Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I PB alot, but I am always hungry????

OMG!!! I go thru the same thing, but I KNOW its because I dont chew enough and dont eat slowly, or take small bites. I was banded on Oct 16 2008, lost over 54 lbs since starting all this in July. But, I can eat alot of some stuff, no matter how fast I chew or how big of bites I take. Its very fickle. Honestly, I eat everything, just cant eat a lot of it and I still lose weight. I just recently started walking on a treadmill and lost another 4 lbs in past two weeks. I feel like a normal person eating real food. Are you guys chewing slowly and taking small bites and still PB'ing?? If you are, then maybe band is too tight.

Sometimes it is my fault. I don't think I will ever get used to tiny bites. But sometimes it doesn't matter how much I chew or how little the bites are. My band is DEFINITELY fickle. I don't think my band is too tight because sometimes I can eat anything. I haven't had a fill in 3 months.

If I eat anything besides mashed potatoes, Soup, chips or crackers, I PB. I am tired of not being able to get anything else down. I am scheduled for a fill tomorrow but think I need a slight unfill. I am chewing everything to mush but am pbing/throwing up about once a day. Anyone else think I need an unfill?

If I eat anything besides mashed potatoes, Soup, chips or crackers, I PB. I am tired of not being able to get anything else down. I am scheduled for a fill tomorrow but think I need a slight unfill. I am chewing everything to mush but am pbing/throwing up about once a day. Anyone else think I need an unfill?

Throwing up can cause the band to slip. Aside from that, is this what you signed up for when you got the band? To only be able to eat slider foods? Of course not. You are too tight and need an unfill. I refuse to put up with any pain, reflux or heartburn or any other complication. And I don't care if I lose another ounce. Those who do put up with vomiting, heartburn and reflux to achieve that number on the scale do so at their own peril. Good luck.

I have had the same issues that many of you have reported, getting stuck and requiring a PB for no apparent reason. chicken seems to be a common culprit for me, as are scrambled eggs for some reason. My wife also thinks that it happens more often when we have a family dinner and I am engaged in conversation. Perhaps I am not chewing enough or eating slowly. I hope that is it, because that is something I can learn to manage myself. At the same time, my doctor thinks (and I agree) that I am not restricted enough yet, because I can still eat a good sized meal when I don't get stuck. So I will get another fill next week. I'm also going to try to track what I am eating when I do get stuck to look for more patterns. I think I'll make a general post to ask for feedback on what makes people stuck.

I sympathize with you. Chicken makes me sick and the old softee, scrambled eggs also made me sick for the first time yesterday. Brought some of it up and will wait a few days to try again. It seems alot of us find chicken gets stuck. I mean the dark chicken only. Afraid to try the white meat. I did once though with a chicken fajita and boy was I sick in front of my family. After two bites thought I was going to die. I dont want that feeling again. So its bye,bye to chicken for awhile. I eat alot of chili, ground beef with Manwich sauce, and salads. Its not easy. Any advice?

Update:

I did get an unfill of .5 and it has made a world of difference. I have done pretty good so far knowing where I needed to be and so forth but my band can be trickey. This tool that we have is amazing! You just have to listen to your body. Hope this helps someone else in the same boat.

Update:

I did get an unfill of .5 and it has made a world of difference. I have done pretty good so far knowing where I needed to be and so forth but my band can be trickey. This tool that we have is amazing! You just have to listen to your body. Hope this helps someone else in the same boat.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad your doing better.:cursing:

I was having this problem and you would think you need an unfill, but the opposite is true. With the band a little tighter, the hole for food to get stuck will be smaller and food will have an easier time sitting above the band in your pouch, rather than slipping into the hole and getting stuck. Does that make sense?

I had a fill and now I'm doing great!

Good luck!!!

When I spoke w/ my dr. about pbing or vomiting he told me that if that happens I should switch to a liquid/mushy diet for the rest of the day. Since my last fill, I have been pretty tight and I notice that I can eat better during the day. I usually have a Protein Shake in the morning, yogurt mid-morning, a regular meal at lunch (ex: chicken, veggie, etc.) and then a small, easy to digest meal in the early evening. I never eat past 6 p.m. and this has helped a lot with reflux, heartburn and any pb issues. I have noticed the most difficult thing about being tight again after being unfilled for almost 2 years is that I have to really concentrate on chewing and pay close attention to portion and bite size. I just recently got this fill so I am waiting a week or so to see if it loosens up a bit. I don't like being this tight as I am anxious about slippage and reflux. Hope this helps.

Jenn

pbing a lot is not normal. Every time you pb, things swell up inside and that just makes the problem worse. That is why you should go on liquids and mushies for the next 24 hours.

Scrambled eggs are famous for giving most bansters problems. I don't know why.

It's a very fine line between being too tight and exactly right.

If you're pbing often, you should talk to your doctor. Pbing is exactly what causes the band to slip.

