Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

PG,

We have already established you are an anomaly, so that says nothing bolstering your argument.

aw gee thankyou.

I've sat through the sermons of countless preachers and priests and never once have adamantly agreed with everything they said.

The fact that you do sure seems to indicate something about how brainwashed you are or how easily you are influenced by your preacher.

I've sat through the sermons of countless preachers and priests and never once have adamantly agreed with everything they said.

The fact that you do sure seems to indicate something about how brainwashed you are or how easily you are influenced by your preacher.

No. I have found a preacher who uses the scriptures accurately. He prays for the Holy Spirit to guide him in all that he says and does, and therefore, what he speaks lines up with the word of God which is the truth. I have that word in my hands and can confirm what he says within it. If what he says contradicts what I know to be true from reading God's words, then I would know he were wrong.

As stated, anomaly.

So your preacher only speaks of Biblical things, never political or social problems within the community?

Because I'm wondering if he/she is aware that you don't feel that someone who is a smoker but in need of food, should be given food food because sof her smoking habit. Because if she has cigarettes, she could afford food if she wanted it and doesn't deserve hand outs, eth?

So your preacher only speaks of Biblical things, never political or social problems within the community?

Because I'm wondering if he/she is aware that you don't feel that someone who is a smoker but in need of food, should be given food food because sof her smoking habit. Because if she has cigarettes, she could afford food if she wanted it and doesn't deserve hand outs, eth?

I do not like the idea that people line up at the food banks that are there to feed the poor, yet buy a carton of cigarettes at approximately $75.00 every week. These people could be using that money for food and the food pantry could be giving their donations to those who really need them. If you have a problem with that, too bad. Whether my pastor knows how I feel about that or not is no concern of mine or his. But, if he doesn't, I have no qualms about sharing my opinions with him.

The world the way it is must piss you off all the time. Too bad we can't have it the way we want it,huh? The world just keeps spinning with or without you.

The world the way it is must piss you off all the time. Too bad we can't have it the way we want it,huh? The world just keeps spinning with or without you.

Because I believe the promises of God as he has outlined in his words to us, the world will one day be the way God and I both want it. You, OTOH, will not have it the way you want it, unless you turn to God and desire what he wants. Every Christian knows that they have the victory in the end, because the Creator of all of this wins.

Jesus would not have judged someone and turned them away without food just because the person had another problem than just hunger. It has been written that Christ said, judge not lest ye be judged.

It seems very hypocritical to say you try to follow the Bible and yet in a very real, everyday situation, you have set yourself up to be that woman's judge and jury.

I know this has been discussed to what sounded like a conclusion but I continue to think of it and be shocked by it.

Jesus would not have judged someone and turned them away without food just because the person had another problem than just hunger. It has been written that Christ said, judge not lest ye be judged.

No. he would have given them the food and then told them not to do what they are doing. ("go, and sin no more.") I don't think that he would have continued to enable them to be cigarette smokers after he once reprimanded them for it. He does not enable people to live in sin. He will discipline. Discipline in this case would be to not allow her to have food if she prefers to spend her money on cigarettes.

It seems very hypocritical to say you try to follow the Bible and yet in a very real, everyday situation, you have set yourself up to be that woman's judge and jury.

I know this has been discussed to what sounded like a conclusion but I continue to think of it and be shocked by it.

Here is a story for you and I'm sure that you will disagree with our decision in it.

My son, who is 28 years old, smokes marajuana, and he has resorted to selling it also. It is against the law in Mass. where he lives. He was arrested once for posession when he was in college and we bailed him out of jail. He was arrested again when he was 24, and his friend bailed him out. We told him that if he continued this lifestyle, we would not bail him out of his consequences again. He was recently arrested in Dec. for intent to sell, cause he had 2 lbs. in his friends trunk that he bought and was returning home with. He called us and asked us to bail him out. ($1040.) We said no. Not because we didn't have the money, because we did, but he is a grown man and makes his own decisions and if he chooses to live doing illegal things, then the consequences of his actions are also his own. He sat in jail for 2 weeks, but it could have been 2 months had his younger brother and cousin not come up with the funds to get him out. He now owes back the $1040. plus a lawyers fee, and he lost the money he paid for his marajuiana. He needs to go to court also. Those are big consequences for the risks he takes in breaking the laws. The people he sat in jail with could not believe that his parents would not post his bail. Who does that to their child? They are unloving and uncaring about their son. My son said the same thing about us. He could not believe that we would leave him there.

The 2 weeks that he was in jail, I threw up once, lost 7 lbs. from not being able to eat, passed out during a class I teach, and had cold sores all over my lips from stress. I cried every night. But, I don't love him? I don't have compassion for him? Never! I love my son with all my heart. I left him there because I love him. There is nothing better for a person than to endure the consequences for their own actions.

Now, this woman who week after week chooses to spend her $75.00 on a carton of smokes rather than buy food for herself will surely see that without food, her stomach will be in pain. She will have to decide what is more important for her. She will eventually choose the food over the cigarettes, cause without the food, she can not go on living. When others enable her to smoke by continuing to supply her with the food that she needs each week, she will never get to that point of helping herself to quit and choose food over cigarettes.

This is the problem with democrats. They enable people to be dependant on the government for their needs, instead of themselves. They are afraid to let the consequences for the peoples actions, or lack of actions,to occur.

Two different people with different habits. The first, that person will steal and maybe even rob for weed. Many will resort to selling it to feed their habit. They may escalate to stronger drugs. The second more than likely won't steal for it but will just bum off of people or find a full ashtray. Two very different scenarios. Never heard of people going to prison or jail because of their habit of cigarettes. One is illegal, the other is not. Two different situations altogether.

I am not willing to punish people for cigarettes, no crime they commit other than maybe smoking in public places. Very different. No one has forgone food for cigarettes. You can always find food and cigarettes.

PG, you are a hypocrite.

Pattygreen: This is the problem with democrats. They enable people to be dependant on the government for their needs, instead of themselves. They are afraid to let the consequences for the peoples actions, or lack of actions,to occur.

Then when the republicans controlled the white house, the senate and congress why didn't they do away with the food stamp program?

The food stamp program cannot define eligibility based on whether someone smokes or not. They would deny they do if it did.

Food stamps do not cover tobacco products and you can't stop someone from buying them with their own money.

Pattygreen: This is the problem with democrats. They enable people to be dependant on the government for their needs, instead of themselves. They are afraid to let the consequences for the peoples actions, or lack of actions,to occur.

Then when the republicans controlled the white house, the senate and congress why didn't they do away with the food stamp program?

The food stamp program cannot define eligibility based on whether someone smokes or not. They would deny they do if it did.

Food stamps do not cover tobacco products and you can't stop someone from buying them with their own money.

That's just what I mean. If they have their own money to buy cigarettes, then what are they doing getting food stamps? Cigarettes are $75.00 a carton in CT. That's more than one person needs for food each week.

Once programs are put into place in the government, you can't seem to ever cancel them. That's alot of our problem with government. Even programs that aren't doing any good anymore are still finaced. God forbid someone should have to lose their job.:) As if people not in government jobs don't ever lose them.

The food stamp program as well as any welfare programs should make people pee in a cup, and if they are using drugs, they should not get them. The jobs some of us are in require drug testing to stay employed, so why shouldn't the people who are receiving part of our paychecks in assistance need to be drug tested as well. If we can't use drugs in order to keep our jobs, then welfare recipients shouldn't be allowed to use them to receive the money we make.

As for the cigarette thing, I know that the government can't enforce that, it was a scenerio of how I feel about giving assistance to people who choose to buy cigarettes over food, or people who choose to buy expensive clothing rather than pay their rent and they get housing assistance, or people who choose to have an expensive car payment every month instead of using that payment for oil and they receive energy assistance. I'm sure you get the jist of what I'm saying here. People abuse the system, and the gov. allows it.

Two different people with different habits. The first, that person will steal and maybe even rob for weed. Many will resort to selling it to feed their habit. They may escalate to stronger drugs. The second more than likely won't steal for it but will just bum off of people or find a full ashtray. Two very different scenarios. Never heard of people going to prison or jail because of their habit of cigarettes. One is illegal, the other is not. Two different situations altogether.

I am not willing to punish people for cigarettes, no crime they commit other than maybe smoking in public places. Very different. No one has forgone food for cigarettes. You can always find food and cigarettes.

PG, you are a hypocrite.

Not two different scenerios. In both scenes, people are making choices that have consequences. (or should have them)

In the scene with the marajuana smoker, if he chooses to disobey the law, his consequence is going to jail. He needs to decide if going to jail outweighs his love for marajuana smoking or not. If yes, he will quit. If no, he will suffer jail time.

In the scene with the woman who smoke cigarettes, if she chooses to smoke, she doesn't have any money left from her paycheck to buy the food she needs. If she chooses to smoke, her consequence will be hunger. She needs to decide if her love for cigarettes outweighs her hunger. If yes, she will be hungry and unhealthy. If no, she will get the food her body needs and be healthier.

In both scenerios the choice is theirs to make. No one should enable either of them to continue in their situations. Why should my paycheck buy her groceries when all she needs to do is choose to spend her money on food over cigarettes?