Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

Maybe we see the more spending because back alley cronie deals aren't as prevelant and he is telling us what he is doing with our money and what he expects? just a thought

But...what about the back alley deals the Obama administration cut with big pharma to support the healthcare bill? Or the deal cut with lobbies, like the AMA? Same ol same ol.

The only way you are supporting the tea douche movement is if you somehow subscribe to the leaders original racist, agenda. Before someone says, "that is not why I joined" Take a look at your leader. That is why he started it. Racism pure and simple. Which is okay by me. But don't pretend you have a problem with spending, and yet somehow don't understand signs like these. I for one would never be caught supporting such an organization. Since people just jumped on the band wagon of the douche, because they mention amoung other things "take our country back", do they really know what the founders real agenda was?

You like to use the word "douche" don't you?

Obama is spending and increasing the deficit to get us out of the mess bush left. Unfortunately it is necessary spending.

Reagan ran up the deficit to the highest it had been up to that point. (Same as Obama) So did bush (same as Obama) Both did it with tax cuts to the rich. bush added an unnecessary war.

BUT, AND THIS IS A BIG BUT.. deficit spending didn't matter during those two white, republican presidents, but suddenly it matters with a black, democratic president.

The difference is that the deficit spending under Reagan went to strengthening the military. Obama's deficit spending is going towards increasing the government stranglehold. I will split the point on Bush. He spent on the military, but at the end of his term, set TARP in motion.

It is the teabaggers, et al, who are hiding behind this phoney rhetoric of "disapproval of spending/deficit". They think if they make it about the agenda rather than the man that they can cover up their hatred for Obama who they never voted for and didn't want as president before he was even elected. And the sign by this organizer says it all. He made the sign before Obama spent any money (Feb. 09) So how could it be about spending/deficits???

There will always be nutbags at every rally. What about all those "Bush = Hitler" and "Kill Bush" signs? I'm not simple-minded enough to believe that every liberal that disagreed with Bush thought he was the reincarnation of Hitler, or wanted to kill him.

These idiots joined a group and had no idea their leader was going around with this kind of crap on a board. I call bullshit

Like President Obama joining Reverand Wright's church?

"You like to use the word "douche" don't you?"

Call it like I see it.

"Like President Obama joining Reverand Wright's church?"

I knew about my guy's church. Actually having met Obama and the Pastor. Your point is what?

Plain:The difference is that the deficit spending under Reagan went to strengthening the military. Obama's deficit spending is going towards increasing the government stranglehold. I will split the point on Bush. He spent on the military, but at the end of his term, set TARP in motion.

You forgot Reagan's tax cut for the rich when he lowered the tax rate on the upper income from 70% to 28% (read that again to let it sink in). So where do you think that lost revenue had to be made up? From the middle class in lost wages/earning power and increased unemployment since Reagan convinced corporate america that they could make more money by getting more work out of fewer workers.

Plain:There will always be nutbags at every rally. What about all those "Bush = Hitler" and "Kill Bush" signs? I'm not simple-minded enough to believe that every liberal that disagreed with Bush thought he was the reincarnation of Hitler, or wanted to kill him.

As I posted on the other forum - this man was not just a run-of-the-mill nutbag. He was the ORGANIZER of teabagger.org. And he did this 38 days into the Obama administration. My only question - what took him so long? It's obvious that he had hatred for Obama long before this.

You'd loose that bet ! I am impressed that we No longer have a air headed cowboy residing in the White House. I sleep better at night knowing Our President is a rational man able to make thoughtful decisions.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Well, if Obama can say that about Wright, I can say that about the guy who held up a racist sign at a Tea party.

"Every group has someone whose crazy among them whom they don't agree with."

End of story.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Well, if Obama can say that about Wright, I can say that about the guy who held up a racist sign at a Tea party.

"Every group has someone whose crazy among them whom they don't agree with."

End of story.

Obama left the church. The teabaggers still belong. End of story. :(

He left the church cause staying in it would ruin his campaign for presidency. He sat under this pastor for 20 years. The funny thing is even though he doesn't attend there anymore, he still approves of the guy.

