Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OH Juli's Plastic Surgery

Juli - I agree you are amazing if you are back on a spinning bike after 4 weeks post op.

I am curious if you have any regrets choosing a plastic surgeon in Cincy (hour and a half away) rather than having picked someone in your hometown? Was the cost difference major savings? Did you just really connect with the surgeon you chose? I know that is really important.

Hi Kathy,

I love my surgeon in Cincinnati. It's him and one woman in particular on his staff who reassure me every time I drive down there that it was the best decision ever.

My scars already look amazing, he knows what he is doing.

He's kind of funny and maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but we banter and he's compassionate and logical and will answer all and any questions.

There were NO cost savings. Actually I've probably paid $3000 more to use him than if I had stayed in Columbus and went with, Dr. Howmuchmayicutyou. (The one who spoke at the support group.) Also his office staff while local didn't do a thing for me.

No regrets with the choice of surgeon at all.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by OH Juli

Niki and Cori

Hi, and thanks so much for the encouraging words and sweet thoughts.

I am really feeling like myself more and more daily. It's so good not to feel so addled-brained. Also, I think my waist has reappeared, which makes a girl happy. :blink:

The seroma is still huge and being drained twice a week. He mentioned wanting to reinsert a drain today. I was really not too happy with the thought yesterday. I'm back to exercising and want to enjoy moving around. Having a drain stuck in me just seems like a backward step.

However, in the middle of the night last night a piece of my incision opened and I drained in the bed. I woke up to the same sensation as when my daughter crawled in bed with me then wet the bed. Cold and wet and scared to death I peed myself. (!) Apparently I'll share anything here.

So maybe I do need the drain. I don't want it...I see my surgeon in a few hours and we'll talk it out...and I will do what he recommends, but boo hoo.:thumbdown:

So there you go a little bi-polar post for you all. Seems about right as far as this surgery goes. I love and hate it at the same time.

hi julie,

i love your honest posts.....it helps me to be brutally honest as well.

sounds like the surgeon you chose was perfect...especially when it comes to scar healing...

keep us posted on your drain/seroma situation.

Juli - thanks for reinforcing the mindset that the connection you have to your surgeon is so important -- I know I am such a private person about how my body looks and choosing a WLS surgeon everyone told me to be absolutely sure you had a good connection to your surgeon and that definitely has paid off for me. Hearing that your choice of Dr. in Cincy was worth it for you and it wasn't a cost savings thing, really helps. I plan to get at least 2 or maybe 3 opinions on this plastics thing when I get to that stage because I want to feel sure of that decision too.

Wishing you all the best on the seroma thing and hope that if you have to get a drain to get that back under control that it will be short term.

Hi Juli:

Sorry to hear about your continuing seroma and drainage issues.

Do you recommend putting a waterproof mattress pad on the bed until the drainage is done?

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with all of us. It's so helpful to those walking down the ps path after you.

I love my band!

Sue

Sue

I think I'm unusual with my draining. They do call me the "Seroma Queen" at the surgeon's office.

I got some chuxs for the bed. They are plastic on one side and absorbant on the other. not fun to sleep on but they save the sheets and are disposable. I'd say don't worry about the mattress until you have an issue.

All

As for my issue, I didn't get a drain put in. I'm going to continue to drive 1.5 hours one way twice a week to see my surgeon to get drained. I'm off for 10 more days, so we'll see where we are at the end of next week. I hope to have slowed way down by then.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

I'm shooting into work for a minute today to gather some information for the Race for the Cure. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and yeah, I admit a little, I'm looking forward to being seen too.:cool2:

Juli, I am glad you didn't get that hated drain, and let us know everyone at works reaction at your big "reveal"!!! When are we going to see the results? Soon!!!

Mimi

Juli: Enjoy the reactions to your new bod! Sorry about the seromas. I found out yesterday that my band slip has corrected itself. I feel like I have a new lease on life. I'll get my restriction back a little at a time. Can't wait! Sorry, I just had to tell a fellow bandster my good news!

Juli, best of luck with the seroma saga. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they take care of themselves before you have to be back at work FT. I've no doubt you'll knock their socks off at work and they'll be thrilled to see you.

Karey, so very happy for you my dear! You've been through plenty and then some. So glad your band is back where it belongs and working correctly.

Take care, both of you!

Hey kids,

So I'm getting some big swelling seromas which my doctor drains weekly. Yesterday he took out about 16 ounces which was a huge relief.

So while I"m feeling the pain let me say, this does hurt. It hurts a lot. It's not a walk in the park....and I'm healing beautifully and doing really well and I've got a decent pain tolerance.

But for those of you considering the surgery it's a knock you down kind of thing. Mind you I've got about 8 feet of incisions on my body; I did the maxium amount of plastic surgery an ethical doctor would perform.

So reality is that before I'm thinking I'm all hot and skinny and my memory fades about the pain, this is rough, rough, rough.

You've been warned.

I was too, but I didn't really hear it or listen...

I had a breast lift 8 yrs ago during which a lot of skin was removed. I still have not forgotten the pain and did not even go back for the free revision he was going to do that he assured me would be a piece of cake after what I'd already had done!!!!!! I would really like to have the TT and underarms done, but I'm not sure if I will get up the courage. Did you have lots more done? What do you think caused the most discomfort?? I hope you feel good soon and you will look great really soon!!

standing.jpg

My tummy is flat, though the sweater doesn't do much to show that.

This was taken yesterday.

The Tummy Tuck hurts 10 times more than my breast reduction 7 years ago or the revision he just did.

Thanks for the honesty! Did you have lots of cutting (skin) done with the reduction or was it more like Lipo? ?

standing.jpg

My tummy is flat, though the sweater doesn't do much to show that.

This was taken yesterday.

Looking good!!!!! It must feel good to be rid of the excess!! It will keep shaping up too over the coming months which you will notice most of course!!

Thanks for the honesty! Did you have lots of cutting (skin) done with the reduction or was it more like Lipo? ?

There was an bunch of skin cutting with my surgery. A TT typically is hip bone to hip bone with maybe a vertical incision.

I had a 360 around me with a vertical incision. Plus my arms plus a revision to my breasts. 8 feet plus in incisions all together.

Ouch, ouch, ouch