Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

We need to take a :) and realise that this month is for healing, and the results won't start to happen till after first fill and when you can start exercising and getting the benefit of the band from eating solids etc.

Just relax - this will happen!! xx

Thank you so much for bringing me back in touch with reality. It's just so new and the possibilities are so inviting.

i have a problem guys ..okay every time i get my period or maybe a week before i gain a little weight ok thats not the problem i started my liq-diet at 315 went all they way down to 302 and my period comes on my band date now i am 308...im so upset i could just cry

Hannah- do not worry about that weight gain. It's all Water weight and just one of the joys (NOT) of being a female. I know it's quite frustrating and disappointing to see a gain. But think of how exciting it will be to see a bigger loss in few days. I'm not trying to down play your feelings/concerns but mearly trying to find the silver lining.

hello my fellow bunny bandsters... i'm freaking out!

my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. on the 9th, i received a call from a representative at my insurance company congratulating me and letting me know that the company provides a case manager for all members having bariatric surgery...to keep in touch with after surgery and make sure all is well, etc. i answered her questions, and she let me know that she'd be in touch either the day of or the day after my surgery.

then, today, i received a call from my surgeon's office confirming my surgery date and time. i also received a call from the surgery center where i'll be having the surgery confirming the time and giving me the pre-op instructions (what to bring, what to wear, etc.).

THEN! come home to three letters from my insurance company--all dated the 8th. one states that my application to cover the lap-band is denied, one saying that my application to cover 1 day(s) surgery is denied, and one saying that my application to cover 1 day(s) surgery is approved.

i'm so confused and so worried that this is now not going to happen. i have aetna and cannot speak to a service rep until tomorrow morning... any advice? any similar stories out there?

Good Morning, Jukebox!! Here is my ins. horror story! I get a phone call from my Dr. in Feb. telling me I was approved and then I got a letter saying the same thing and that I had until Aug.09 to have the surgery, so I thought everything was good. I start going to all my pre-tests, lab work, ekg, x-rays, breath tests( which I failed) and that meant going under and having a scope put down into my stomach, looking for ulcers, and then I get a letter from my ins. saying they would not cover the lab work, $200.00. So I call the ins. to find out what is going on and I get a lady that sounds like a robot, and all she does is read to me what the letter says, like I couldn't read, not 1 time but 2 times! Well needless to say, we weren't on good speaking terms when I hung up! Then I find out the Dr. has to have all my deductible plus his share of the money up front, there goes $600.00 and it has to be a money order or cashiers ck.!! Then I get a letter from the hospital saying they have to have their share before I can have the surgery! I go with all my paper work showing that I had already pd. my ded. to the Dr. so I shouldn't have to pay my ded. again! WRONG!! Not only do I have to pay my ded. 2 times but in my ins. when I'm out of pocket $1000.00, I don't have to pay anything so everything is falling on deaf ears, I have to pay the hosp. $1347.00!!!! They tell me that if I have pd. to much that I will get a refund, sure I will!! I give them the $$ and tell them I want an itemized statement on everything that is done to me while I'm in there!! And I'm not thru with them, I plan on writing a letter to the Administrator and tell him just how I was treated! But all in all, I've had to pay nearly $2000.00, and all I should have pd. was $1350.00 and then everything is pd. 100%. Whew, I sure feel better getting all that off my chest!! Sorry so I wrote so much!!

I just feel like they won't give me the surgery cause of the weight gain

I would be very surprised if they didn't understand your gain. Just be super good about getting lots of fluids in today. Hopefully your many trips to the bathroom will lessen that gain :). I'm thinking positive for you Hannah!

Long time no post for me. I am so happy to report that I was banded on 04/03 and all is going well. :hurray:

The surgery was fine and I went home the same day. There was some nausea, but it went away if I layed down and I didn't even have to take the nause meds when I went home.

There was only a bit of pain associated with the port site. I was taking my pain meds for 3-4 days (mostly to help sleep) and then I was done. I was able to drive and my doctor was so happy to see me 1 week post op and I was doing GREAT.

Mainly my only issues are sleeping (still) because twisting hurts and wakes me up, but I am learning to sleep until the port heals completely.

I also had hernia repair during the surgery, which I have had no problems with. I am so happy not to have the daily pain where my hernia was. :sad:

I was given the clearance at my 1 wk post op to have pureed food. I have been eating egg salad (happy easter) and many of my favorite Soups.

I went back to work yesterday and did okay for the morning, but by the afternoon I was so tired I had to leave at about 2pm to go home to take a nap. :)

My doc says she isn't going to fill the band for six weeks to make sure I heal right and informed me that I will be hungry, but it will be okay. :) I CAN DO THIS!

Reading everyone's posts has been so encouraging and it doesn't seem real that that band is there. I can't wait to see more results. I was on a two week protien shake diet before my surgery and now at 1.5 weeks post op I am down about 20 pounds. It is so amazing.... Thanks to all of you for being supportive!

~T

Hello all! I am on my preop diet (day 4) and have not lost ANY WEIGHT. I have followed instruction perfectly but no results. How long was it before any of you saw a decrease in weight. I have an 800 calorie diet. 2-3 Protein Shakes and 2 small meals per day. I have stayed in my limits. What is up???

Hello all! I am on my preop diet (day 4) and have not lost ANY WEIGHT. I have followed instruction perfectly but no results. How long was it before any of you saw a decrease in weight. I have an 800 calorie diet. 2-3 Protein Shakes and 2 small meals per day. I have stayed in my limits. What is up???

I only lost .6 pounds the first week a bit more the second week. Don't get discouraged it will eventually work out.

2morrow is my surgery and i cant sleep

sleeping that night before is difficult, we got to bed a bit late and had to be up about 3am. Good luck tomorrow hannahj and to everyone else.

Hi There i am getting my BAND on the 28th of April so i guess im a bunnie bandster to YAY,i am scared and excited to finally take control of my body.This is a wonderful place to come for support dont you just love modern technology. Atomic x x x:smile: