Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

Ok, where is the out of pocket over $3,000, my out of pocket is only $1,143 in Texas, that is w/BCBS ins.

Hi Shoes, the package sounds good value, where are you staying? I didn't realise they did a package like that - saves alot of arranging taxis etc... I agree it being just a waiting game, it seems to drag on!!:mad2: Just can't wait to get on with it now!:wink:

Hi Jewy i think im staying in Campanile Vilivorde not sure i spelled that right Frederick Dr Chris assistant has arrange someone to pick us up from airport to hotel, I emailed Bridget and told her i booked direct with Dr Chris because it was cheaper she was very nice about it,his email address chris.debruyne@advalvas.be hope this is of some help to you:smile:

Hey shoes having the surgery in melbourne, australia... I dont know much about the costs overseas but here it costs approx $3500 out of pocket... so its not too bad... just started my preop diet... so far its fun fun fun :mad2:

Hi nolongermisspiggy thats amazing your on the other side of the world im in this little island called Ireland,$3500 is very good compared to what it cost's in Ireland its €10.000 here that's why I'm traveling to Belgium to have it €4.070,i am starting pre op diet tomorrow cant wait to get started happy days:wink:

yeah i think its alright... people without private health insurance pay approx $10 - $15 000, and some also have to pay for fills etc... or you can wait on the (3-7 year) waiting list to have it done public for free..... lol but im not waiiting that long so with my private health insurance i just need to pay the $3500 for the surgeon etc and the $50 excess on the hospital... all the fills etc are bulk billed... i found a surgeon in adelaide that charged out of pocket approx $1000 but travelling back and forth.. wouldnt really be worth it and in the end the surgeon said he wouldnt do it ( too far away if there is complications etc..) but thats cool u can go across to belgium for it! does leaving the country not affect your health insurance? or is 4070 the total cost of the surgery without insurance??

Hello all!

My March 3rd date is coming up fast! So glad I found this forum, it's really given me lots of important info. Just think where we all will be one year from now!

Oh my goodness. I didn't know it was so inexpensive in Europe. I thought it'd be closer to what we pay in the US. It is less than half! Depending on where we go, maybe a third of the cost for the average procedure here, and many of our insurance companies still don't cover it. If they do, some only cover 80%, and the copay is about what you've quoted (4000 Euros, right?) as the price for the procedure, the hotel, and travel. That's great that it is so accessible. I'm happy for you guys, sad for us :eek:.

Hey there March Melties!

I'm scheduled for surgery on March 4th! This is round 2 for me. I ran into a bit of a complication on my first try and we had to take the band out a week later and give me time to recover from a post op infection. But now it's 9 months later and it's time to try again!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

ready to Melt in March!

Yea, wow, you go girl, I think I might have been just too leary of trying again, I will pray for your sucess w/ no complications and that you loose every single lb you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i think its alright... people without private health insurance pay approx $10 - $15 000, and some also have to pay for fills etc... or you can wait on the (3-7 year) waiting list to have it done public for free..... lol but im not waiiting that long so with my private health insurance i just need to pay the $3500 for the surgeon etc and the $50 excess on the hospital... all the fills etc are bulk billed... i found a surgeon in adelaide that charged out of pocket approx $1000 but travelling back and forth.. wouldnt really be worth it and in the end the surgeon said he wouldnt do it ( too far away if there is complications etc..) but thats cool u can go across to belgium for it! does leaving the country not affect your health insurance? or is 4070 the total cost of the surgery without insurance??

Hi Nolongermisspiggy,the €4070 does not cover insurance, its very expensive to get insurance for this surgery you still have to pay extra for fills €120, i have private insurance they will not help because its classed as cosmetic its so not fair people who have this surgery do it for health reasons:smile:

Losin' Leprechauns is super cute!!!! I'm in!! Getting nervous for surgery AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have tried to NOT come on this laptalk site as I feel I am becoming obsessed with reading all the notices, it's this first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night, I ussually check during the day too! I feel as if I have put my 'life' on hold and all I think about is the pre-op diet, the journey & the op., I don't seem to be able to focus on anything else. I have actually changes my ticker to an op. count down ticker instead of a weight ticker, I have 24 days to go till I get my op., it seems like for ever, I remember when I got my date for the the op. I was so excited, and at the time it seemed so soon, now I feel as if I have been waiting for ever! I've almost got by bag packed and ready to go....it's so sad...I do have a life....

Hi there, March 6th for me. So far I'm 1 week into the pre-op diet and I've already lost 13 lbs! But I'm so tired. How are you all doing?

Hi all.......everything in place, all the evals, and insurance is already approved being banded March 25, 2009! Can't wait absolutely have no reservations, is that bad?