Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Good Morning Bunnies! Good luck to all of our gals and guys starting us off tomorrow with surgeries. I can't wait to hear about how it goes. Please keep us posted!

The liquid diet is going really well for me. I'm so excited to be down 11 pounds! See you later 11! :P How is everyone else doing on the liquid diet? I really did get easier. Thanks Lingling for the encouragement!

Good Morning Bunnies! Good luck to all of our gals and guys starting us off tomorrow with surgeries. I can't wait to hear about how it goes. Please keep us posted!

The liquid diet is going really well for me. I'm so excited to be down 11 pounds! See you later 11! :P How is everyone else doing on the liquid diet? It really did get easier. Thanks Lingling for the encouragement! One week to go!

The liquid diet is going really well for me. I'm so excited to be down 11 pounds! See you later 11! :P How is everyone else doing on the liquid diet? It really did get easier. Thanks Lingling for the encouragement! One week to go!

I will be praying for all of us bandsters tomorrow as well as the physicians that will be doing the surgery.

Today is the last day of pre-op and my last real food tonight until around April 13. I hope the next phase is as easy as the pre-op was.

I finally lost a few pounds on the pre-op. It was driving me crazy that I wasn't losing but then again I have never been a patient person either.

Good luck everyone tomorrow and in the month to come.

This is no April Fools joke, the hospital called today and I am having my surgery tomorrow morning!

Yippeeee!

Good luck to all of the April 1st Bandsters; we will succeed!

Today is it people! After today it will be OUR month! The month our new adventure begins and our new lives start. I am so totally excited about having a group of people to share this with. I go on the 7th for my dr appt to discuss pre-op diet and all the day of surgery stuff. Getting there slowly but surely. Good Luck to the first bunnies to be banded!!

I'm a new April bunny! I can't wait. I go to preop appt on April 6 and will be banded the 24th by Dr. Felts in Dallas, TX. I fought insurance for over three years to get this approved and nothing can stop me now!

Quick question. When I tried to add the April Banster sign to my "edit signature" area, it keeps showing up as invalid file...any suggestions. It did the same thing when I tried to add a ticker...

Quick question. When I tried to add the April Banster sign to my "edit signature" area, it keeps showing up as invalid file...any suggestions. It did the same thing when I tried to add a ticker...

Go to page 9, post 128 on this thread and follow the more detailed instructions. If you're still having trouble, let me know! -BG

Band_Groupie...thanks for the help. Signature created.

I am very new to forums and am a little confused on how to keep up with the lastest post I get. Does April Bandsters have a social group I can join? Is there a way to bookmark this forum? Thanks for all of your help. This is making the lapband surgery look easy...hahaha!

Once you post on a thread it will subscribe you and if you click 'user cp' you can see if there are new postings under it or not. You can also chose to get them in your email (settings I believe). You can subscribe to a thread you haven't posted on by going to the beginning post and looking for 'thread tools' at the top and click subscribe.

To subscribe to the April 'O9 Bandsters Forum click HERE then go to the 'Forum Tools' near the top right of the listing and click subscribe. Now it will show up in your user CP, like above. I log into my user CP and use it often to check for new postings/messages. Let me know if you get stuck (I didn't know any of this when I started here either)! -BG

Thanks for all the great info. I'm glad to know I am not alone in feeling like I am learning a whole new environment and how to get around in it (the forum). I have gone back and read this thread from beginning to page 6 so far. I am mezmerized by other people's bravery...for posting pics of themselves, for not fearing surgery, and many other things.

I am glad I found a place that has supportive people I can share my journey with. Plus I am hoping it will help keep me even MORE accountable.

Thanks April Bandsters!

GOOD LUCK, Everyone! Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER, spirnat31

I'm sure you all have jitters of excitement. I know I do and I'm just going in tomorrow to find out my surgery date! Best Wishes to all our April 1st Bunnies! I'm sure you will hop right thru this!! hehe

We're ringing in our best month ever tonight! Good luck everyone who's banding soon!!! We'll be thinking of you!

P.S. Don't forget taking some good chapstick to the hospital (you'll want it when you wake up).

Mommad, you're on the list. Anyone missing or any wrong dates?

Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER, spirnat31

Thu April 2 = smilan, lingling, healthyme2, kerrischafer1, Poodia

Fri April 3 = super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, cajunmomma, TxMomof4

Sat April 4 = doodlebug11, GoddessNar

Mon April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90, Mona40, Crimson Tide, scottyjay

Tue April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina, Healthydiva50, CelticAngel, tcbgirl, susanthomas-pate, opalfire9

Wed April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B

Thu April 9 = txsandy, NYlady, murphy5, gamassagegirl, hopeful60, nurseinem

Fri April 10 = pdburch, JayTee562, jerseygirl518, sdeale0928

Sun April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Mon April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne, babydoll1

Tue April 14 = Suzdavis, victoria_057

Wed April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, jukebox81782, mec267's wife, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

Thu April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia, Allformyson, Abbie-pie, BeefromCalie, contemplating

Fri April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina, terelbel, Carrie_W

Mon April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie

Tue April 21 = ThinWithin, bellatrickz

Wed April 22 = early, KikstersRT, Babygirl_68, April09Bandster, birdbrainzz, mec267, Lisacacb5

Thu April 23 = PharmaGirl

Fri April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson, KMCD, jodimyers, Luckynjun, SHUSHioux

Mon April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell, smiletracy

Tue April 28 = rcher, MSan914

Wed April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = Kellster, Band_Groupie, WannaBe1/2TheWoman, valjay, daqui26, mandilou, BethT1027, Swisskaese

Hi everybody. Please add me to your list. I am scheduled to be banded April 20th in Mexico by Dr Aceves. I am so ready. My dtr was banded by him 1 1/2 years ago and has lost 110 #. She has had absolutely no problems at all. Hope all of us can do as well.

Good luck to every body. Carolnphx

Pharmagirl...you have me as SHUSHioux it is SHSUSioux. Just FYI! Thank you so much for keeping up with us all! I am so ready to have this done and move forward in my life. I feel like I am on slo-mo waiting for surgery day. Like my life has stopped and will resume after. That may sound wierd but it is how I feel. I also suffer from a lot of medical anxiety due to bad past experiences so that may be a contributing factor.

Hi Everyone!

Good luck with all that this month will bring.

I am being banded on 22nd April, so haven't started my pre-op diet. I only have to go on it for a week, and it's a normal food diet, albeit quite low calorie and repetitive. Still, it doesn't sound as bad as some of you are having to endure.

Is anyone else still wrestling with themselves in the middle of the night? I have only told 2 friends about this, and haven't told any family (other than my husband). I am so scared what their reactions will be. So I have a lot of anxiety over keeping it secret for now at least. I am also thinking - am I doing the right thing? Mostly because I am getting scared. Both that something might go wrong, or that this will be a painful, expensive waste of time. Anyone else?

I have to keep telling myself that I really have tried other routes and failed every time. I do want to get the weight off and be healthy for my kids future, as well as my own. And I want to wear nice clothes, and get shoes that fit again. And be able to walk without huffing and puffing. Would love to hear if anyone else is torturing themselves mentally?