I had all these problems too, and that is why I finally had my band removed and had a revision surgery to a sleeve. With a sleeve, they just make you a tiny stomach and there are no fills or unfills. I got really tired of fills and unfills and trying to find the exact right spot. If you are too tight, you can also

dialate your esophagus because food can't go through the band so it sits in your esophagus. This is very dangerous.

Just try to eat tiny bites. The size of a pencil eraser is what is recommended. Eat slowly, chew well, and if you are still pbing doing this, talk to your doctor.

I was having this problem and you would think you need an unfill, but the opposite is true. With the band a little tighter, the hole for food to get stuck will be smaller and food will have an easier time sitting above the band in your pouch, rather than slipping into the hole and getting stuck. Does that make sense?

I had a fill and now I'm doing great!

Good luck!!!

Hmmm. Not sure that makes sense to me. The food will have to go through at some point so, surely, it will just delay the inevitable PB?

I was banded on 4/16 and had my first 1cc fill last Thursday 5/28. Before my fill, it always felt like whatever I ate was stuck in my throat and I had to burp alot, sometimes bringing up whatever I ate. Now, anything solid gets stuck in my throat/esophagus, and not only do I burp, but there is a production of what I call slime. I'm not sure if this is bile or what. I'm actually thinking of getting an unfil.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

I was banded on 4/16 and had my first 1cc fill last Thursday 5/28. Before my fill, it always felt like whatever I ate was stuck in my throat and I had to burp alot, sometimes bringing up whatever I ate. Now, anything solid gets stuck in my throat/esophagus, and not only do I burp, but there is a production of what I call slime. I'm not sure if this is bile or what. I'm actually thinking of getting an unfil.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

If you were having trouble swallowing before, it's no surprise it's worse after a fill. I'd say you should try an unfill, maybe .5 cc? You can't be satisfied on liquid food only, because it goes through the pouch too fast and leaves you empty.

I'm in the same boat as you... Got fills to the point I felt some restriction to my intake, but was pb'ing 4-5 times/week, while still feeling hungry. Did an unfill of 1 cc, and now I can eat like a horse. On doctor's advice, I eat salads twice/day to fill the pouch, but then get hungry again in an hour or two. Going back this week and will ask for a .5 cc fill, am hopeful it'll be about right. In the meantime have come to realize this is just another diet program, but with a bit of physical help. That's how I see it now anyway.

Pbing is when your food has trouble going down and it stands for productive burp. You keep burbing and spitting up slimy stuff and sometimes throw up what you just ate.

I wish I knew what the "sweet spot" was because its seems that when you are "restricted" that just means that you have trouble eating. If you can't eat food that keeps you full longer then you end up eating more and more often. I just want to feel full and not stuck!! I guess someone told me once that we have to listen to your body when its full, you will know and that the "old" feeling of full is not what we are looking for. I know that sometimes I keep eating because it tastes good and I want that old feeling of fullness.

I am falling into some bad eating habits (snacking alot) because I don't feel full for very long after I eat. I have got to get control of this or I am going to start gaining weight back.

I am in the exact same situation as you and am finding it SO frustrating. I sit down to eat a meal and get only get in 4 bites because of the restriction but 45 minutes later, I'm hungry again

I sympathize with you. chicken makes me sick and the old softee, scrambled eggs also made me sick for the first time yesterday. Brought some of it up and will wait a few days to try again. It seems alot of us find chicken gets stuck. I mean the dark chicken only. Afraid to try the white meat. I did once though with a chicken fajita and boy was I sick in front of my family. After two bites thought I was going to die. I dont want that feeling again. So its bye,bye to chicken for awhile. I eat alot of chili, ground beef with Manwich sauce, and salads. Its not easy. Any advice?

I find that if I eat chicken in a salad - it goes down better. Or with cooked vegetables - I just try to make sure that I don't put a piece of chicken in my mouth by itself. The lettuce seems to help me get it down. I can't eat alot of it but it won't get stuck.

This is similar to what I am experiencing. I was banded end of 2006, lost 120 then got pregnant in early 2008. Nothing has been the same since then. I think I learned how to subconsciously eat around the band and then BOOM I am "shocked" to realize I am stuck and pb. My husband is concerned I am bulimic but I don't do it on purpose- it really is subconscious up until I am stuck. I zone out when eating to be honest. Its just my old disordered overeating manifesting in a new way bc I have a band now.

I have gained lots of weight back and am on meds and weight watchers and have lost ten pounds in 6 weeks but it is a huge struyggle every meal.

I feel so guilty about all this. I feel I have let myself down and realize I may have to get the band removed and it will be my own fault. I am just always craving that preband full feeling and of course- it never comes. I PB my main meal every day and eat lightly the other meals- Cereal or other things I know will get me closest to that full feeling.

I want to change but don't know how!!!