Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 22nd here at Baylor in Grapevine. I'll be doing the liquids for 2 weeks and will actually be in Disneyland the week prior to my surgery! Willpower will get me through! I can't wait. Kathi

Hello Everyone,

I am scheduled for surgery on 6/3. My Pre Op visit to the doctors was on the 21st of May. The dietician instructed me to begin liquids on 5/22. However, I have eaten a little on Memorial day (just a piece of steak and about 3 diced potatoes). I am starting straight liquids today 5/26 until the date of my surgery. Not eating anything on Memorial Day was a great challenge.

Is a week prior to my scheduled surgery enough time to do straight liquids? Please advise me of whether this will pose an hinderance on my surgery.

Getting cold feet, as I have read several posts about perhaps making a bad decision to have the surgery -- these thoughts occurred in these individuals after surgery, during Post Opt. Scares me as there is no turning back!!!

Thoughts?

Edited by ladyT

Getting cold feet, as I have read several posts about perhaps making a bad decision to have the surgery -- these thoughts occurred in these individuals after surgery, during Post Opt. Scares me as there is no turning back!!!

Thoughts?

I hear ya about the cold feet! I'm a little nervous about that as well. I wonder though - are the posts about regretting surgery are coming soon after surgery? When one is sore, hungry and still recuperating?

The way I look at it - just after surgery I will probably not be the nicest, happiest person in the world (already warned my support person about that). Things will be rough then, and then after healing, there's still more work to do!

But, as long as the results occur, how could it be a wrong decision? I know that's easy to say while we're still on the pre- side of the operation, but I'm tired of my life the way it is. I'm sick of being like this. I know there will be problems, issues and emotions I can't prepare for -but whatever happens, it will be different than this.

I wonder if the people questioning their decisions keep on questioning them?

Hello Everyone,

I am scheduled for surgery on 6/3. My Pre Op visit to the doctors was on the 21st of May. The dietician instructed me to begin liquids on 5/22. However, I have eaten a little on Memorial day (just a piece of steak and about 3 diced potatoes). I am starting straight liquids today 5/26 until the date of my surgery. Not eating anything on Memorial Day was a great challenge.

Is a week prior to my scheduled surgery enough time to do straight liquids? Please advise me of whether this will pose an hinderance on my surgery.

Thoughts?

For the diet, just stick to it now to the 'T' and you should be fine. the goal is no carbs fat or sugar...low low cal. if you have to chew something eat a couple of ounces of lean meat and veggies. As for this being the right decision for you, only you can answer that. I read a post yesterday that summed it up perfectly for me. It said something along the lines of how you will be loosing a part of youself, your best friend to some of us, in all-you-can-eat-food. She also said gaining her life back was completely worth it. It really is up to you and I wish you the best of luck:thumbup:

Everyone,

Thanks for uplifting and thought provoking posts. They are very helpful and have redirected my initial fears and thoughts.

Thanks again -- can't wait til the big date.

I can sure relate! I am being banded on June 12th and I read all these posts on here where people are jumping for joy and just can't wait to have surgery...and well, I haven't jumped for joy even once yet. I am more anxious and nervous about it all. I wish I was more excited but I can't wish it so. I thrive on reading the posts that say "you won't regret it" and that's how I hope I feel. I know somethings got to give because I am sick of being fat. The good thing about lap band is it is reversable at least. I haven't read of too many complications from getting it reversed if need be. That is encouraging! From all the research I have done, it seems that there are a ton of different outcomes. If I am going to go through this, I plan on following my diet to a T to make this all worth it!

I got my date today. June 25th. Preop on June 19th and I start liquid diet on June 10th. I've been waiting for this for 3 years between research and Kaiser not covering it and getting approved by BCBS. I am scared and nervous and excited all in the same breath.

Wow...it's been a long road for you! Once you get "the date", time really seems to fly! I need to start stocking up on supplies here at home so I will be ready. I got my Magic Bullet this past weekend and also a new blender. I have to choose my Protein Drink that I am going to start with and see how it goes. I should start experimenting with Protein Drinks to get an idea of what tastes good to me.

I have the magic bullet. I have to find something that I like Protein wise too. I'm picky bout what I drink. Its a big texture thing with me.

Just rec'd my date today. JUNE 12.....A little nervous, have major butterflies in my stomach but I'm ready for a change. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

I try to vary the Protein Shakes between EAS Edge and Slim Fast. But also make one from cottage cheese/FF milk/splenda/ice/2 frozen strawberries in the Magic Bullet. Comes out thick enough you can almost use a spoon.

Also have done it with Greek FF yogurt instead of cottage cheese but the taste is about the same. And it's 22 grams of Protein under 200 calories. You can use any frozen fruit.< /p>

Trisha

Practical...you are the same day as me. What part of Houston are you from and who is your surgeon? I have 2 friends down there that have had lap band and one who has had bypass. All three are sisters!