Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI everybody!

Bandgroupie, thansk for all the info on the difference in the bands. I asked my doctor and she told me she has had so much success with the lapband brand that she is more comfotable with it, but that the realize band is good too. I just told her that I will go with what she is most comfy with.

Jen, thanks for telling me about your preop visit. Mine is on the 31st so I am hoping for a similar diet as yours and not complete liquids, but I'm not sure what to expect. I am just really excited about getting this underway. I still cannot believe it is happening!:lol: How is your preop diet going? Have you been hungry yet?

Mommad, I was surprised to hear that you haven't met your doctor yet...but as you say, it is a bit different in Canada. It sounds like things have moved pretty fast for you. If you are uncomfortable, maybe you can call the office and tell them it would make you feel better to meet the doc first.

Elayne, I had to laugh when I read your post about baking bread and sort of saying goodbye to favorite foods...I have been doing the same thing. I know the preop diet is coming and I need to be good...but I find myself saying goodbye to certain things, knowing I will not be eating them again with the band, especially bread.

Sissy, Thanks for listing the dates of everyone's surgery. That is so cool to see in print!

I haven't told anybody I am getting the band, except my husband and my daughters who are 17 and 19. They are all pretty supportive, though my hubby (who has never had a weight problem) still wonders why I can't just do it with diet and exercise. He is coming around more and more, thank goodness. Either way, I am so happy to get this done and start living my life without weight being such a focal point in my life.

Sorry for the novel. I am just so glad to "meet" all of you and have people to share all this with who are going through the same thing! :sneaky:

Heyy this is Crazy my surgery date is the 15th...and my pre op vist is March 31 :thumbup::lol:

hello everyone

I am new to this forum and this site. i have a surgery date set for April 7th. I am also on day 2 of the liquid diet..not enjoying it at all, so i thought I come on say hi and get some support..people are starting to look like turkeys and burgers to me..LOL

Well everything "good to go" now, only waiting for BC approval! Surgery date set for 4/28. Welcome to all the new posters.

Waiting on insurance approval but I'm scheduled for 4/24 in the meantime!

i'm getting banded on April 20th. I am so excited and ready to start my new life.

Hey all I am soooo very excited I just received my approval from my bank on my loan (I am a self payer) My scheduled day for surgery is April 20 whoohooo. So Auddie you and me we will start together.

Thats Awesome rannah12 we have to keep each other posted lol. Specially through the tough times.

I will be going in on March 27th for pre-op and my date is April 10th (Good Friday). I am too excited and calm because I feel this is best for me. I am paying out of pocket because my insurance says I do not have anything wrong with me but obesity. :thumbup:

I will be going in on March 27th for pre-op and my date is April 10th (Good Friday). I am too excited and calm because I feel this is best for me. I am paying out of pocket because my insurance says I do not have anything wrong with me but obesity. :thumbup:

Congrats!

I don't know about you, but last time I checked, "obesity" is a health issue! Your insurance needs a dictionary :thumbup:

:)

My surgery date is April 17th- I can't WAIT. I'm doing good on my pre-op diet, it was tough at first, now that the headaches are gone, I am confident I can keep up with it for the next 3.5 weeks.

Yea i have to pay for it out of my pocket too becasue in Canada no insurance covers it and where im from they say it's still to experimental and they wouldn't help me out at all and told me that i could try going to the gym...lol. Like DUH u don't think i have....

Sorry to respond so late...I am guessing you didnt meet with him because you are a very low-risk patient given you weight. Just a guess. Good Luck, Cali

So hows everyone doing