Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is God real?

Kartman, I like you. This is really Funny! But do it, okay?

Ummm, nope – not this time.

I’ think I’ll stick to the healthcare discussion. Religious discussions are fun, but endless. The last time I got wrapped up in this one I lost a week of my life.

Oh kartman I guess I should apologize for calling you my "buddy" because you might very well not want to be considered my bud. I am sorry.

Do you see how you look down upon me? Calling me a lost cause. Do you really feel that way?

Edited by pattygreen

patty you have elevated yourself to such a high up, superior, holier-than-thou level, I'm sure it would be impossible for me to look down on you.

To answer your question: I have tried to explain on other threads that I do believe that you are too narrow in your thinking and that God is not happy with people who use the Bible against others in the way that you do and that you need to change your thinking from narrow-minded, hell, fire and brimstone condemnation-to-hell thoughts, to focus on love, goodness, sweetness, caring, non-judgemental, big-hearted, steadfast and true thoughts. You know, like me. :tongue2:

patty you have elevated yourself to such a high up, superior, holier-than-thou level, I'm sure it would be impossible for me to look down on you.

To answer your question: I have tried to explain on other threads that I do believe that you are too narrow in your thinking and that God is not happy with people who use the Bible against others in the way that you do and that you need to change your thinking from narrow-minded, hell, fire and brimstone condemnation-to-hell thoughts, to focus on love, goodness, sweetness, caring, non-judgemental, big-hearted, steadfast and true thoughts. You know, like me. :tongue2:

Christians should be all of these things you have mentioned. But there are a LOT of people out there who love are caring, sweet, non-judgemental and bighearted and they are still going to hell whether they like it or not.

Unless you gave accepted Jesus as your savior you will be going to hell. Hell is real, people who want to do works instead of follow the word like to believe hell may not be real, but it is. These people think they will get into heaven by being sweet, this is not true. The only way to come to the Father is through the son. No Christ no heaven. As Christians we should be telling the people the truth about Hell and Heaven and not preaching if your nice you will get into Heaven and not go to Hell. I do agree with you on one point you should not attack other Christians with the bible, but are you sure you are being attacked? Maybe you are misconstruing the words intended to be helpful to you.

Some people do not believe that the only way people will get into heaven is exclusively through the route you have described.

We think we are just as correct in our thinking and believing as you think you are.

Many of us have spent as much time studying, praying and reflecting and more studying of the Bible as those of you who think you have the only true ticket that will allow entrance into God's heaven.

I am sure it is baffling to you to some extent because I am sure that you believe that your reading and studying of the Bible has given you the only real truth and insight for inclusion into the kingdom of God. And I have no doubt that you think those of us who disagree with you are going to hell.

But we do not agree with you and we do not believe as you do and we are just as likely to be right as you are. Furthermore, since we do disagree with your single-minded approach to the Bible, we may from time to time feel sorry for you and try to help you. Because we believe strongly that your way is very wrong and that you will not be judged to be worthy of God's literal presence, upon Jesus' return. We are only trying to help you by having this discussion.

I have told you what I believe. You never explained what you believed only called me narrow minded for believing the way I do. Do you believe in heaven and hell? You obviously believe in God. If you do believe in Heaven and Hell who is going to each of these places? Have you read the original Hebrew and Greek(very few have this ability are you one of them.) If you are trying to "help" me please tell me how God has inspired you to tell me the Bible, his word is wrong. I will listen. I am not narrow minded, I believe everyone has the right to their opinion. But if you do not tell me your opinion how can I access that I am so wrong? Please enlighten me. And please elaborate on how I who am also a loving, caring sweet person who does believe in the Lord. Who volunteers to help the elderly, sick, and homeless is not going to be worthy of God's literal presence as you say. Just b/c I believe you have to accept Christ into your heart like the bible says? How does that make sense? Are you Mormon or Jehovah Witness, or is there another group I do not know about? I am not ignorant to the doctrines of this world please don't act like I would be "baffled" to know someone believes differently than me about the bible. Please just answer my questions about what you believe so I can know if I am wrong. I will give your thoughts a shot, I have no problem with that.

Edited by aimeenichole

There are already enough christians in the world who are speaking of the wonderful, merciful love of God. There are not many who dare to tell the truth about his judgement on mankind. Noone likes to talk about that. It brings Satan much happiness, for the less said about it the better, as far as he's concerned.

What if God is real but has nothing to do with the bible?

The ancient Sumerian writings that have been translated are kind of like the fuller version of Genesis. In there the word used is Immortal which somehow has morphed into God= "deity".

So what if the "gods" of the old testament were just guys?

Would people still have the ability to believe in a Supreme Being if they somehow found out that the bible wasn't about it/him/her?

What if God is real but has nothing to do with the bible?

The ancient Sumerian writings that have been translated are kind of like the fuller version of Genesis. In there the word used is Immortal which somehow has morphed into God= "deity".

So what if the "gods" of the old testament were just guys?

Would people still have the ability to believe in a Supreme Being if they somehow found out that the bible wasn't about it/him/her?

Yes. Even without the bible mankind is without excuse, for they can look around at his extraordinary creation and KNOW that their was a maker of all of this.

I don't understand, without excuse for what?

Are you asking if people would still be able to believe in a supreme being if they found out the bible wasn't about a supreme being?

I guess I didn't fully understand your question before I answered it? Sorry.

I was answering what I thought you asked.... "Can people still believe in God without the bible?"