Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it too late to vote against the bunny thing? *L*

Well we never really had an official vote. It was tossed out there if anyone had any ideas and I think the only 2 we got were shamrockers and bunny bandsters. Some of us decieded that shamrockers was cool but we were not being banded in March and it did not fit so well, And then we just took the bunny bandsters and ran with it. :)

I start my pre-op all liquid diet April 30 - 2 weeks before my April 13 surgery.

:lunch:

Is anyone else required to do this?

I have no problem with it - I'm just trying to prepare for it by making up a shopping list.

I certainly DON'T want to go to a grocery store and all its lovely sights and aromas after the diet starts.

I prefer to follow an all-natural plan and make most of the concoctions myself - although pureed salmon doesn't sound appealing.

But I guess when hunger happens - weird things start to taste good.

I went for my consult yesterday and saw the dietician. I need to choose between the realize band and the lap band. Are your doctors giving you a choice?

My pre-op is fairly easy, 2 Protein shakes, a ww meal, a couple Snacks. I can live with it except I can't find some of the foods required like sugar free popsicles, sugar free yogurt, and the meals in the calorie/carb content they suggest.

I did however, get my chewable Vitamins this morning and a new pair of pj's for the surgery day but might not wear them. Kind of funky to be going to the hospital in pjs, I think.

How is everyone else doing?

Sherry

Hello Bunnies, I just wanted to update that I am all done with pre-ops and that I start my liquid 2 week diet tomorrow morning. I am excited yet scared of the temptations that lie ahead. My husband and kids said that they will do the cooking but we will see 2 weeks is long for them too. lol best wishes to the other bunnies..

Hello Bunnies, I just wanted to update that I am all done with pre-ops and that I start my liquid 2 week diet tomorrow morning. I am excited yet scared of the temptations that lie ahead. My husband and kids said that they will do the cooking but we will see 2 weeks is long for them too. lol best wishes to the other bunnies..

Which band are you going with, realize or lapband?

add me to the bunny list! i got *the* call this morning with a tentative date of 4/21 I am so eager to get this ball going. i have been looking into this for YEARS and simply could not self pay. My insurance finally got on board and here we are! woohoo glad to see people in the same boat and getting ready to start the same journey. :0)

Hey all you bunny bansters. I took our dates and put them in one place. Here you go!!:w00t:

April 1 = mulderfamily4, sissyh1006, hhjazzy001, beth1027

April 6 = swishbc

April 7 = hopeful414411, mobetter, trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg265

April 9 = txsandy

April 13 l= lachadanon, elayne

April 15 = hannahj914, (my office mate not sure if she is on here yet)

April 16 = jenfs5, scoobydo

April 17 = lapbandgirl2009

April 21 = thinwithin

April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn

April 28 = rcher

April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = smilan, ellster

Lets keep in touch as we go through this together.:lunch:

the lapband. how about you. I am just jumping out of my shoes with excitement. I can not wait for this journey to begin.

I am a Libra, I can't decide, the scales are weighing equally..

i am so happy for all you guys.

i am hoping to be banded in april also. testing everything done, just waiting for approval.

it has been a long 8 months, since i started this journey.

just keep your fingers crossed i get approved!

thanks,

again good luck:thumbup:

I am a Libra, I can't decide, the scales are weighing equally..

My doctor asked me if i had a preference and i said that i thought her judgement would be best. she did indicate the lapband is her 1st choice although both are excellent. she just like the results of the way the port adheres on the lapband. She does have patients that come in and say this "-----" is the one i want so she has no problem with either one.

Just got off the phone with my doctors office and after a year of red tape and insurance hassles they said that I will be scheduled to have surgery in the next 2-3wks. YEAH! Looks like I will be an April Bandster also. I am so excited I can hardly sit still!

I like the bunny idea! :lunch:

Just got off the phone with my doctors office and after a year of red tape and insurance hassles they said that I will be scheduled to have surgery in the next 2-3wks. YEAH! Looks like I will be an April Bandster also. I am so excited I can hardly sit still!

I like the bunny idea! :lunch:

Let us know when you get your date. It has been a long year for you and I know you are anxious to get started.

Sherry