Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on the 28th woohoo!! A week ago tomorow, and my incisions are itching , it's driving me crazy. I was stitched internally and then glued on the outside. How long will I continue to itch? I see the doc on friday for my follow-up but I don't think he will make the itching go away. My mom says that the itching is sign of healing but it is driving me insane :( , hubby says I didn't have far to travel. Oh, I had mashed potatos today and they were the BEST mashed potatos on the planet, maybe because it has been almost 3 weeks since I have had real food? I could only eat about 1/2 cup and I was full, they went down no problems!! I had egg salad today too, not as good but it still resembled solid food. I understand what full feels like now and it is great to have my band~Mandy

I hope your follow up went well & that your itchies have subsided a bit. Soon after you are all healed up you can start with a little coco butter to help with the itches. Just make sure you are 100% completly healed before applying any coco butter.

Gald to see your doing well!

I too was stitched internally, it's only been 4 days since my surgery and I am already itching like crazy. And everyone tells me it's a sign of healing. Good luck with the itches!!!

I itched for a few days too...but all is better now! All the glue has fallen off except on one of the incisions! im feeling great now!

My itching is getting better. The worst place is my port incision that runs right through a stretch mark and it is driving me nuts. It is itching and still a bit sore. But everyday gets better and better, I just had loaded mashed potatos for an early lunch and they were really yummy~Mandy

Buffy - Unless you see signs of infection, once the hospital dressings are removed you should keep the incisions dry and uncovered. They'll heal faster that way. That's what my nurse told me anyway...

I have been having the itches too. And after I woke up one morning nearly ripping into my stiches in my sleep I have kept them covered where I cant get at them and then slowly removed the dressings as the itching subsides. I had a few little sticky-uppy end bits of stich that were the worst - so I just cut them off and feel much more comfortable now. I only have one dressing left, over my port, and a band-aid on the top one where my bra keeps rubbing it.