Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things You've Done Since Losing Weight

I started a thread about accepting the weight I've lost so far, and all the wonderful responses inspired this new thread. We've come a long way, BABIES, so let's list the things we do now, or the things we've accomplished since shedding some of what held us back before:

In one year, I've:

- Started & maintained French Lessons

- Started & maintained Guitar Lessons

- Got rid of all my useless exercise gizmos, dusty work-out tapes, exercise machines (aka clothes hangers) and gym memberships and have adapted to a NORMAL exercise program of walking, riding 10 speed, dancing, lifting some dumbells, hiking, SEX, and come winter, I plan to resume skiing (it's been 10 years.)

- Took motorcycle lessons, learned to ride one, and got my motorcycle license.

- Bought a Harley!

- Smile in pictures

- Stand in front of the group in pictures

- Made 100 new positive relations & ended a few dysfunctional ones

- Got the handbags I make into a Vegas boutique

- And as of Today, I am my own business owner!

There's lots more, but let's here from everybody, okay?

What a great topic! I haven't had much time yet, but I have more energy already and a better attitude. I can't wait to read from all the others...this will be such an inspiring thread! BTW, I've been wanting to tell you, DeLarla, I love the quote at the end of your signature. Cindy

I gave up my asthma habbit!

I can run for the bus without thinking about it!

I accepted a full ride scholarship, worth about $40K

I am teaching myself to draw.

Hmmm I havent had long either but :

I can walk to the shops now

I gave up smoking to get the band

I attend the kids school functions...I didnt before because I didnt want to embaress them

I am starting to have sex more often than once a month ....three times a month is an improvement right??? :)

I can buy clothes in the same size everywhere and not worry if its going to fit

I can tie my shoelaces, shave my legs and do all those things now without feeling like I am going to DIE doing it.

Putting it here in words makes me see in 4 short months and 35 pds later my life really has done a 360.

Its been almost three months to the day since I had my surgery. I have lost 41 pounds.

~I can walk into town without wanting to die. (about 2 miles there and back)

~I bought a boostay and actually wore it out!

~I wear clothes more comfortably now without worry about this roll and that roll hangin out.

~I am also teaching myself to draw.

~I dont think about food ALL THE TIME, and I can actually drive past a Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds without stopping.

~I can piggy back my son without my knees giving out.

~I have wwwwaay more energy and Im not laying on the couch all the time.

MY PLANS

~Learn to ride a motorcycle and get me a pair of chaps.

~More tattoos, but I want to wait till I lose more weight.

~Get a whole new wardrobe complete with boostiays and thigh high boots :)

~Be able to buy "Standard" Halloween costumes.

~Make my mental health - healthier, my relationships happier and that is by any means necessary. If I have to end unhealthy relationships I will. I gotta get myself in the right place before I do that though..so that is a goal...Make myself more stable financially ~ mentally..

~Live a complete and happy life with my son. Teach him and show him everything, and be able to do it without exhaustion or extra weight weighing me down..(both physical weight and other wise)

Thanks for this thread. Its been extreamly helpful for me!

TTYL

Great thread, Lisa!

Since being banded I have:

- dirty danced with strange men

- grown my hair out, well, I'm on my way anyway

- moved out of a bad living situation

- painted every wall in the little farmhouse where I live

- run. Yes, I can run now but my butt still flaps around...working on that!

- gone on as many dates in a weekend as I used to all year

- found peace with food. I now understand it is fuel and not just to make me feel better

- made some great friends on LBT and in real life

- become more understanding of other people who are obese- I no longer compare myself and have to put them down to make me feel better. I am much more compassionate.

- wear high heeled shoes

- gotten a new job, which I love

Megan

Havn't done it yet but for the first time in years I am really looking forward to my holiday ( I go in a month yippee) and not worrying about wearing a swimming costume on the beach or by the pool. That is such a wonderful feeling, also I have been able to buy lots of new clothes at very little cost, it is so much cheaper to buy smaller clothes than outsize. I am also able to walk for miles with my dogs now without stopping to catch my breath. Luxury !!!!

Gaynor

I went back to school

I go swimming in a decent looking suit without embarrassment

Play with my son without feeling like I will die from lack of oxygen

Improved my cooking skill/interest so whatever tiny bit I DO eat is fab!

That's all I can think of for now---

Awesome!

Here's one that offers too much information, but I have to say it. On a rare and special occasion, my hubby likes me to go without panties. I'm not thrilled, but he thinks it's sexy. There's no way in hell I would go without them before, but now for a cheap thrill I can toss some jeans on and go commando. This goes hand-and-hand with the "more sex" part.

My husband wanted sex all the time before I lost weight but I hated it. Now I'm all into it! I even started a whole new business based around sex, so he's finally getting his money's worth out of the marriage!

Since getting my band, i just feel so much better about myself,i'm doing things now, that u never wanted to do because i just felt out of place..

I got out to clubs with my friends and actually dance!

I buy sleeveless shirts and actuall ware them out

I bought a corset, and i looked HOT!

I go to the gym everyday

people who don't have to say that i look good, say it...makes me feel great!

i love my band, best decision i ever made!!!

iamcanadian25

Lets see here..

-Scuba diving; I was doing it before, but had cut WAY down, and would have likely stopped if not for the band and losing weight.

-dye my hair; I'd been dying it boring brown before (my natural color is mousy brown with little hints of grey >.<) now it's reds, and most recently burgundy (I did green in high school, but that's high school)

-wear makeup some days for no good reason

-quit wearing pajama pants out of the house. I used to wear them almost every day because the place I work doesn't care, but it turns out they looked horrible, lol. My sister made note of it when I quit wearing them. I wore some around because I was doing all my laundry one day, and boy, did I look fat, haha.

I know there is more, but that's all I can think of right now :)

DeLarla......

COMMON whats wrong with comando?? I LOVE IT! Panties are a big waste of time. I put them ON to sex it up a bit....Go figure...eheheheh Good for you for having such a business...Do tell!! You may have a new customer over here...:)