DID OBAMA REALLY LEAVE HIS CHURCH?

Trinity United Christian Church is a resentful, fear-mongering, bigoted, race-baiting, anti-White establishment, anti-Semitic, anti-American, highly politicized, Marxist, Afro-centric, Black Liberation Theology Church with strong ties to the Nation of Islam.

To toss a quote back to Obama. . .“ . . .that’s just not how people should have to operate in their church.”

Well, Obama finally left his church, but then again, maybe not. Not really.

How could Obama leave his highly influential friends and not pay a huge political price?

What is patently clear is that he really did not leave his church for any other reason than political expediency. The fact is that his resignation was done to save the church from further pain caused by his candidacy and to save his own candidacy!!! Or more likely, visa versa.

His leaving had nothing at all to do with why Americans have been in an uproar for months over his church.

Wouldn’t you just love to scream back at BO “It’s the hate-filled theology, stupid!”

Did Obama reject any of the philosophy of this resentful, fear-mongering, bigoted, race-baiting, anti-White establishment, anti-Semitic, anti-American, highly politicized, Marxist, Afro-centric, Black Liberation Theology Church with strong ties to the Nation of Islam.? Not!

Did Obama reject specifically the frequent anti-White Establishment remarks made by his “great young pastor,” Rev. Moss, or the anti-Hillary and anti-White remarks made by his good friend, Rev. Pfleger? No!

Did Obama reject any of the tenants of Black Liberation Theology? Absolutely Not!

Did Obama chide the church for anything? NO

What did Obama do? He praised the church and their leaders – his longtime friends.

So Obama would have us believe that he really left the church so that all further questions concerning his character can be silenced.

PG,

You name one thing Rev. Wright said that was untrue? I happen to be one who heard what he said and understood him. Just as Obama understands him. As you stated, he had to because people associated him and Wright together. I understood Wright. I went to a couple sermons. Don't mean I take him totally at his word. Just like a lot of people don't completely listen to their church. Case in point, the abotion issue. Church is vehemently against yet people do it. Same thing to me.

While I recognize that NOTHING Obama does or did would satisfy the right wing radical/conservatives, the following satisfies me and shows a condemnation of what Rev. Wright espouses:

UPDATES: Barack Obama Big News Page

The pastor of my church, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who recently preached his last sermon and is in the process of retiring, has touched off a firestorm over the last few days. He's drawn attention as the result of some inflammatory and appalling remarks he made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents.

Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue.

Because these particular statements by Rev. Wright are so contrary to my own life and beliefs, a number of people have legitimately raised questions about the nature of my relationship with Rev. Wright and my membership in the church. Let me therefore provide some context.

As I have written about in my books, I first joined Trinity United Church of Christ nearly twenty years ago. I knew Rev. Wright as someone who served this nation with honor as a United States Marine, as a respected biblical scholar, and as someone who taught or lectured at seminaries across the country, from Union Theological Seminary to the University of Chicago. He also led a diverse congregation that was and still is a pillar of the South Side and the entire city of Chicago. It's a congregation that does not merely preach social justice but acts it out each day, through ministries ranging from housing the homeless to reaching out to those with HIV/AIDS.

Most importantly, Rev. Wright preached the gospel of Jesus, a gospel on which I base my life. In other words, he has never been my political advisor; he's been my pastor. And the sermons I heard him preach always related to our obligation to love God and one another, to work on behalf of the poor, and to seek justice at every turn.

The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation. When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments. But because Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.

Let me repeat what I've said earlier. All of the statements that have been the subject of controversy are ones that I vehemently condemn. They in no way reflect my attitudes and directly contradict my profound love for this country.

With Rev. Wright's retirement and the ascension of my new pastor, Rev. Otis Moss, III, Michelle and I look forward to continuing a relationship with a church that has done so much good. And while Rev. Wright's statements have pained and angered me, I believe that Americans will judge me not on the basis of what someone else said, but on the basis of who I am and what I believe in; on my values, judgment and experience to be President of the United States.

