Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Hi there, Would like to join up with April Bandsters!! My band date is April 16th. Am on Pre-op diet now, 2 Protein Shakes a day, and 2 small meals, 6 oz of lean meat and green veggies, and 1 cups of fruit a day. I live in the Dallas, texas area.

3 more days until "B-day"

I'm a tad scared - which is uncharacteristic of me.

Had my pre-ops at the hospital and surgeon's office yesterday.

It was a bit too-real

Although the surgical practice I'm with is "cutting-edge" and has a gastric surgical team embedded in the hospital -

it's a rather small hospital.

We have 3 large hospitals nearby and this one is about an hour away.

I'm also having my hiatal hernia repaired during the surgery.

The CRAP mask is finally by my bed but I've yet to use it.

Even though my setting of "4" is the lowest - I still HAVE to bring it because of some insurance and hospital liability mandate. :thumbup:

I'll comply - but the thing will return to the "land of forgotten gizmos, gadgets and geegaws" when I get home on Tuesday!

Gotta buy some chewable vitamins and bedroom slippers today!

Hi PharmaGirl - Hope Lisa is doing well.

Good luck to everyone who is to be banded this week - Its getting so close for me. Hope you are all recovering well.

Lou

Hi PharmaGirl - Hope Lisa is doing well.

Good luck to everyone who is to be banded this week - Its getting so close for me. Hope you are all recovering well.

Lou

good morning everyone! I am banded finally! I am doing well today I got banded April 9,2009 at 7 am got released at 11:30 am went shopping at sams club then to the library then to pick up my pain meds. Im not in too much pain mostly its really uncomfortable a little gas pain tho.

Bonnie

Wow, Bonnie - that is amazing. It's so interesting how different everyone is, and the length of time that doctors require a patient to stay. Mine requires a one-night stayover, just to keep a watch.

Several years ago, I had a laporoscopic surgery to remove ovarian cysts, and I had surgery at 7:30, woke up at 9:30, was home by 11:30 and washing clothes! Over the next 3 days, I was mostly just tired, but don't remember any complications. I had surgery on Thursday and was back to work on Monday. I hope it all goes that well this time....

TA DA!!! My prayers were answered. He was able to band me. Got to the Hospital at 9am. Surgery was supposed to be at 10:30. Went into OR at 11:05 and woke up in recovery at 1:55.

Surgeon said it was a challenge. Got home at 2:30. Then, sleep, sip, pain med & walk. Sleep, sip, pain med & walk. No shoulder pain or gas just port pain.

Hope all went well for my day mates.

Jersey, glad you were able to get banded!

How are all of the bunnies this morning? I am off of all pain med. Took my patch off too. Last night I experienced some major blurred vision. My eyes were totally dilated even in the light. It was pretty weird. It's better today. Anyone else experience that?

Also, are there any of you who just can't bring yourself to eat? I have NO hunger and only ate part of 3 of my liquid diet packets. I'm suppose to eat 6 of them.

Good Morning All!! DB here, just cking up on everyone! I am so glad hear Jersey was able to get her band!! I ran into some miner setbacks on my way here and there was always the question in the back of your mind "What if I can't get this done", your mind plays some mean tricks on you sometimes! But anyway, I am really happy for you!! WE ARE REALLY ON OUR WAY, AREN"T WE!! And we can really do this!! Hopeful, I am on day 4 post-op, and so far I really don't have any real hunger pains, although I had to take my 4 yr. old g.son to get a haircut yesterday and promised him Mickey D's if he was good, I thought I was going to die!! When he finally finished , I was so glad!! His ckn nuggets smelled soooo good!! He doesn't eat french fries so I tossed them out before I started wondering "What if"!! But other than that, I 'm also finding it hard to get all the liquids down that I'm supposed to! And this is with no restrictions! Just think of how it will be when we do get a fill!! Anyway right now I'm feeling pretty good, I 'm finding that I don't have any shoulder pain until late in the evening and then I go to bed and they really helps a lot!!

Oh, I forgot something! Hopeful' what was the patch for? The Dr. gave me liquid Hydrocodone for pain, is it a pain patch? Also I had no problems with my vision won der what was going on with that? My family got a good laugh the other night, we had some tornadoes coming thru, of course,after I took my pain meds and went to bed,so my hubby got me up and told me I should get ready in case we have to go the storm shelter, I started calling all my kids and told them they should watch out that we had a tornadoe that was going to hit us, but I didn't tell them to come on down, just be careful! What kind of Mother am I ??? Well I really goota go this time !!

promised him Mickey D's if he was good, I thought I was going to die!!

Friday night my SO's bowling night & I usually go with him. Last night I assured him I would be ok alone. When he came home he had a Mickey D bag. The smell of french fries killed me.

Had a rough night. Had the shoulder pain and just couldn't get comfortable with port pain. I forgot oxycodone gives me a killer headache. So I said to myself, just put on your big girl panties and deal with it, cause I'm a Bunny Bandster!!!

How are all of the bunnies this morning? I am off of all pain med. Took my patch off too. Last night I experienced some major blurred vision. My eyes were totally dilated even in the light. It was pretty weird. It's better today. Anyone else experience that?

Also, are there any of you who just can't bring yourself to eat? I have NO hunger and only ate part of 3 of my liquid diet packets. I'm suppose to eat 6 of them.

Congrats on having surgery and keep on with the great recovery! I can only hope that I will lose the desire to eat, because I'll eat even when I'm NOT hungry!

As for your dilated eyes. When you have a pain patch, it is always important to wash your hands very carefully after removal. In the hospital, we always use gloves. Those Patches are made to permeate the skin. I was on a cruise with some fellow nurses one time. One of them was horribly sea sick. She used a patch behind her ear, then took it off and rubbed her eyes (we figured this out later). For at least one day, she walked around with one eye horribly dilated and the other pinpointed. We laughed after we figured it out, but before that, we were all doing neuro checks (to see if she was having a stroke!) every 15 minutes! If the dilation and blurry vision doesn't improve, please be sure to phone your medical provider immediately.

Take care!

Edited by KMCD
typo of course!

TA DA!!! My prayers were answered. He was able to band me. Got to the Hospital at 9am. Surgery was supposed to be at 10:30. Went into OR at 11:05 and woke up in recovery at 1:55.

Surgeon said it was a challenge. Got home at 2:30. Then, sleep, sip, pain med & walk. Sleep, sip, pain med & walk. No shoulder pain or gas just port pain.

Hope all went well for my day mates.

Yeah!!! COngratuations, so glad it all worked out for you - I can imagine the stress that was causing you. Be well.

Hi HOpeful - I am not at all hungry either, no desire to eat anything. Now and then I get a grumbly in my stomach and eat but that's eat. I have actually gained a pound but I think it's just Water?

i'm so glad to hear how well everyone is doing. i'm starting to just feel so READY to be good and banded! i go in for surgery tuesday. i have to be there at 10, surgery should start at 1130. i'm not staying overnight. i should be able to be home by 4. my parents are arriving from colorado that night and are taking me to a fancy hotel to rest w/them for the rest of the week. (they spoil me). good luck to everyone who's being banded monday!!

jess