Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

I agree that it favors heavier people, and I think that's one of the reasons it bothers me so much that HELEN won. I think I wouldn't be so upset that Tara lost if only Mike beat her, because he had a LOT of weight to lose.

I was pretty sure Tara wouldn't win. The way they determine the winner is screwing IMO and favors those who start heavier.

Let's put it this way, if I had 100 lb. to lose and you had 150, then I could lose all 100 lb. and you could lose less than that and you'd still beat me.

I thought that was why they always say percentage of weight lost but I guess it wouldn't matter if one person lost more lbs like you are saying. They should say percentage of excess weight.

IMO, if they want to be truly fair and promote healthy living, they should go by body fat pecentage lost! Not just weight or overall weight percentage. The way it is now screws those that worked out harder (blue team) and yes I'm biased, I think Sione is HOT!!! hehe But really, how is it possible that white team dude won the at home, I know he's old and can't work out as much but loss of fat and increased muscle mass is more important then just lose of weight.

That whole falling below the yellow line is a bunch of garbage. People who lose over 10 lbs in one week should not be punished for not losing as much the next week when

they worked just as hard.

I thought that was why they always say percentage of weight lost but I guess it wouldn't matter if one person lost more lbs like you are saying. They should say percentage of excess weight.

Excellent, I totally agree! It has to be more fair for those who really workout harder.

IMO, if they want to be truly fair and promote healthy living, they should go by body fat pecentage lost!

Ooh, good idea!

This is quite an interesting backstory...

'Biggest Loser' Trainer Accused of Giving Drugs to Contestants

'Biggest Loser' trainer Jillian Michaels reveals why she and contestant Filipe Fa fought on screen -- he accused her of doping her team.

"Filipe said, 'I think Jillian is giving people drugs.' We had an entire 'Kenneth Starr' investigation. Because the minute someone makes that claim, you have to. They didn't shut down production, but it took a week. I was so furious, so disgusted. I felt so betrayed," Michaels told TV Guide.

Filipe had been working with Michaels' co-trainer Bob Harper. But when producers forced everyone to switch, things got a little ugly.

"Filipe didn't want to train with me," Michaels said. She then refused to work with him, herself.

"When he said, 'You didn't train me," I said, 'You're damn right I didn't train you!' I literally couldn't speak to him," she admitted.

Fa tells a different story. "We had some issues, obviously, with us switching teams. There was never an accusation about her giving drugs," the Season 7 contestant said.

However, executive producer Mark Koops backs up Jillian's story. "The accusation came from Filipe," Koops affirmed.

After an investigation into the allegations, all the contestants were found to be clean and Michaels was cleared of any wrong-doing.

Biggest Loser Drug Scandal

This is quite an interesting backstory...

Biggest Loser Drug Scandal

Wow, that really is interesting. Talk about being a poor sport. If the allegations had proved true, I'd have been the first to condemn Jillian. But, I'm glad they didn't find anything. And, if Filipe is going to back pedal and deny he made the charges, I really don't like him. At least admit he made a mistake or was being a dum ass

What a crock! First to make such an accusation, and then to not even admit it...he's definately off my list of favorite contestants.

Yeesh - talk about a sore loser! Just because HE couldn't hack it with Jillian as his trainer...

He's had his 15 minutes of fame, now it's time to move on...let's see how HE does in getting his friends and family to adopt a healthier lifestyle and when he's had the success that Jillian has worked so hard for, THEN maybe he can comment on her methods.

So far, her results speak for themselves...:frown:

He's had his 15 minutes of fame, now it's time to move on...let's see how HE does in getting his friends and family to adopt a healthier lifestyle and when he's had the success that Jillian has worked so hard for, THEN maybe he can comment on her methods.

Not that I'd wish it on anyone, but I have a strong suspicion the cousins are going to have a hard time of it -- if not outright fail -- because, let's face it, where others may have a family who needs to lose weight, they have an ENTIRE COMMUNITY which revels in being fat. They've adopted it as part of their culture.

I'm having "Biggest Loser" withdrawals.......Does anyone know when the new season starts?

The website says a new Biggest Loser: Couples (Season 8) returns this Fall. I'm guessing it will start sometime in August.

They just announced yesterday that they are officially casting for Season 9.

I'm having "Biggest Loser" withdrawals.......Does anyone know when the new season starts?

I few months ago I downloaded Seasons 1 - 6, and I'm up to Season 5 right now (I've watched bits and pieces in the past, but never a full season until this one). I think I would be in withdrawal if I didn't have all this catching up to do! I wish I didn't know who won Season 5 though--it kind of skews my view of the entire season.

Has anyone caught the commercials for the new season starting on Sep 15th? I saw the first one last night. It shows Dan from last season saying he still had a ways to go & another girl that I didn't know saying they were getting a 2nd chance. I thought that was pretty cool because I liked Dan. Does the girl that knows Dan from the gym she works out at have any inside news on this? I am ready for the new season!

I know where my but will be on Sept 15th....I found this clip on Dan

In last season's "The Biggest Loser: Couples," Daniel was the heaviest contestant in the history of the show, weighing in at 454 pounds. He lost 142 pounds by the May 12 finale, getting him down to 312 pounds. In keeping with the "Second Chances" theme of Season 8, Daniel is returning to the Biggest Loser ranch to continue his weight-loss journey.

Daniel is an intellectual and caring person with an extraordinary character and positive attitude towards life. He always strives to do his best in everything he does. He hopes to one day be a youth pastor.

I think its great hes getting another shot, for some reason I'm thinking some may disagree with that, but for now I think its great