I knew about my guy's church. Actually having met Obama and the Pastor. Your point is what?

My point is that you can't always condemn the people in an organization because the person in charge is a douche. While I don't agree that the dude you mentioned founded the teaparty movement (although maybe he founded some website), but even if he did, the reasons I identify with that movement have nothing to do with President Obama being black.

Plain:The difference is that the deficit spending under Reagan went to strengthening the military. Obama's deficit spending is going towards increasing the government stranglehold. I will split the point on Bush. He spent on the military, but at the end of his term, set TARP in motion.

You forgot Reagan's tax cut for the rich when he lowered the tax rate on the upper income from 70% to 28% (read that again to let it sink in). So where do you think that lost revenue had to be made up?

Actually, nobody made it up, since it created a deficit, correct? Aaaaaaaaand, those tax cuts stimulated the economy that Carter led into sluggishness. And I haven't even gone into the technological and medical innovations that were the result of big corporations spending more on R&D.

You'd loose that bet ! I am impressed that we No longer have a air headed cowboy residing in the White House. I sleep better at night knowing Our President is a rational man able to make thoughtful decisions.

Who would loose that bet?

You forgot Reagan's tax cut for the rich when he lowered the tax rate on the upper income from 70% to 28% (read that again to let it sink in). So where do you think that lost revenue had to be made up?

Actually, nobody made it up, since it created a deficit, correct? Aaaaaaaaand, those tax cuts stimulated the economy that Carter led into sluggishness. And I haven't even gone into the technological and medical innovations that were the result of big corporations spending more on R&D.

When Reagan lowered the tax rate on the rich by a whopping 60% he raised the social security and medicare tax. This tax is only applied on the first $100,000 or so. This tax hits the middle class harder since ALL of their salary is taxed, but doesn't really affect all that much those rich who had their tax rate lowered.

"My point is that you can't always condemn the people in an organization because the person in charge is a douche. While I don't agree that the dude you mentioned founded the teaparty movement (although maybe he founded some website), but even if he did, the reasons I identify with that movement have nothing to do with President Obama being black."

You mentioned the analogy between Wright and Obama, not me. I can condemn them because as I said before the founders intent was obvious from day 38, (and I didn't hear about them until shortly after Obama took office) and since everyone here is supposed to be so social aware then people should have known their guy had this racist intent, (way before Obama started spending I might add) SO he had no reason at all at 38 days to hate Obama. If you belong to this group, and were so socially aware, you would have known his "deficit" and spending argument was a beard. If you were not social aware of what you had joined and who had formed it, as stated in previous posts, then you followed their agenda without understanding the foundation intent, sort of like sheep. Thus their bad. Don't blame people who don't want any part of this "patriotic lynch mob" to believe that people who joined didn't know. We just happen to believe our eyes when we see posters like these.

Edited by tdslf1

I have sat for over 20 years and listened to the sermons of my Pastor for that long. I adamnatly agree with all that he says. If I didn't, I'd be having church elsewhere. Obama sat under the preaching of that man for the same amount of time, and never left becuase he, too, adamantly agrees with his stand on things. Don't tell me that he sat through his sermons disagreeing with him just because he liked the donuts they served afterwords during fellowship time. I think we all know better than that.

I have sat for over 20 years and listened to the sermons of my Pastor for that long. I adamnatly agree with all that he says. If I didn't, I'd be having church elsewhere. Obama sat under the preaching of that man for the same amount of time, and never left becuase he, too, adamantly agrees with his stand on things. Don't tell me that he sat through his sermons disagreeing with him just because he liked the donuts they served afterwords during fellowship time. I think we all know better than that.

You simply ignore the facts in favor of your opinion time after time. We have only seen a few small snippets of what this preacher said over 20 years and we don't know if Obama was there when he said it. If videos existed for all of the past 20 years with him preaching something extreme at every service, I am sure it would have been posted on you tube by now.

I think we have seen all that there is to see and Obama might not have been at those services. If I am not personally at a service, I don't know what my clergyman says.

PG,

We have already established you are an anomaly, so that says nothing bolstering your argument.