Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

Don't get me wrong I know Laura need rehab...I have had so many surgeries for breaks that I did most of my own rehab last time. I just can't see that the show wouldn't of taken excellant care of her thre. If I had been her sending me home probably would of been a bad thing I'd of been sneaking and exercising. On the ranch at least they would know what she was doing. I understand where all of you are coming from though but even if they weren't in it for the money and they just want to stay as long as possible next week it could be Kristin who sends then home.....Maybe its my competitive side here

I took it to mean she had to be major years younger than Ron....would be interesting to know what he meant

Ron said he was 352lbs at 15 years old, and so he hadn't seen 300lbs since before that. That's when Mike said "Mom wasn't even alive then" which means Mom wasn't alive to see Ron at 300lbs, so Mom is probably 15 years (give or take) younger than Ron.

And, when Kristen said, "Don't be cowards" that would have sent me over the edge and I'd have put her name down without hesitation.

...like she was more deserving than laura cause she really needs to lose more - she's not looking to be in a bikini (slam on laura's ex model life in MO), just be healthy.

reminded me of the stupid thread here if those 200lbs or less deserve to have the lapband......so the super mobidly obese gets to decided how an obese person should handle their health.....

ok that was my tangent.

this is my first ron slam post. your going to tell me that the BL campus doesn't have a quality physical therapy component? laura HAD to go because of that - NO, he wanted her gone to even out the numbers....kristin was the bigger threat. laura could have rehab'd there, maybe not lost much and likely would have fallen below the line, but they SHOULD have gotten rid of the bigger threat when they could have - knowing laura could be voted out shortly.

ron also strong armed his son on voting out laura too.

tara just rocks & the rest....eehh

And again, the game play just doesn't make sense in this cycle. Rule #1: take down a threat when you get the chance (I'm looking at YOU, RobNAmber Survivor cycle losers!). Kristin is still a threat and can still lose 100 lbs or so, and Laura is on bed rest. WHY do you send the one who cannot compete home?

Dumb. I hope Mike gets voted out soon, because if the boy had the .....guts..... to stand up to his dad he would have voted the right way.

Max is in need of some serious therapy. I feel sorry for the boy. "I'm the big one" says a lot about how that family interacts.

I'm getting really tired of how at EVERY SINGLE CHALLENGE Ron will start it, then just stop, saying "Oh, I'm so far behind, I can't do it anyway, I'll just stop now, no point in even trying to finish..." At least most people TRY to finish what they start on this show, even if they know they lost.

I think I have a pretty good idea of how Ron is losing weight without working out as hard as the others. This show is loving ragging on his bypass, saying how it failed him, etc. BUT I hope you all remember when they were showing his xrays and the doctor said that his pouch is still intact/still the size of an egg or whatnot. Hello! His bypass is still functional! The difference now is that he has to eat healthier while at the ranch. I'm surprised none of his fellow contestants have realized this. He's finally losing weight because he's eating healthier and the bypass is probably doing its job now.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

i think you can eat your way around ANY wls & you can be successful eating right & exercising - so yeah, i think his bypass is working now because he's in a healthier environment.

as far as not completing tasks (ron & kristin) - i wouldn't let them have a vote in who stays & who goes......no play, no say.

Mike's brother Max is breaking my heart.

"I'm the big one now." :wub:

It took all I had not to cry along with him.

I felt sorry for Max but at the same time I felt a bit disgusted because he's so into self-pity he actually looked like he resented his brother's success. On a purely human/emotional level I can understand that but still... if you love someone, you should Celebrate their success--not compare how their success makes you an even worse failure. It's that kind of mentality that probably holds him back in life as well as weight loss.

I still dislike Ron. Honestly, I think Ron kept Kirstin, not because he thought she was a potential threat to Mike, but because without Kirstin, his alliance is gone and he knew without her vote, if he or Mike fell below the yellow line, they would definitely get sent home.

Felipe voted off Laura on a purely emotional front because she sent his cousin home the week before. If he had been thinking straight, he would have sent Kirstin home since that would break up Ron's alliance.

Kirstin, why the hell are you still there? You need to go home because I'm tired of seeing you on TV.

I know Mike deserved the compliments he got from his mother and all but it was a major sting to hear her say he was the total package now in front of Max........they showed a clip of Mike supposedly not getting along with daddy dearest or understanding the weight issue that dad didn't do anything about which has me curious but it will probably turn out to be about something else......I can see Mike helping Max but I don't see Ron doing much other than gaining back the weight when its all over. If your a game player thats cool why they can't see through him I don't get.

Drives me nuts that hes still there I so want to see Mike grow a set after last night. The makeover wa great but he needs to grow his own

Ron will probably gain a bunch of weight the minute he leaves the ranch. He's only losing now because they are forcing him to eat right and exercise. He said he's been really heavy his entire life, so I don't believe the amount of time on the ranch will be enough to change life long eating and exercise habits.

Ron reminds me so much of my FIL...it just creeps me out to watch him each week. My hubby was so much like Mike, looking up to his dad with blinders on. Even though hubby knew his dad had faults, he "loved" him so much he had rose colored glasses when it came to his dad. Not until his 40's did my husband start seeing his dad for what his is, master manipulator, selfish bast***d. He finally has seen that he's been enabling his dad all these years, he might not have agreed with his dad but he never said anything and by that silent agreement, his dad took it to mean that he condoned his behavior. I hope Mike and Max wake up sooner than my hubby did.

It will be interesting to see what really goes down between Mike and Ron next week.

...like she was more deserving than laura cause she really needs to lose more - she's not looking to be in a bikini (slam on laura's ex model life in MO), just be healthy.

reminded me of the stupid thread here if those 200lbs or less deserve to have the lapband......so the super mobidly obese gets to decided how an obese person should handle their health.....

ok that was my tangent.

this is my first ron slam post. your going to tell me that the BL campus doesn't have a quality physical therapy component? laura HAD to go because of that - NO, he wanted her gone to even out the numbers....kristin was the bigger threat. laura could have rehab'd there, maybe not lost much and likely would have fallen below the line, but they SHOULD have gotten rid of the bigger threat when they could have - knowing laura could be voted out shortly.

ron also strong armed his son on voting out laura too.

tara just rocks & the rest....eehh

I have to say I totally agree...100%!!

It will definately be interesting to see what the conversation will be about, but I'm sure they are just building it up for us an it will probably be much about nothing. Just like when I forgot who got on the scales and they showed everyone looking shocked and here I am thinking gosh, she must have gained a ton or lost nothing and when they came back from commercial, they had lost I think 7 pounds, I think it was Helen, right?

I tend to agree with Angelyo about the gastic bypass helping Ron. I never see him doing a lot. They just show bits and pieces of him exercising. I so dislike him.:)

Don't get me wrong I know Laura need rehab...I have had so many surgeries for breaks that I did most of my own rehab last time. I just can't see that the show wouldn't of taken excellant care of her thre. If I had been her sending me home probably would of been a bad thing I'd of been sneaking and exercising. On the ranch at least they would know what she was doing. I understand where all of you are coming from though but even if they weren't in it for the money and they just want to stay as long as possible next week it could be Kristin who sends then home.....Maybe its my competitive side here

The great thing is that the show provided her with physical therapy care, and at the end of the show she said she has continued to lose weight. So overall, I think it worked out for the best for her.