Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

We focus on Mike and Tara, but I think Helen is sneaking under the radar a bit. She has a very legitimate chance to win this thing.

Just sayin'

:thumbup:

Oh, and if Mike had kept Kristin instead of Helen, he would likely have won. How about that?

Oh, and if Mike had kept Kristin instead of Helen, he would likely have won. How about that?

I wonder if he has even thought about that?

Team Blane and Dane are trying hard to get that fake half marathon off the table. Overcompensate much?

Well they both just did the Wildflower Long Course which is harder than some Ironman courses so they have my respect for that.

What a show!

Nicole looked amazing - agree with the rest of y'all on that...

Helen surprised me - though I agree she looks a bit TOO thin right now - especially in her face.

Tara looked wonderful - and I think she was only off by 5 pounds or so...

Mike looked great - and so happy!

And where the heck did Allison put that baby weight? Dang - she was looking REALLY good for the show.

Jerry is an inspiration - to come so far from where he started...but I agree that he did look a bit older without the "fluff" filling his face out. His wife also looked great - I want that black-and-white dress she was wearing when they were introduced!:smile2:

I missed the first hour of the show, but I think I only missed the white and red teams being weighed in, and Ron being kicked out of the final 3 (Yes!).

Jerry looked disgusting. He looked like he just happened to get sick for the months that he was at home. I'm glad he lost the weight, but he looks so bad.

I was REALLY surprised about Joelle's results. I had a feeling Carla would continue on her own, but I really thought Joelle would give up and gain back the little bit of weight she had lost at the ranch. In the back of my mind I didn't even expect her to show up at the finale.

I felt really bad for David, I think that's either the same or less weight than he lost before he left the ranch. Daniel looked really good! I have to say I'm glad he's still a little chubby and didn't get rail thin for the finale--it makes it at least seem that he's trying to go about weight loss in a healthy and realistic manner, and he'll probably have a better chance to keep it off, if so.

I was also really surprised at how much Ron lost, that was another one that I thought would start gaining weight back when he went home. Now I'm thinking that the finale was enough reason for him to keep going, but now that it's over, I really don't think he'll keep it off again. Everytime he says that "it's a new lifestyle" blah blah, I just get the impression that he doesn't really believe it and he's just saying what he's supposed to for the camera.

Mike looked really good! I didn't want him to win, but I was pleasantly surprised how well he did at home. I thought his dad may drag him down.

I almost cried when I saw Tara lose. 6 pounds. I have only seen the finales for about 3 or 4 other seasons, but I don't remember any of the others being SO CLOSE at the finale! Mike lost by 4 pounds, Tara lost by 6 pounds. How crazy is that!

Helen did look a little too thin, her arms and torso just aren't proportioned well when she's that thin. I hope she gains just a little bit back to make her look healthy again, and I'm mad that she won, but I'm still happy she did it.

So when does the next season start? :-)

I agree with everyone about Jerry and Helen. They looked rather old. Tara did look much healthier.

Joelle and Carla looked good.

Nicole looked great and so did Jerry's wife, that dress was cute. The sisters (Aubry and Mandi) looked okay, I think Mandi is still struggling.

Kristen, well, I didn't recognize her. I think she looked good, too.

Dane and ??? were okay. Felipe and Sione were okay. Nicloe's boyfriend did okay, didn't look like he had lost anymore than he did when he was voted off.

I was excited to see David, he looks so good, I hope that he keeps it up. Kinda felt sorry for Daniel. I hope that he does better.

Mike looked great, glad that he didn't win.

Tara, I think thought that she had it in the bag, I don't think that she expected Helen to lose that much.

I tried to vote for the two girls last night and couldn't get thru, but Amanda won and that's who I wanted to win.

Ok ... am I the only dork who thought to themselves last night "Damn I wish I had taken a picture each week so I could do one of those cool picture morf sildeshows"

Ok ... am I the only dork who thought to themselves last night "Damn I wish I had taken a picture each week so I could do one of those cool picture morf sildeshows"

Absolutely not - I'm starting immediately so I'll be able to do the same thing!:smile2:

HEHEHEHE, well I hadn't thought about it before, but I sure am NOW! Though for us it would probably be as worthwhile to do one a month since we don't lose as much per week as they do.

The one thing I DID do which helped me out (and dangit for not having done it all along) was got my before measurements from my doc's office when I went for my fill yesterday.

Granted, they don't measure all the stuff I do, but I got the basics -- hips, waist, bust, arms, legs, neck. By adding those numbers to my start measurements, and then taking another set yesterday, I am down 53.25 inches -- 3/4 of an inch from 4 1/2 FEET!! And I don't miss even a centimeter of any of it. So there! :smile2:

The one thing I DID do which helped me out (and dangit for not having done it all along) was got my before measurements from my doc's office when I went for my fill yesterday.

Granted, they don't measure all the stuff I do, but I got the basics -- hips, waist, bust, arms, legs, neck. By adding those numbers to my start measurements, and then taking another set yesterday, I am down 53.25 inches -- 3/4 of an inch from 4 1/2 FEET!! And I don't miss even a centimeter of any of it. So there! :tt2:

Go Beth! :ohmy::w00t::wub:

I think I'll ask for my measurements as well - I don't have a fill scheduled right now, since I have good restriction, but I can call / email them for the measurements.

Good idea! :smile2:

I was on vacation and assumed I'd be able to watch it, DH taped it just in case, so first we find that our satelitte at the cabin doesn't pick up local networks so when we got home yesterday as soon as we unpacked we went to watch.....we saw everything up until Jerry won and poof the tape cut off :laugh: so disappointing. I went to the site and theres little quips that Helen had gotten down to 117 and the show had her put back on 20 lbs.....I don't know how people know these things unless they live near the contestants. I guess I will see the finale on hulu tomorrow hopefully