Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

None of you, (except beth maybe) have no problem with your new president taking your money to fund all kinds of ridiculous things in this country.

This has nothing to do with this thread, and besides, President Obama INHERITED this mess, he didn't cause it!

You aren't outraged with a president who will spend us and borrow us into a humongous inferno debt, and our great, great grandchildren as well

That would be George Bush

but to give her family of 6 some food stamps was tooooo much for you.

Too much for us because she should have made sure SHE could support HER children before having more. What about the instruction in the bible to be a "good steward"? She is certainly NOT living that kind of life.

Her collecting federal funds to pay for the babies medical care is just what Obama wants to do in the near future. (have all of us pay for those who can't) So she's accepting medical care from tax payer money before Obama's plan is even here.

Again, dragging President Obama into something he had no part in creating. HE didn't tell Octopussy to have that many kids...

Big deal. If we can give millions to study pigs, we can give them to her 8.

Medical research helps people...what benefit is there to the rest of us in supporting Octopussy's family?

She wasn't like those who have baby after baby with no plan to support them.

That is EXACTLY what she did...

Her plan was to have 7 kids and have a degree from college in 1 year, then to support them herself.

So who was supposed to support her and her 7 kids that she had BEFORE graduating from college? Who was supposed to support her innocent children for a year while she went to school? Her "plan" happened ass-backwards. She should have gotten her degree and a job FIRST and then had the children.

That was her plan. Her plan got messed up when she ended up having 8 babies instead of 1 more.

She never should have entertained another pregnancy before ensuring that her CURRENT children were taken care of properly.

You've never heard of the term 'mercy'? How about 'forgiveness'?

Forgiveness can be had when a true mistake is made, but Octopussy CREATED this mess that she is in, by her own willful act. Who's to say that it was God's will for her NOT to have children right now - maybe HE knows her better than all of us and knows SHE isn't ready to be a parent!

She admitted that she messed up when she saw that instead of 1 more baby she was having 8 more. There is nothing wrong with a woman wanting 7 children and having a plan to support them that she is working on. I personally would have waited until I was done with college and had a good job before I got pregnant again.

Exactly - if she had waited until she was done with college and THEN had the babies, no one would give a hoot. THEN she would be supporting her OWN children and not playing on the sympathies of hard-working, honest, soft-hearted people who care for the BABIES and not for HER!

Not everyone does the right thing all the time in life.

babygrl, you post here just as much as I do. Don't you have anything else to do? What have I ever done to you? It is obvious that some don't like me because I am a christian and am not ashamed to speak about God when I post, but that was uncalled for.

And so is your response above...turn the other cheek and keep it moving - I mean really! Don't make this an anti-christian thing...that is totally NOT what this is.

Every time someone chooses to criticize Octopussy, you run to her defense - given that position, I think any reasonable person would expect that taking such an unpopular point of view would result in rancor being thrown back.

Whatever Octopussy's situation, unfortunately there are people out there who will continue to support her. Unfortunately, the new babies and her previous children are the ones who will suffer.

God will NEVER bless that - she obviously decided SHE needed more children (whatever her twisted reason) and in a perfect world, she would have to bear the fruits of her bad decisions. She is refusing to take responsibility for her actions and instead depending on the "kindness of strangers" to make her way in the world.

She's a leech - pure and simple. She will go out and spend money on expensive makeup like MAC (what's wrong with the products available at the drugstore) and then turn around and accept expensive nursing help from the Angel Network that SOMEONE ELSE is paying for!:lunch:

She better take her butt to Rite-Aid and use them coupons in the Sunday paper and break down with some MACbelline.

ETA: I think some people just like to play Devil's Advocate and go against the grain for entertainment's sake.

Edited by LilMissDiva

And so is your response above...turn the other cheek and keep it moving - I mean really! Don't make this an anti-christian thing...that is totally NOT what this is.

PLEASE is that really where this went? god/obama in every thread ... good grief.

i find those that have to scream from the roof top how christian they are, ARE AS offensive as those who constantly let you know their "net worth". both obnoxious/rude/indulgent & likely not invited to many diner parties. certainly none this catholic would have over.

have you seen the news coverage regarding this woman & her neighbors. i would want to pull my hair out if this woman lived next door to me - better yet i'd pay for her to move.

great post ebony.

diva - LOVE it!!

babygirl I agree that Octo's had a plan all along, but I think that a plan like that makes her unbalanced. She's not right. Even if it's just that she wanted to get the notariety and money that would come with having (giving her the benefit of the doubt) SEVEN children.

pg: sure, people are outraged that a woman would expect the world to foot the bill for kids that she knew she couldn't take care of. But the real reason everyone is so baffled by all this and so angry is because of the children.

It is patently unfair to the children in every way imaginable! There is nothing that you can say that can make what she did right for the children.

And I believe that is one reason why people are so put out with you on this thread is because you don't seem to understand that even if you give Octo the benefit of the doubt, there is no way to excuse the fact that she has brought 6 children into the world knowing that she didn't have a means of support for them, didn't have a father for those children to help in their upbringing and be a male role model every day, and she just didn't give enough of a damn about those 6 babies to keep her from being implanted with more embryos.

Probably as far as any of us knows, you're the only person in the world who thinks what she did is fine and dandy. The world sure can use more babies, eh?

If someone like octomom applies for public assistance, she should have to agree to sterilization first.

If someone like octomom applies for public assistance, she should have to agree to sterilization first.

Amen! Not only that, I think that the doctor that implanted her should be put up for child support the same a way a wayward father would be. He is just as wrong as she is IMO.:lunch:

Amen! Not only that, I think that the doctor that implanted her should be put up for child support the same a way a wayward father would be. He is just as wrong as she is IMO.:lunch:

i've agreed with this since day 1:

* she needs to be spayed

* dr violated every IVF protocol & should be on the hook for the expense and any/all future child care. oh, also while never being able to practice again unless it involves changing bed pans.

**side note - i could give a rats A$$ if she only wanted "one" more. i've been down the IVF path - to implant 6 was criminal & i'd be OK w/criminal charges as well against good dr & make octo=snot clean bed pans for a living.** only fair since she has people to clean the crappy diapers of her brood. she should clean others - i found her PERFECT calling.

**side note - i could give a rats A$$ if she only wanted "one" more. i've been down the IVF path - to implant 6 was criminal & i'd be OK w/criminal charges as well against good dr & make octo=snot clean bed pans for a living.** only fair since she has people to clean the crappy diapers of her brood. she should clean others - i found her PERFECT calling.

PERFECT!:lol:

Since I can see the quoted post I will respond:

I have been here over 2 years, hence the number of posts I have. I am one of those "bad" parents who has a job while my kids are schooled by, wait for it...a teacher. I am pretty good at getting my work done thus leaving me time to post. 95% of my posts are in the early am during the week. But my posts are also not parallel to a novel. Usually short and sweet. Unless someone strikes a nerve.

Should I have gone off my rocker this morning? Probably not. But I am just fed up and tired of not saying anything. And for your information I am a Christian myself and proud of it. But just because I am does not mean other people have to be. It does not mean I am going to bring fire and brimstone on those who have differing beliefs. That is for God to deal with at his time. I am by far not perfect. I do most everything wrong. But I refuse to look down upon another person for what their religious beliefs are. And maybe you think you don't but the way you present yourself speaks otherwise. So don't assume that people dislike you because you are Christian. They dislike you because you act like a pompous ass. See there is my imperfection at work again.

Oh and even more shocking I even agree with you about Obama. Imagine that.

ETA: I think some people just like to play Devil's Advocate and go against the grain for entertainment's sake.

*looks around slyly.....walks off whistling*

Pattygreen, it is unlikely that folks here don't like you because you are a Christian; afterall, the vast majority of Americans are.... They simply don't like you because you are a know-it-all and pompass/pompous to boot. In brief, it is the attitude which you persist in displaying that turns folks here off your message. McLuhan once said that that "the medium was the message," and you, my dear woman, have failed utterly in getting your Christ's message across.

First 2 octuplets have wild homecoming - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

Did anyone see this? This is crazy...

------------------------------------------------

First 2 octuplets have wild homecoming

Crush of photographers gather on cul-de-sac where mom will raise 14 kids

During the interview she got into it with her Mom she stated something about having to either destroy her embryos or use them. So if she went in to only have one more.....what was she going to do with the rest, destroy them?

She claims that is against her beliefs, and claims that is why they implanted so many (which SHOULD be a criminal charge) and then the next interview says they ALWAYS implanted that many--------which I would lay odds is BS.

Like has been pointed out MANY, MANY times, she had no business purposely impregnating again when she was not self sufficient. It matters not one whit that it ended up being 8 as opposed to 1 or2. That is idiocy, pure selfish idiocy.

Very few jobs regardless of her education will allow her to graduate, and immediately walk out into the world, land a job that will allow them to buy a home and a vehicle to accomodate 7 children (operating on the premise that was all she wanted.)

Not a single thing she has ever said has made her appear sincere to me. She manipulates interviews, by trying to appear shy and serene. She works the camera, forsakes her childrens appearance to improve her own. You can bet your butt these kids have a job.

Sounds like a new Mommy Dearest has taken over.

Patty, I know you seriously try to relate to the octo mom, but I think that is sad, surely even you can see that at least you tried to provide for you own children. I hate to see anyone bring themselves down by relating themselves to this person.

And christianity has zero to do with anyones response to you yet. Some do proclaim comfortably that they are not believers. It is the way in which you bring it about, and STATE it is this way and only this way, that turns people away, the bible and all it contains is interpreted in many, many ways--and yours is not the only way....neither is mine.

Politics has nothing to do with this either. There is a mess in the white house, has been a mess for many, many years. Partly due to abuses.....and octomommy is an abuse in a BIG way.

Like has been pointed out MANY, MANY times, she had no business purposely impregnating again when she was not self sufficient. It matters not one whit that it ended up being 8 as opposed to 1 or2. That is idiocy, pure selfish idiocy.

Very few jobs regardless of her education will allow her to graduate, and immediately walk out into the world, land a job that will allow them to buy a home and a vehicle to accomodate 7 children (operating on the premise that was all she wanted.)

Do you wonder if she went into her last few pregnancies hoping for a large multiple birth situation? I wonder if this was a part of her "grand" plan the entire time. To have a multiple birth in hopes of cashing in like all of the shows you see on TV now. That maybe after each pregnancy that only came with one birth, that she went back in hopes of this pregnancy being THE ONE. I keep trying to come up with some twisted logic to understand how she could have done this to her children that she claims to love. I can't come up with one. I did not have more children because I knew that I could not afford to bring up more than one without living hand to mouth. I so feel for these children. Even with the help of the nurses, these children will have problems (mental and physical) for years to come.