Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2009 Bandsters - shout out!!!

A word of advice for anyone who's getting banded soon or maybe just did...I know I'm like an evangelist about the abdominal binder! Find one, order one, get one!!! It will get you sleeping in a normal position in bed really fast and just keeps everything from moving around in there which is what's painful!!! Mine days dj orthopedics on it, its white and just looks like a huge elastic band (about 10 inches tall) with velcro. I wore mine for one week as instructed! I dont know if yo could find something like it at a drug store or one of those med supply/wheelchair type of stores...In a pinch I think you could buy a few of the largest ACE bandages...believe me, it would be worth it! Good luck all! Cali

Suse48...I am scheduled one day prior to you. Let stay in touch and compare stories!!

yea the only thing that really hurts is where the port is, b/c it is the largest insicion, and i am really gassy and they said to walk 15 min every hr. but basically i am just achy. you have nothing to worry about.:redface:

Congrats! You are now officially BANDED!!!!!

I am glad to hear that you are so up-beat the day after, and feeling better.

'

You mentioned 'painful'. Where was the pain you were experiencing and what did you take for it? Are you in pain today?

I go one week from Thursday and am so afraid of abdominal pain...!

Sarah,

Did you have problems making arrangements for fills and other care after the surgery? I was told that doctor's do not like the idea of taking care of another doctor's patient. Was it difficult for you to find someone?

annieminute

its the moment of truth......im getting banded first thing tomorrow morning. I have to be at NYU Medical Center at 6am. I never even asked the dr about the pain bc i didnt want that to make me fearful. but i have to say im a little nervous about that. I dont know what to expect. BUT theres no turning back now. Ill be back afterwards to comment on the procedure

Did anyone else have to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks???? Im starving! I've lost 15 pounds. This has been the longest 2 weeks of my life.

Finally the wait is over

xoxoxoxo

I'm banded!

Dr. Gonzalez was great -- done at TLC Edge.

Have a major sore throat but everything else is good, but then I'm on happy Syrup.< /p>

I forgot already about that sore throat...its like they rammed a tube down there when you were asleep...oh, yeah, they did! The Mayos seem to have done well...that's good for the ones left to go!!! Good luck to you all! I LOVE MY BAND!!!Cali

Hey for anyone who didn't hear this little tip like I didn't!!1 Apparently they fill you up with gas during the operation, so get some gas x or Rolaids for gas but make sure u can chew them!!! These will be a life saver!!!!

I'm having my surgery May 28th. I am on day 5 of my liquid diet and surprisingly Im doing just fine.

I am getting very excited!!:thumbup:

Hello. I have not posted in a while. I was banded on the 14th. Made it through the one week of Clear Liquids and now am starting the full liquids today. Question: for those of you that have been banded, did you ever think "what in the world did I do this for?" Do not get me wrong, I am so very thankful I had the band placed, I do find myself at times feeling almost sorry for myself that I can not eat the meal I just prepared for my family. Or like yesterday, my kids had a program at school and after the program parents and teachers brought them to DQ to Celebrate. I felt lost.... what is there that I could have? Really nothing, but I did sneak in a few bites of my sons ice cream, them became sick........ Does anyone understand???? Heather:unsure:

Where do you find an abdomen binder? and how do you know it will fit... is it one size fits all?

Hello. I have not posted in a while. I was banded on the 14th. Made it through the one week of clear liquids and now am starting the full liquids today. Question: for those of you that have been banded, did you ever think "what in the world did I do this for?" Do not get me wrong, I am so very thankful I had the band placed, I do find myself at times feeling almost sorry for myself that I can not eat the meal I just prepared for my family. Or like yesterday, my kids had a program at school and after the program parents and teachers brought them to DQ to Celebrate. I felt lost.... what is there that I could have? Really nothing, but I did sneak in a few bites of my sons ice cream, them became sick........ Does anyone understand???? Heather:unsure:

ABSOTIVELY, POSOLUTELY! I felt the same way, and so did others who were banded in May. Don't worry. It's a common feeling. I felt so depressed right after, wondering why in the world had I done this elective surgery?! But, as the days go by, and as you can eat more and you feel your clothes start to get looser, you feelings about this will change.

Why don't you join us on the mayo Bandito board, where we have lots of threads going about all sorts of subjects, including our emotions. Simply click here and you'll be taken to Mayo Bandito land! :thumbup: May 09 Bandsters - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

Hope to see you there! Keep your chin up! It will get better! :lol:

OH yeah Heather, I felt like that too. Sitting at dinner with my family and friends and they were munching on chips and queso and I was sitting there waiting for my stupid Soup and starving....... and who can I be mad at by myself, for being in this situation?

Just remember, this too shall pass!

I agree with Ann, go over to the May forum and read some of the posts there. :thumbup: