. and yes, there are so many here to offer advice and experience, use the resource to your advantage. you will succeed!

There are some surgeons that totally support there patients. I have one that made a commitment to me as I did to him. I was unaware that I had a fill put in when the lap band was done. He didn't tell me that, but when I started having some problems, the fill was removed. I bet most of you do have some fill in your band and don't even know it. Listen, everyone needs to feel supported no matter what, whether it be from our surgeon or our forum. We all learn as we go. Good Luck Lisa, let us know how you do!

i think its great to have all sides ,yes she said frustration !and she asked a question,lots of answers and thoughts came in, and its great and helpful ,then bam girlie2shooz comes in with whats real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rip off the f-n rearview mirror and grab a gear and lets go !!good stuff,you need to think that frustration will end with results and results will come with motivation,and motivation will come from both sympathy and get you azz in gear input !!!! . if you were blessed or lucky enough to get the band your blessed and lucky !!roll on

roll on!! i think that is great. !!! hey girl.. i dont need to call you a b#tch, i think you did that yourself. be tolerant to others. if you dont know where you been you'll never know where you want to go.