Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

it's still a television show, no need to take it so seriously.

yup, it's a TV show that has been edited ... how do you know he's soooooo dreammmmmmy ? hmmmmmmmmmmm?

why r u ladies being so hateful? seriously do u hear yourselves? i made a comment and u people jumped down my throat. what the hell, i thought this was just a fun friendly tread about biggest loser.

gamyj - you made your opinion known to us, and we responded with our opinion. I don't see any hostility here except from you. Notice none of us felt the need to use profane language when addressing you...

Anyway, if I've said it once, I've said it a 1,000 times "If the ambience in the room doesn't suit you, I've heard it's really nice somewhere over the rainbow." :smile2:

why r u ladies being so hateful? seriously do u hear yourselves? i made a comment and u people jumped down my throat. what the hell, i thought this was just a fun friendly tread about biggest loser.

Excuse me, but I haven't jumped down your throat at all! Nor did anybody else, for that matter. Sounds to me like you're overly sensitive or hormonal.

No need to get snarky in here ladies!!!!

There's something undesirable about everyone in the house. It's just whether the BL editors want to include it or not. Last season they had a Field Day with Vicki, but she wasn't the only one being that manipulative - she's just the one they picked to show being that way. Daniel (this season - Orange team) told me Vicki watched herself the way she was portrayed on BL and needed therapy because of how much that show skewed things to make her look so evil. So I don't believe everything I see, and I definitely don't take things at face value.

There's something undesirable about everyone in the house. It's just whether the BL editors want to include it or not. Last season they had a Field Day with Vicki, but she wasn't the only one being that manipulative - she's just the one they picked to show being that way. Daniel (this season - Orange team) told me Vicki watched herself the way she was portrayed on BL and needed therapy because of how much that show skewed things to make her look so evil. So I don't believe everything I see, and I definitely don't take things at face value.

Wow - that's definately a revelation for me...Vicki was one of my least favorite contestants on BL, and I'm a bit surprised that she needed therapy after the show because of the way she was portrayed.

Hmmm...guess I'll not be taking what I see on the show too seriously from this point forward. I often wondered if she (or the other contestants I disliked) knew how their behavior would be portrayed on national TV and if they ever regretted things said or done.

It's unfortunate that they show sees fit to manipulate the 'reality' portion of the show to elevate the drama and make things more 'juicy'. Too bad...:smile2:

No need to get snarky in here ladies!!!!

I dunno, maybe she didn't realize she was that way. Though they can cut and edit WHAT is said, they don't make the people say these things -- like Sinone's big baby temper tantrum. I don't care how that was edited, he still acted like a sphincter.

^Vicki was upset because she didn't think she was that bad. She said that every bad thing she ever said during the whole season was put on-air, yet things her husband said during interviews that was equally bad was omitted. Heba/Ed (who are also some of my Raleigh peeps) were equally as manipulative in the end, especially Heba, but that didn't get shown on TV either.

Yeah when Daniel told me that about Vicki, I guess I wasn't too terribly surprised. I mean, I've seen the Real World enough times to know that producers of reality TV like to pick and choose certain conversations to skew things one way or the other. I had hoped BL would be different, but that Vicki/Brady drama was money for them.

Daniel also told me that during the interviews, the people who were interviewing them would say, "So-and-so told us that you didn't like whats-his-face because of such-and-such. Is there any truth to that?" They'd try to get the contestants to talk badly about one another on camera that way. And the fact is, so-and-so never actually said anything like that, but they tell the contestants they did just to see what kind of drama they can stir up. I don't know how true it is, but it seems like the kind of thing reality TV producers would do to ensure drama.

That being said, there isn't anyone in the house right now that I actually despise. I think Ron has a big heart and wants to do what's best for his son, even if it means "playing the game" and being manipulative. And the cousins Sione and Filipe were just pissed off that BL made them switch trainers. And honestly, if I was on the treadmill for 2+ hours and my trainer (Jillian) ignored me and worked with everyone else, I'd be pissed off too, and likely throw a tantrum to get my point across. And I still think Tara is a beast and deserves to win it all just cuz she's the bomb. :smile2:

And honestly, if I was on the treadmill for 2+ hours and my trainer (Jillian) ignored me and worked with everyone else, I'd be pissed off too, and likely throw a tantrum to get my point across. And I still think Tara is a beast and deserves to win it all just cuz she's the bomb. :smile2:

You know, now that you put it that way, I would be pissied as well. I know my competitive side would have kicked in and I would have lost it.

Plus, I know me. I tend to bottle things up for awhile. However, when i finally lose it, I BLOW, then I'm back to normal quickly. Add in the adrenaline from working out and I can see where that episode could come from.

You know, now that you put it that way, I would be pissied as well. I know my competitive side would have kicked in and I would have lost it.

Plus, I know me. I tend to bottle things up for awhile. However, when i finally lose it, I BLOW, then I'm back to normal quickly. Add in the adrenaline from working out and I can see where that episode could come from.

ha...LOL

i cant' let anything fester - i would not have waited 2hrs on the treadmill. i would have tapped ms thing on the shoulder and said it's my turn.......but those boys created the drama for her (jillian) not to give a shit about training them when they first had their crying session out in the courtyard.

whaaaaa i miss bob - cry baby men are a big turn off.

re vicki - i think the producers realized like many of us that she was a bitch & probably did take advantage of her.....but she was a bitch none the less & therapy was probably a good thing - she finally got a chance to see herself the way many did & wanted to do something about that.

A little about tomorrow's show:

Tomorrow night's Biggest Loser is one for the show's history books! A high-calorie temptation gives way to a feeding frenzy where one lucky player wins control of the game. Whoever finds the "golden ticket" hidden somewhere in 100 covered trays of cupcakes, donuts and chips will be the one and only judge at this week's elimination. But does this prize come at a price? How many calories will the players rack up trying to find the ticket? And how hard will it be for the winner to send someone home?

From the start, tension and fear fill the house as furious Ron Morelli and son Mike vow to exact revenge on the players who tried but failed to send Ron home last week. Broken alliances, betrayal--some players whisper that it feels like a scene from The Godfather with Don Ron!

The famed Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena is the site for this week's grueling physical challenge: contestants must run up and down more than 2,000 stairs in the stadium's bleachers. Whoever comes in first and second place must then turn around and do it again!

Trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels, angry at players' indulgences at the temptation, push them in the gym, but for some mighty competitors, it may not be enough to keep them above the yellow line. Oh, and be sure to look for a surprise appearance from a svelte father-daughter team from Season 6!

Sounds like it is going to be an interesting show tomorrow.

OMG i can't wait! i think Tara needs to make the move to be the judge, cuz i think she'd be the one to vote off since she's the biggest threat!

Jaime - question for you to ask Dan - ask him if the trainers (Bob & Julian) tries to influence them on who to vote off? Just curious.

Jaime - question for you to ask Dan - ask him if the trainers (Bob & Julian) tries to influence them on who to vote off? Just curious.

Sunshine - I've heard whispers during the "goodbye" hugs from the trainers before the decision time every week after weighing in, but sometimes they don't listen.

It will be interesting to see if they try and influence this week's vote as well, or if they try to play peacemaker with Ron, Mike and the rest of the group...