Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2009 Bandsters - shout out!!!

I had my band surgery on 05/04...I was 223 before surgery and after surgery I was 225...alot of people have said they gained right after.....but I lost it fast...it hasn't even been 2 weeks and I'm down 11pds

Dear hsj,

I think I lost 9 pounds on the preop then 7 the first week post op. Today is day 10 post op and I feel great and still have zero appetite...just doing the Protein Shakes and now some thin Soup with added Protein Powder because I was getting so sick of the sweet slim fast etc! Life is good...I never even think about food and that's very new to me...So far, well worth the price of my painful self pay! Cali

Hi, I am so confused. I know you are supposed to drink the Protein Drinks immediately post-op but then I'm told you can only drink 1-2 ozs. So how can you do both? My band date is 5/20 and I still seem to have so many questions. Thanks, everyone. Maybaby

Its mainly because the stomache will not tolerate much esle in the first weeks Post Op.. So its like learning to eat all over again like a toddler.. you will get used to it its a slow Process but it is individual to each person what they can tolerate.. Good Luck and Dont worry! Mine is on the 29th in Belgium I am from the UK...

Hi, I am so confused. I know you are supposed to drink the Protein drinks immediately post-op but then I'm told you can only drink 1-2 ozs. So how can you do both? My band date is 5/20 and I still seem to have so many questions. Thanks, everyone. Maybaby

actually, immediately post-op, protein drinks are excluded from the plan my surgeon uses--- just Clear Liquids with 3-4 "meals" per day--- consisting of 1/4 cup of fruit juice, half of a popsicle, etc.

I don't progress to full liquids until my follow up---which is coming up on friday--- 8 days after my surgery--so no protein, Vitamin supplements, etc till then.

I did Tomato Soup made with Water today, no problems there--- I just wish i had some energy and could chew something...

This is the second time I've seen people not getting enough Protein in. I only know of the Unjury protein powders but they have either the chicken broth or the unflavored that goes into clear liquids.

Hey everybody! I am getting banded on May 27th and I am very excited and nervous. I am wondering how everyone is doing with their initial weight loss on the liquid diet. I see from many other posts that the weight loss after varies from 8 lbs up to 40 lbs...? Just trying to find the average so I don't set myself up to be disappointed. Thanks

My date is tomorrow the 19th!! I can't wait. I am on the pre-op diet and havent eaten in three days. The Protein Shakes actually look really good right now!! Good luck everyone.

Hey everybody! I am getting banded on May 27th and I am very excited and nervous. I am wondering how everyone is doing with their initial weight loss on the liquid diet. I see from many other posts that the weight loss after varies from 8 lbs up to 40 lbs...? Just trying to find the average so I don't set myself up to be disappointed. Thanks

Lose what your doctors advise. I had to lose 26 lbs in 6 weeks for my 10% she set at the initial doctor visit. Tomorrow is my surgery and i will have lost 26 but it obviously took the entire six weeks. Don't beat yourself up and try really hard not to cheat it will only jeopardize your surgery date. Good luck!

My surgery is tomorrow too! Good luck to everyone!

TexSue, Just a shout out to say hi and good luck to a fellow Texan. My band date is the 22nd so we will be neck and neck. I lived in Richland Hills for 3 years. Take care.

:purplebananna: hey all just got my surgery yester day!!! Feels like I did 1000 sit ups today but yesterday was a tough day pretty painful! but I know it will all be worth it!

Congrats! You are now officially BANDED!!!!!

I am glad to hear that you are so up-beat the day after, and feeling better.

'

You mentioned 'painful'. Where was the pain you were experiencing and what did you take for it? Are you in pain today?

I go one week from Thursday and am so afraid of abdominal pain...!

Congratulations, everyone who has been approved for a May date and who has already been banded! We have a May 2009 group formed, and we'd love for you to join us. Please click on this link, and you'll find all sorts of topics related to recent and upcoming surgeries in May! It's a *wonderful* group of people! :purplebananna: Click here: May 09 Bandsters - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum