Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Hello April Bandsters,

Thanks for posting this thread as I am also scheduled for surgery in April, April 7th to be exact. Can't wait, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. But I must say I am more excited at this point. I'm currently on the 2-week

pre-op liquid fast. It's harder then I thought it would be. But it's so important to me I'm sticking to it!

Rene

Jessica, I'm still totally impressed that you're dieting and working out before even being on the liquid diet!!!!

Thanks, hopeful! Although my sister's visiting from Colorado, and I've been eating bad dinners... :angry:

I have my final consult on the 3rd!!! :smile2:

Welcome to all of new weightloss bunnies!

I have a MAJOR problem! Can anyone help? My parents are going away for spring break and will be gone for Easter. They want to have us over for dinner on Sunday :smile2: What in the world am I going to do?! No one knows about my surgery. I know I could just tell the truth, but my grandparents are going to be there. I am NOT telling them. My grandmother is a former nurse and VERY opinionated about things. All of these people have said something about my weight, but none of them will be for me doing the surgery.

Any ideas on what to do?!

Hopeful, I would tell them you are doing "the lemon detox diet" or some kind of detox or tell them you are sick, that is what I am telling people at work - much easier!! You cannot break the fast though -as you will have to do the first "five days" again and be starving!!! Good luck!

SMILAN!!! BAND TWINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Does anyone know anything about a pin# for ticker access. I don't remember creating a pin and now cannot access my ticker for updates.

I'd be just as happy if someone can tell me how to delete my current ticker, then I'll just create a new one.

Thanks!

I've only ever created a new one, so I don't know about the pin.

To delete your current ticker. If you go to page 9 here, post 128 I give instructions on how to get to your signature (just skip the Easter Text instructions). When you get to the Edit Signature page go down to the middle 'Edit Signature' box. Right click on your ticker and a box will pop up. Left click on 'cut' and you're done. Oh, and don't forget to click the 'Save Signature' button at the bottom to save any changes.

Welcome!

Edited by Band_Groupie

The word "Pin#" confused me also it's the password you used when you created it not necessarily a number.

The word "Pin#" confused me also it's the password you used when you created it not necessarily a number.

Welcome JT...I don't think you're on the April list here yet?

5_1_120.gif Good Morning All !! Well I off to Branson, Ms. with all the ladies from my church, we are having a wk. end with no kids and no hubbies !! I have all my Protein Drinks and bars packed ( I did them 1st !! ) I haven't told any of my church friends so I'm really going to have to watch myself, plus I go see " THA MAN " Tuesday, so I for sure can't mess up!! I just hope where ever we eat, there will be good food choices there !! Well I gotta go get ready, I'll keep you guys informed.

23_50_11.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZUxdm553YYUS

Edited by doodlebug11

I love how our group is growing!

Thank you for all of the advice. I think I might just say I'm not feeling well. I certainly don't want to cheat.

I weighed today and hadn't lost anything. That is so frustrating! Note to self: don't weigh yourself every day when you already feel like you're starving!!! Ha ha ha

I love how our group is growing!

Thank you for all of the advice. I think I might just say I'm not feeling well. I certainly don't want to cheat.

I weighed today and hadn't lost anything. That is so frustrating! Note to self: don't weigh yourself every day when you already feel like you're starving!!! Ha ha ha

I think it'd be really hard to have/host/attend a family dinner near surgery. Heck I typically host thanksgiving and I am taking this year off and that is about 7 months out from surgery.

I wonder if I will ever be strong enough to not weigh every day. I only record it on fridays but every morning after I pee there I stand in all my nekkid glory on the scale hoping it's lower than the day before lol!!

Greeting Fellow April Banders. My surgery is scheduled for April 10th. It's been a long road getting here.

Do I have to do anything special to join your group.

I think it'd be really hard to have/host/attend a family dinner near surgery. Heck I typically host thanksgiving and I am taking this year off and that is about 7 months out from surgery.

I wonder if I will ever be strong enough to not weigh every day. I only record it on fridays but every morning after I pee there I stand in all my nekkid glory on the scale hoping it's lower than the day before lol!!

ha ha ha Me too! In my birthday suit... don't want an extra ounce from any clothes. ha ha ha

I noticed after my shower that my hair is already starting to fall out. Oy! This happened when I (extreme) dieted before my wedding and lost a lot of weight. I know there's something in my book about it.

I wonder if I will ever be strong enough to not weigh every day.

Why? I started the SWA group in the bloggers section of LBT in support of weighing daily...we have a great time at our meetings...crafts, musical scales, graphing your daily weight lectures, join us! (Scale Whores Anonymous...oops, not so anonymous...I guess I just outed myself)

Greeting Fellow April Banders. My surgery is scheduled for April 10th. It's been a long road getting here.

Do I have to do anything special to join your group.

Yes...there's a very secret ritual...put on your blindfold and bunny ears and we'll all join you in that dark room over there.

LOL...your in. Someone will be along to 'put you on the list'.

(sorry, I'm having a good day...WELCOME)

OK, who needs Ticker/Banner help, because SOMEBODY (Thin, is it you? ;-)) forgot to put a return (Enter) between their tickers and I'm WAY too lazy to scroll side to side and I can't see everything you're writing....LOL.

Since I have the biggest house (and the most "gifted" bread maker) - I usually host the holiday dinners.

Everyone knows I'm getting the surgery so this year my mom is hosting Easter dinner.< /p>

She keeps asking me what to serve the family and what to serve me. My surgery is the next day - April 13.

I'm enjoying the "I don't care!" answers I'm able to get away with finally after all these years.

I just say - "It's your house - your dinner - your decision."

I'll bring a clear liquid something-or-other and enjoy the family without the kitchen-duty. :crying: