Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Hey all! This morning at about 9am I was banded!! It went really well and I was home by lunch time. Talk about in and out! I'm still really tired from the anethesia but waking up a bit more now and the pain is only minimal. I'm sure I'm still on some pain meds though so we'll see how I am tomorrow. A bit of gas pain and soreness around the port incision. I only have 4 incisions though and no staples or stitches. They're closed with glue! I don't think they're going to scar much at all!

I'll take pics of the scars and all that tomorrow when I'm a bit more with it. Hope all the reast of you are doing great!!

Before time gets away from me, I want to send best wishes for a great day tommorow to

Pdburch, jaytee562 and sdeale0928.

Hope all goes well for "everyone".

Before time gets away from me, I want to send best wishes for a great day tommorow to

Pdburch, jaytee562 and sdeale0928.

Hope all goes well for "everyone".

Wait someone is missing from this list aren't there 4 of us tomorrow......:)

Oh it's Jerseygirl good luck Good Friday Banders I hope everyone sleeps well and tonight and surgery goes well.

I got my crap mask so I'll be legal tomorrow just realized that the stuff I was to drink to clean things out was red and I'm not suppose to have red or grape colored food...oops

Here's the latest updated list. Please note that this is the last list I will post in this thread. From now, I'll only maintain a single up-to-date list. You can find it HERE.

Sorry it's taken a couple of days to get around to updating the list. Have been busy with work and then my partner, Lisa (NYLady), had her lap band surgery yesterday. She was not feeling too crash hot immediately after the surgery but she has come good today. She's walking around a lot and has almost got rid of all the gas and she's having no problems with liquids.< /p>

Please let me know: if there are any errors, if there are any changes in dates, anyone missing from the list.

Also, once you've had your surgery, please check in with us so we know you're ok.

Cheers and Happy Easter to all!

Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER, spirnat31, Swisskaese, Danielle07, Spinner115, misamae, Battjr, bignik, step587, soquili

Thu April 2 = smilan, lingling, healthyme2, kerrischafer1, Poodia, lml32927, jonnycotes, russ3

Fri April 3 = super_chili, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, TxMomof4, lich3853, mookp

Sat April 4 = GoddessNar, lawandad

Mon April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90, Mona40, Crimson Tide, scottyjay, silverstar79, JohnB3465, doodlebug11, cajunmomma

Tue April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina, Healthydiva50, susanthomas-pate, opalfire9, Kitten123, jbhinla

Wed April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B, BTHIN09, rdoty, HelloSkinny, GitsMardi, MIMA1980, Lapbanded_Paladin, erinshel, DM Chef

Thu April 9 = txsandy, NYlady, murphy5, gamassagegirl, hopeful60, nurseinem, JWL08, cowboyswife, CelticAngel, LivinWithFaith/KY, BethT1027, mi_illusion_st, LINDAPIERRE@ATT.NET, restintx, JoyceEggerth

Fri April 10 = pdburch, JayTee562, jerseygirl518, sdeale0928, vagwada, firefly71, tbryant1216, Kimber7

Sun April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Mon April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne, babydoll1, 2Legit2Quit, tawandabee, hairnv, memzie, Jeansthings, aris, Taina009, IsabellaP84, pottergirl, swrktp

Tue April 14 = Suzdavis, victoria_057, poconomom, carbgrl, tiffalicious81, valjay, trishb13, moonbeam, auntbrat, jukebox81782

Wed April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, mec267's wife, kimba74, DottieDoo, vcatalina1, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

Thu April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia, Allformyson, Abbie-pie, BeefromCalie, contemplating, Sweet68, Stephanie1972, WishUponABand, LDL, loser09, delacruz64, JUSTTIRED, smiley78, myturn2bhappy, Tammy Webb, Jamie05

Fri April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina, terelbel, Carrie_W, Ingrien, Rangergirl, hope4j, WendyII, ISITWORTHIT, pitterpat79

Mon April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie, Carolnpx, 31andnew, txskoolnurse, phlphan

Tue April 21 = ThinWithin, bellatrickz, Mand, tcbgirl, california29

Wed April 22 = early, KikstersRT, Babygirl_68, April09Bandster, birdbrainzz, mec267, Lisacacb5, , Band_Groupie, dminson, Jackiepurs31, trobison, Bobbie72, funnychik, ladyjp

Thu April 23 = PharmaGirl, Gavroche2004, Goal150, a-newme

Fri April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson, KMCD, jodimyers, Luckynjun, SHSUSioux, MiMi Teapot, AngieB2009

Mon April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell, smiletracy, asaylor2009, VADarlene, mlat1822@live.com, ALuv82, tulsarealtorgb

Tue April 28 = rcher, MSan914, chiffani, mccall, Jimbo_WV

Wed April 29 = travelgrl, help1977

Thu April 30 = kath17268, stephyv

April hopefuls = Kellster, daqui26, mandilou, mscarly, mommyofone

Honorary Bunny Bandsters: WannaBe1/2TheWoman,

Edited by PharmaGirl

I guess I will be on the updates. I'm having my surgery on April 15. My last dinner of real food will be Easter dinner. Monday morning I start the liquid diet. I am soooo excited. Is there anyone who rides motorcycles? I just strted and was wondering how long I will not be able to ride. Anyone have the answer for that?

Edited by vcatalina1
update ticker

Murphy here,

I had the surgery today.Operation started at 8, :05 and Doctor was finished at 8:45. My oxygen levels wouldn'r stay above 88 so I had to stay a little longer.The nurse gave me ice to chew and I thought the ice ws better than the best Steak anywhere:=). I have no gas and only a littles shoulder pain. if I get up and move around it goes away. Will I get the gas later on? What liquids are safe.i tried some V8 Splash but vomited it back up.Would broth be okay?

I was home today by 2:30.The only sorenesS have is right where the incisions are.

Thanks in advance for your responses. Murphy

Good Morning, Murphy, I had my surgery Monday and I stayed all night in the hospital just because it was so late when I woke up from recovery. I didn't have any problems with the gas until Thursday. It was all in my left shoulder and so far this morning, it seems to be better, I am going to try to move around more today so that will help! My Dr. put me on Clear Liquids for 2 days after, beef, chicken, vegetable broth, s/f Jello, any kind of liquid that you can see thru. Then on day 3, I went on full liquids, cream Soups, coffee, cream of wheat(YUCH), s/f puddings, and your Protein Drinks. I have to stay on this diet for 2 wks. Oh and you can still eat the things on the clear liquid diet. But he said nothing spicy, cause you need to give your stomach time to heal, and the V-8 is probably to much right now! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'll try to help all I can and if I can't help you then someone in here will be able to help you.:thumbup:

good morning everyone! I am banded finally! I am doing well today I got banded April 9,2009 at 7 am got released at 11:30 am went shopping at sams club then to the library then to pick up my pain meds. Im not in too much pain mostly its really uncomfortable a little gas pain tho.

Bonnie

Originally Posted by murphy5 viewpost.gif

Murphy here,

I had the surgery today.Operation started at 8, :05 and Doctor was finished at 8:45. My oxygen levels wouldn'r stay above 88 so I had to stay a little longer.The nurse gave me ice to chew and I thought the ice ws better than the best Steak anywhere:=). I have no gas and only a littles shoulder pain. if I get up and move around it goes away. Will I get the gas later on? What liquids are safe.i tried some V8 Splash but vomited it back up.Would broth be okay?

I was home today by 2:30.The only sorenesS have is right where the incisions are.

Thanks in advance for your responses. Murphy

Murphy - how much V8 did you take in one mouthful?

Remember that even though you have no restriction at the moment and liquid will go through easily that if you have a big chug on it then its like turning a tap on too fast for a sink and the sink will overflow. You should be aiming to sip 1 cup of liquid over 10-20 minutes nice and slow. I wouldn't have any issues with the consistency of V8 juice though - anything that will go up a straw is fine!

Welcome all new bunnies! This is a great supportive group here!

I forgot to mention in my post this morning that I haven't been this weight since before I got pg with my first baby! And that was after being on Weight Watchers for a month. So exciting!

Hi, i was just banded on the 9th. I hope all of you that have just gotten the band are doing well, and to the people that are coming up, good luck.

i have some pain. mostly feels like pulled muscles. but not to bad. i got to come home the same day i had my surgery, so that was nice. but i just slept mostly. now today i am feeling a little better.

i am just hoping that by monday the 13th i am back to normal, cuz i have to return back to work, so that scares me some.

Hey All!!! I'm two days post op. I can't believe I finally have my band! The surgery went really well. I was at the hospital at 5:30 am and they were rolling me into the operating room by 7:15...right on time. I chit-chatted with the crew in there... then took a couple deep breaths and woke up in recovery. Just woke up with a little "burning" pain, then I was hooked up to a pain pump... that was heaven! Then no more pain! I was dismissed yesterday afternoon and am staying at my Mom's for a few days. Planning to go back to work next Wednesday. Now it's time for me to implament all the things I've been learing over the past several months. I'm doing it! I'm really sore but almost no pain at this point. I'm excited and on my way!!!! Ready to be hearing from you all too! This is a great journey!

Well dang....I'm excited!!! They weighed me on my post op on this tuesday the 7th at 297...started my dieting on the 8th...and as of today I am weighing 289!!! three days and 8 pounds!!! Good Golly Miss Molly I hope it comes off like that after surgery!!! haha!!!

i'm in bandland as of yesterday. wow what a day. in at seven out by eleven but hubby had to do little work so didnt get home till 4. i was tired. i have been running a low grade fever. but have been walking around house and outside. sipping on juice and shake. i slept in a recliner...tried the bed and it was so uncomfortable. today is much better, pains not as bad.

gook luck and prayers to the next groups of bunnies!