Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Why don't you go back and read her insults to me before you take my post out of context. I was only trying to defend myself after she tells me I am not a good parent because my 18, 19, 21, and 22 year old live at home with me.She knows nothing about my kids or my family, but she constantly bouts off insults.

You may not be aware of this, but you do have an offensive manner - you sure do come across as smug and self-congratulatory and judgemental - about you. Has your pastor ever attempted to counsel you about this? You would do well to listen and pay heed to him.

But you forgot, she is His special chosen one.:scared2:

OMG LOL!!!!:crying::biggrin::heart::biggrin:

You may not be aware of this, but you do have an offensive manner - you sure do come across as smug and self-congratulatory and judgemental - about you. Has your pastor ever attempted to counsel you about this? You would do well to listen and pay heed to him.

LOL...This is so true.

I was 18 when I moved out. My sister was 17 (a few months from her 18th birthday, and stayed in Houston when my parents moved to Michigan). :scared2:

You know come to think about it, I was 18 when I moved out. My siblings were 18 when they moved. And my DD was 18 when she moved out and that was 6 years ago.

I nor my siblings were kicked out. We were just adventurous and wanted to explore our world away from our parents. We always kept in touch with mom and dad (and I talk to mom every week or stop by). But there was something exhilarating about being on your own. Making it in the world on your own.

DD daughter felt the same way too. I always beg her to come back home because I miss her sooooooooooo much, but she is on her own adventure now...going to school and working. Unfortunately my son is mentally ill and is disabled by illness. I suspect he will be living with me for more years to come.

Geez... MY daughter moved out at 18, and that was only 3 years ago. :scared2:

That wouldn't surprise me. She probably couldn't wait to get away from you. Maybe you called her too many names while you were raising her. In my house, we love each other and want to stay together. We help each other out in every way, even financially if needed. We support each others desires for education or any goals they choose.

Never thought about the correlation of age leaving home, and family size.

Son left home at 18, went to work before leaving high school, and has worked steady ever since.

Oldest DD left home, married, and moved with the Army to Hawaii when she was barely 18. She actually graduated HS her Junior year, and had several scholarships--from Who's Who Among American High School Students, BP America, Masonic lodges.....she used them too!!!

She DID move home for 3 months with her baby when she divorced, and bought a home that needed some remodel work. She lived here, worked, and worked on her home at night. She moved in with nothing!!! Now it is a home again!

Youngest DD, took a trip to Europe immediately after graduating HS with her Grandpa!!! She come home, went back to school, married a few years later, is still taking classes, just bought a home and had a baby a few weeks ago.

I love my kids to pieces, but do not care for them to live with me again!!! Now that they are adults, they have their own way of doing things, and they do not always mesh with my own!!!!

I am VERY proud of the people my kids have become, they are productive, and kind.

As for the topic of the thread, I will say, I am really glad that Dr. Phil or the public outrage or whatever is finally hitting, and octomom is taking some steps to be responsible for the situation she is in. Accepting the Angels help, and removing the nails, both are positive steps forward amid a spiralling fall backward for so long.

I can understand adult children living at home as long as they are going to college and working. I see nothing wrong with it. I wish I had stayed home and went to college instead of moving in with some boy! Maybe I would have finished college then instead of still trying to finish now.

I can also see moving back in for a short while if you fall on hard times. But only temporary. I couldn't imagine living with my mother again!!

:scared2:

That wouldn't surprise me. She probably couldn't wait to get away from you. Maybe you called her too many names while you were raising her. In my .

Totally unnecessary comment and adds no value to this thread.:crying:

That wouldn't surprise me. She probably couldn't wait to get away from you. Maybe you called her too many names while you were raising her. In my house, we love each other and want to stay together. We help each other out in every way, even financially if needed. We support each others desires for education or any goals they choose.

Aren't you precious. Bless your heart. :crying:

I raised a young woman who was able -- ABLE -- to be on her own and take care of herself. I raised her to be independent of me, not live with me well past her time. But hey, I guess I did it all wrong, eh? :scared2:

I can understand adult children living at home as long as they are going to college and working. I see nothing wrong with it. I wish I had stayed home and went to college instead of moving in with some boy! Maybe I would have finished college then instead of still trying to finish now.

I can also see moving back in for a short while if you fall on hard times. But only temporary. I couldn't imagine living with my mother again!!

Don't let beth or green hear you say that. You'll be considered an inadequate parent.

Aren't you precious. Bless your heart. :crying:

I raised a young woman who was able -- ABLE -- to be on her own and take care of herself. I raised her to be independent of me, not live with me well past her time. But hey, I guess I did it all wrong, eh? :scared2:

Yup.......

Yup.......

So... raising capable, able young adults is doing it wrong. Interesting that you are the only one who seems to think so.

:scared2:

Totally unnecessary comment and adds no value to this thread.:crying:

You are right. It was uncalled for by me. I am trying to do the right thing. The scripture teaches to do unto others as you would have them do unto you, not as they do to you.

So, Beth, I apologize.

So... raising capable, able young adults is doing it wrong. Interesting that you are the only one who seems to think so.

I only said that out of anger at you. Sorry. I'm glad you raised your kids properly.

Don't let beth or green hear you say that. You'll be considered an inadequate parent.

Well, I don't have any kids other than a 17 year old stepson. He graduates next year. If he still expected to live with us beyond that, he would have to be in college and working and paying his own insurance, car payment, etc. If he wasn't in school, we would expect him to be out on his own. There is no other excuse for a grown child to still be living at home other than pursing their education. It is just pure laziness the way kids do these day, and especially the way parents let them do.