Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Hi, everyone,

First of all, good luck to all you bunnies who are scheduled tomorrow for your surgery! I will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way!

Can you all believe it is APRIL tomorrow!!??:thumbup:

OK, now for the weird thing...I went for my pre op exam today and I about fell off the exam table when the doctor said there is NO PRE OP DIET required!:confused: HUH? I have been anticipating weeks on liquids before the surgery and come to find out, she only requires it in "certain patients, depending on how they carry their weight." For me, she said my weight is pretty evenly distributed and not primarily around the middle of my body, so she just requires no gaining of any more until surgery. And if I want to on my own I can do a diet, but not required. I am still surprised at this. I think I will still do the Protein Shakes in the morning and at noon and try to eat like I have the band already if I can.

Could you guys send me a small sample of what you are eating during a day? Maybe I can sort of copy yours? I just don't wanna have a fatty liver. I know my doc knows best, but I haven't heard of anyone else with NO pre op diet. Are there any of you out there?

thats awesome scooby. And here we thought that I was lucking out by not having to do all liquid...LOL. I actually have read on here where some doctors do not require any pre-op diet. I dont know if the "way we carry our body weight" had any thing to do with my pre-op diet or not. I do not carry my weight around my middle, mine is mostly lower body so I am assuming my liver is not that big ??? But I dont really know of course so that is why I must follow my doctors recommendations :wink:

I've been up & down all night. I go to my medical Dr. this am and have my pre-op at noon. Please send good vibes up at noon. Have an uneasy feeling and pray that all goes well.

Thanks guys for all the helpful adVice...you guys are the best today is day to I feel much better than I did yesterday and its only gonna get easier ...I love all the support I get on here 13 days away and I can't wait kisses

Hannah banana

I feel like this is mission control and each day that passes gets me that much closer to blastoff!

Sissy, how was your after surgery pain when you woke up? I hate to hurt so just wondering what to brace myself for....thanks!

I feel like this is mission control and each day that passes gets me that much closer to blastoff!

Sissy, how was your after surgery pain when you woke up? I hate to hurt so just wondering what to brace myself for....thanks!

I think I am doing fantastic. The discomfort (not pain) is more around the port side and mostly when I go from sitting to standing and rolling over in bed last night. I took pain meds this morning but plan not to take anymore than necessary today.

I have not had any gas pain since yesterday afternoon although my doctor said he would remove as much as possible.

I am drinking liquids today and will try some broth later. I don't feel hungry so why eat. Tomorrow I will start back on the Protein Shakes and other liquids.

I am hoping everyone else gets along as well as I am. If things go well I will probably go back to work Monday. Today I am walking to the post office which is really in my back yard... ha ha ha

Sissy, so glad to hear you are doing well! It's also very encouraging. Good for you for getting up and moving! I'm also excited to hear you're not hungry. That is one of the hardest parts of the this liquid diet. Hope things continue to go smoothly!

BG I agree, I've only spot read this thread but it looks like someone who wanted the band to do all the work. Thanks for all the info post it's really helpful.

Now about me...lol....

No pre-op diet just watch carbs even though it's tuff I envy those of you who have a set pre-op plan. I was going to start cutting meals and adding protien drinks and came down with a allergy attack or sinus something so I'm nervous about not being able to have surgery I got a script today to take till the day before surgery hopefully that will knock this out.

I do however have a 2 day cleans diet...yeah one of the rules is no red or "grape" colored liquids...another is no dairy (the thought of making protien drinks with Water UGH)

broth has protien but not much...guess I'll mix vanilla with jello.....

Anyway I ramble sorry...so many thoughts and questions seems like it took forever and now it's here..just 9 days away.

I tried my Protein Drink with milk and didn't like it and switched to water for the remainder of the 2 weeks. To each his own they say.

It is 913pm here in Israel and I just got home from the hospital. The surgery went off without a hitch and I was sitting up in a kind of reclining chair all night. They didn't let me lay down, but this was a good thing because I don't have any gas pain in my shoulder or anywhere else. I am only sore around the port area.

I will have three days of Clear Liquids and then I can start eating mushy food.< /p>

Hope all the April 1sters are doing well and good luck to the rest of the Bunny Bandsters.

I am really looking forward to my new life.

Good to hear from the banded bunnies! Well done! Look forward to hearing more progress updates...

Sissy, Thank you for the update and I am sooo happy to hear how well you are doing! It is very encouraging to know that you are up and walking around and feeling okay. :)

Swiss, good to hear that you are doing well also. I am happy all went smoothly and you are home now.:mellow:

Please continue to keep us posted...And good luck to all of the other Bunnies coming up! May we all do as well as our first two!!:smile2:

Well just wanted to say congrats to everyone that has gotten it done yesturday and today. My date is coming up very soon. IM SO EXCITED. lol will start pre op on the 6th

Well, after a hiccup with whoever read my ekg all is a go for banding on the 7th. The idiot who read the ekg read flagged it so here I was excited about banding then nervous about the ole ticker. When I saw the cardiologist he literally laughed at was on the report. He said my ekg was great and gave me the clearance. Just got back from meeting with the dietician so all is a go. YIPEE

lindasqd51:thumbup:

Well, after a hiccup with whoever read my ekg all is a go for banding on the 7th. The idiot who read the ekg read flagged it so here I was excited about banding then nervous about the ole ticker. When I saw the cardiologist he literally laughed at was on the report. He said my ekg was great and gave me the clearance. Just got back from meeting with the dietician so all is a go. YIPEE

lindasqd51:thumbup:

Yeah...I know how frustrating those hiccups can be even though my EKG looked good and teh Dr. listening to my heart and veins and all he wanted a stress test before he'd clear me. Dang just because I have 2 stints and had blockages before.....lol

Glad your ticker is OK and all systems are go....