Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your daily meals consist of?

How many calories do u intake a day?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many calories do u intake a day?

• 800 to 1,000 calories a day
    • 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day
    • 1,200 to 1,500 calories a day
    • I don't keep up with my calories.

Just wondering what you guys are eating daily so I can adjust my eating habits. Also how many times a day do you eat?

If you are eating something really good and have time. Give me the receipe.:confused:

Thanks,

Sarah

I eat when I am hungry, so it can vary during the day.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Grande white mocha non fat no whip

Midmorning: New whey Protein bullet

Lunch: nothing

Dinner: Baked salmon, steamed red potatoes and steamed broccoli with a pat of butter.

I am married and have my step-daughter living with us so I eat what I make for them for meals only smaller amounts. For example, I just went to the store so I have meals to make chili, beef strew, all kinds of things to make into salads, cottage cheese, eggs, Peanut Butter, tuna fish, etc. Sometimes I only eat a couple of tablespoons of cottage cheese or Peanut Butter with something for a meal.

For me it is the amount of food I eat and the amount of Protein that I pay attention to. I stress lots of Protein in my diet, i.e., 40 to 60 grams per day. I also eat vegetables and fruit along with lots of Water (up to 48 ounces a day).

I also struggle with what to eat. My doctor's office says to eat 1/2 cup of food along with a salad and some Soup (1/2 cup). I think the fills keep your honest with the amount you eat because you just cannot eat the quantity because of the band and the fills.

I eat what I feel like eating, when I'm hungry, which is usually 3 meals a day.

Yesterday we went to the Water park with the kids:

Breakfast: bowl of 9 grain high Protein Cereal

Mid morning: cup of coffee and a small choc chip cookie, a few potato chips

Lunch: about a cup in total of asian cabbage and noodle salad and a broccoli slaw that I'd made the day before.

Late afternoon: an ice cream

dinner: zucchini and leek Soup.< /p>

It was a high vegetable but lower Protein day yesterday! I dont count anything, and I dont do high protein but usually I'll have a piece of meat, chicken or fish for dinner.

I just started to have solids and can't wait for my first fill. I am basically watching calories and trying to make really good food choices. I am a cook and the following is how I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: vanilla protien shake

Lunch: 1 hash brown made in the oven (not the best choice)

Snack: imitation crab meat about 2 0z with a little dijonaise musturd spread over 1 slice whole wheat lowfat toast

dinner: 3 oz baked chicken with homeade lentil peas and about three tablespoons of steamed white rice. (I'm puerto Rican and will not loose the rice)

late evening snack 1 small 100 cal fat free popcorn.< /p>

Lot's of Water....

I try to eat 3 meals and two Snacks a day. I do not always get in my Snacks though. I eat pretty much anything I want, just in smaller quantities :confused:.

Today:

Breakfast: one scrambled egg with salsa

Snack: half an apple with Peanut Butter

Lunch: one cup of redbeans and rice

Snack: Some popcorn

Dinner: Half a porkchop and 3/4 cup of mashed potatoes with brown gravy.

Hi,

I have been banded for almost two years and am still learning that it is a tool. I was not paying attention to my Protein and wound up becoming malnurished and severly anemic. I felt lousy! So now I am back on track and paying attention.

Today- bkfst- egg beaters with 1oz cheddar, two pieces low cal bacon, one slice bread with added Protein (7g per slice)

Lunch- yogurt and 1/4c ricotta (with splenda and unsweetened baking chocolate)

Dinner- 3 oz pork, 1/2 c mashed califlower,small sweet potato

If I want a snack later I will have sugar free pudding or "ice cream sandwich" which is two chocolate graham crackers with 2tbsp of ff cool whip, I freeze them and it is sort of like an ice cream sandwich.

:confused:

I try real hard not to eat Snacks. My doctor is VERY against snacking. I do great with this all day. I work out after work for an hour, BUT I'm usually ravenous when I get home at 7:30. It usually takes me about an hour to prepare a healthy dinner, so that's my trouble time. I snack then. Usually cheese and crackers or chips. Not a good choice. Yesterday, my day consisted of:

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with vanilla slim fast, 4 oz. snack size cup of lowfat cottage cheese and 4 strawberries.

Lunch: 1/2 baked chicken breast, 5 slices of grilled Janpanese eggplant, 1 small navel orange.

Snack before dinner: a handful of chips

Dinner: 2 small pieces of pan fried fish and a small salad. 5 or 6 blackberries for dessert.

I try real hard not to eat Snacks. My doctor is VERY against snacking. I do great with this all day. I work out after work for an hour, BUT I'm usually ravenous when I get home at 7:30. It usually takes me about an hour to prepare a healthy dinner, so that's my trouble time. I snack then. Usually cheese and crackers or chips. Not a good choice. Yesterday, my day consisted of:

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with vanilla slim fast, 4 oz. snack size cup of lowfat cottage cheese and 4 strawberries.

Lunch: 1/2 baked chicken breast, 5 slices of grilled Janpanese eggplant, 1 small navel orange.

Snack before dinner: a handful of chips

Dinner: 2 small pieces of pan fried fish and a small salad. 5 or 6 blackberries for dessert.

I eat supper before I work out. It gives me more energy to workout and I don't have that starving feeling when I am done. I rehydrate the rest of the night with Water and crystal light drinks.

I range from 800 to 1200 most days, one day a week I will go around 1500 - it works.

I guess most mornings are oatmeal with natural Peanut Butter and soy milk instead of Water mixed in.

lunch is usually fish of some sort 3 oz or so with a little veggie

snack - sometimes thin and trim turkey and light swiss rolled in boston lettuce with a bit of miracle whip

dinner - fish again ( I love fish) and a bit of avocado and lemon squeezed on fish

oh and if I am feeling especially decadent I have the Mint Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich! Freaking awesome thank you very much.

sometimes some almonds during the day or yogurt - depending on my mood and hunger

Edited by babbs3772
because I can!

These are samples. I pretty much eat what I did pre-band just not as much, I focus on lean Protein and low processed carbs.

Breakfast: 1/4 cup eggbeaters with veggies, cheese, meat added to it.

OR

1/2 cup oatmeal cooked in 2/3 cup skim milk with berries or raisins added.

Lunch:

Salmon patty with mayo, shredded lettuce and diced Tomato on top.

OR

Diced chicken, lettuce tomato, shredded parm cheese rolled in 1/3 -1/2 slice of multigrain wrap bread with a little ceasar dressing.

OR

a small bowl of chile

Dinner:

Varies

A 2-3 ounce serving of lean meat and 1/2 cup serving of high Fiber colorful veggie and a serving of fruit if I want it...otherwise I have the fruit later in the evening.

babbs3772: Do you get hungry? As in your belly button nawing on your back bone or is it a mental appetite? I am pre banded and my eating habits when I am not dieting are "I don't have a chip or two, or a bag of chips, I have THE BAG of chips" if you remember what I mean? Thanks!!

I craved chocaltes and sodas. I love code red mountain dew. I still crave sodas. But I don't crave chocate as much.

When you were fat did you crave food or feel as if you were addicted to food? How does it differ now?

Breakfast- scrambled egg with 2oz butterball turkey sausage cut up into it. Cereal sometimes on the weekend if it is later in the morning.

Lunch- Lettuce with 2oz cottage cheese, red wine vinegar italian dressing (i make it w/the packet, use 1/2 the amt of oil and more vinegar and water); left over meat from dinner the night before-chicken or steak- 2oz of it.

Dinner- grilled steak 2oz or sauted 2 oz chicken cutlet (with capers and mushrooms or a little marsala to flavor, sometimes bake with breadcrumbs on top); 2-3 oz spinach, steamed broccoli or asapragus. Or lettuce w/dressing. I usually take the other half of the piece of steak or chicken and eat it for lunch the next day.

I also will have a "fried" egg (no oil or butter- in nonstick pan) with turkey sausage or a piece of lunchmeat ham for dinner sometimes because I am too tired to really cook. A little cottage cheese on the side.

My doc is against snacking too. I drink hot tea to get me through it for the most part. If I am working long hours I will have a string cheese or a couple pieces of lunch meat to tide me over. High Protein, lower carb and sugar. Just because it keeps me full longer....And I just don't feel that great when I eat refined carbs. Besides wine. I drink a glass or 2 a night. That is my weakness.