Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your daily meals consist of?

How many calories do u intake a day?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many calories do u intake a day?

• 800 to 1,000 calories a day
    • 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day
    • 1,200 to 1,500 calories a day
    • I don't keep up with my calories.

I have troubles keeping track of the calories, I do a daily journal of my food and wonder sometimes if i'm doing right, I'm going to show the nutritionist it and get her thoughts on my next appt. I've been having trouble with tightness in my throaght feeling lately and wonder if I need a tad taken out. anyway. for Breakfast usually oatmeal. lunch an Atkins Protein Shake or lean cuisine and supper a lean cuisine or a few bites of meat, bake potatoe and something green. and it is a struggle for me to eat solid foods no matter how much I chew... but I'm trying very hard to get the Protein in.. can someone tell me if this sample day menue seems like I'm getting the appropriate calorie intake? and what is your opinion on the lean cuisine as a meal, they seem to be higher in carbs but that seems to be all I can eat without having to gag. oh and a side note, seems my weight loss is on average 1 lb a week, that seems low to me. I was banded Sept 19, 09

Angie,

I use www.sparkpeople.com other people have used daily plate. They are free websites. If you go to spark people and register put in that I recomended you and search for my sparkpage. From there you can see my food log. It is a great thing and you can even put in recipes there to figure up the nutrients. I don't post on the boards there just because I have all the great people here for support.

Using an online food journal is the second best thing I've ever done for my weight loss!

Oh yeah, on spark people I am NURSEMOM5. That would help! :thumbdown:

Angie,

I was banded 12/3 and have yet to have a fill. I am averaging at least one pound a week and I am COMPLETELY ok with that. In my opinion slow and steady wins the race. So I think your one pound a week is WONDERFUL, keep up the good work!

I am not sure about the Lean Cuisines, but obviously you are doing something right you are losing!!!

Good luck with your appointment.

I eat whatever I'm hungry for and workout or run 6 times a week. The blessing of the band is I cannot overeat. today for exanple

Breakfast

Sasuage, egg & cheese biscut 1 instead of the 3 I would have had before the band

lunch

2 slices of pizza, instead of the whole pizza I would have had preband

dinner

1 Starkist tuna lunch kit and a candy bar. :thumbdown:

Even a little bit of an "unfill" helps. I had to have it done. I had the stomach flu and it really traumatized my band (my doctor's words). I had some Fluid taken out and it made all the difference. I was having trouble getting Water and even a Protein Drink down. You can always get a fill later when your weight goes down and you need another adjustment.

Mr. Ninner: You sound like a dude that has in down!!! Great for you!!! I am hoping to get banded this Spring and have about 200 pounds I want to lose. Pre-banded diet I have lost 15 in 15 days eating as if I were banded and it seems to work, appetite wise. I can certainly relate to the pre-banded eating habit you had. I too could eat a whole pizza or 2 or 3 McDonalds sandwiches. Stay on track and keep up the good work. I will keep an eye open for your posts. art, a friend of Jesus. agallegos@satx.rr.com

Edited by GordoNoMore
Address Needed

My doctor says to EAT meat....so you stay full longer but i havent had a fill since a few days before christmas and i have not lost a pound...going on the 4th to the dr. to see whats up i think the band is working b/c i cant eat alot of meat when i do eat.. well last week i tried doing it my way Protein Shake in the AM and eating lunch and Protein for supper and maybe beef stripes if im hungery and i lost 2 pounds so im thinking all that meat is not for me. anybody else have this problem?? thanks shannon i had my lapband done 8/2008 and lost ONLY 25 pounds

My doctor says to EAT meat....so you stay full longer but i havent had a fill since a few days before christmas and i have not lost a pound...going on the 4th to the dr. to see whats up i think the band is working b/c i cant eat alot of meat when i do eat.. well last week i tried doing it my way Protein shake in the AM and eating lunch and Protein for supper and maybe beef stripes if im hungery and i lost 2 pounds so im thinking all that meat is not for me. anybody else have this problem?? thanks shannon i had my lapband done 8/2008 and lost ONLY 25 pounds

I hate to go against your doctors instructions but you should be able to eat a variety of foods. Most of us are told to focus on protein but not that we need to make it our only nutritional source. How are you getting Fiber? You get that the healthiest way from fruits, veggies and whole grains and need it for proper digestion.

Are you tracking calories? You may not be getting enough especially since your diet is so limited, weight loss can stall if you don't eat enough because your body goes into survival mode and starts storing fat.

Are you getting enough Calcium? If you don't get enough your body tends to store fat but getting extra can actually help you lose weight.

You should have protein with every meal but it does not need to be meat...eggs, Cereal with milk, cheese, Beans and even some veggies have protein in it and are all very filling. My doctor and many here suggest about a 1-2ounce serving of lean protein (lean meat, Beans, dairy etc.) and 1/4 -1/2 cup of veggies, and if you are still hungry, a small serving of fruit or grains--eating in that order. All three meals should consist of solid food, liquids and mushies slip through the band so they don't keep you satisfied as long.

Edited by Jodi_620

Well,my work schedule really dictates how I eat. I start work at 5am :o. I usually snack on 2 low cal string cheese when I first get to work. At 7am we have a break and I will have a yogurt or a cup of maple brown sugar oatmeal. Then we have another break at 9am. Sometimes I'll have either a cup of pudding or a Fiber 1 bar. I've also discovered the Special K Protein Bars. lunch is at 11:30. Cottage cheese, lunchables(I usually can't eat it all) left overs. Lunch is very hard for me. I think it has something to do with rushing to much. We only get a half hour. Sometimes what I do get down and keep down produces sliming up to an hour afterwards :smile:. I get off work at 1:30 and home by 2pm. I have about 2/3 cup of pumpkin seeds, which I love and are filled with omegas and Protein. Sometimes dinner is just a bowl of cheerio's.(There's just me and my 3 dogs, so I dont' have to cook for anybody.)

I have also learned what DOESN'T work::wink:

cold chicken or reheated chicken

taco bell burrito supreme's

overcooked shrimp

any kind of meat that has been fried

THank GOd!!!!, I can do steak> Luv steak and don't have a problem with it at all, while it's brother, hamburger somedays are better than others. Yeah I still snack, but I try and do better than I used to. I buy those 100 calories Snacks and limit myself to 2 of them and not bag after bag. I weakness is still chocolate or candy. So far I've been good with Easter approaching, but I might have to get me a small bag of the Cadbury mini eggs. That is my normal day. Susan

i have always considered myself a chocoholic but drinking chocolate flavored Protein Shakes really helps cut back that craving for me. just got back from vacation and have gotten out of my daily routine so i have noticed cravings creeping up on me, but it's back on track

If you look in my signiture line you can go and look what I eat each day. But here is a list of stuff I have eaten so far

• <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">
1 Carb Reduced Sugar Tomato ketchup (Heinz) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 Tbsp
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> 8 Oz Water View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 8 oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> 98% Fat Free Turkey Hot Dog (Oscar Meyer) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 link
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Advantage chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (Atkins) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 Bar (60g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Bacon View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 2 slices
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> banana View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 large (8" to 8-7/8" long) (136g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Barbeque Pork (Barbeque Pork) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 5 ounces
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Beef With Broccoli (Chinese food Take Out) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 5.5 oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Blueberry Muffin (Betty Crocker) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Boneless Skinless chicken Breast (Tyson) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 4oz (112g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Brocolli (Birds Eye) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 cup
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Burger, Hamburger View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 3.5oz patty
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Butter, Salted View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 pat, 5g
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Calcium Caramel Chew (Viactive) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 chew
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Casa Meatballs (Sam's Club) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 5 meatballs
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Chicken Fajita (Sheetz) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 Fajita
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Chicken Fajita (Diet To Go) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 Container
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Chocolate Low Carb (Slim Fast) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 can
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Cool Whip Whipped Topping Extra Creamy (Kraft) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 9 g
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Cornbread Corn Muffin Mix (Jiffy) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/6 Package
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Crab Rangoon View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 piece
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Cream Of Mushroom Soup (Campbell's) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 125 mL condensed (1/2 cup)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Edamame And Goji (Seapoint Farms) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/4 cup
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Egg Yolks (EggBeaters) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/4 cup (61g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Fruit2o - Lemon (Kraft) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 8 Fluid Oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Homeade Peach Ice Cream View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/2 cup
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Instant Irish Oatmeal variety pack (McCann's) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 packet apples & cinnamon flavor
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Light cheese (Babybel) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 piece
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Light Italian-style Vegetable Soup (Progresso) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 cup (242g) Servings Per Container about 2
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Medium popcorn (AMC Movie Theatres) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/2 medium
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Multi- Vitamin For Women (Viactive) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 Chew
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Mustard Potato salad (HyVee) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/2 cup (124g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> New York Strip Steak View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 lb (453.6g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Nonfat Lite Yogurt (Yoplait) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 6 oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Peanut Butter Cup Minatures (Sugar Free) (Reese's) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 5 pieces (39 g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Pilsbury Moist Supreme cake mix - Butter Recipe (Pillsbury) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/12 Package (43g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Pinot Noir View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 5 oz (147g)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Plain Baked Potato (Wendy's) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 potato/10oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Potato salad View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Reduced Fat Natural Colby-jack (Sargento) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 slice
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Reduced Fat Pepper Jack cheese snack Pack (Cabot Vermont) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 piece (.75 oz.)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Russell Stover (Russel Stover) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 3 pieces
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Shrimp View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 4 oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Stuffed chicken Breast (Sam's Club) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 chicken
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> sugar free pudding (Jello) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 snack
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Sweet & Sour Chicken (Panda Express) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 order / 4 oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Table Bacon View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 2 slices (16grams)
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Tortilla chips (Chipotle) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 4 oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Traditional Spagetti Sauce (Prego) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1/2 cup
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Turkey Tenderloin (Wegmans) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 3oz
<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px"> Vegetable u0026 Noodle Light Soup (Progresso) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 cup (248g) Servings Per Container about 2
Yellow Mustard (Heinz) View this item »
-------------------
I ate this...
today | yesterday
-------------------

Servings: Serving size: 1 Tsp (5g)

Well I use to crave chocolate and ice cream. Well since Ive been banded I have not craved chocolate and when I do crave Ice Cream I just have some Blue Bell No sugar added ice cream about 2 tablespoons solves the craving. I think that 55% of it is mental and the 45% of it is the band. Once I made up my mind to get banded I realized that If I go against the band then I might as well have it removed. I made the choice to be banded no one forced me. I chose to make a change in my life and change usually require sacrifice. So do I smell/see a McDonald's quarter pounder and which I could have it..yeah. But then I look in the mirror and say...Nah its not even worth it, I look to good to turn around now:)