Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

Well hello everybody. I have not been on because my computer at home bit the dust. The tech called it the "blue screen of death" so...

Since I have been filled I have not lost a pound. Not a one. I am trying to step up the excercise and be very concious of my intake because obviously something is not working. I want to get frustrated but I know that I can do more to make this work. I actually have been able to eat larger quantities since I got the fill????? Anyway I go back on the 12th for another fill so we will see...

Theresa - 32LBS!!!! Amazing and inspiring! Good for you:thumbup:

Cher - I voted for ya:wink2: Good Luck!

Adamsmom - how are things?

Well, I went to yhe doctor today and I had lost 1.6 pounds in the last 10 days giving me a total weight loss of 30.2 pounds! He told me no fill for now and he would see me in 6 weeks but if I found I was having trouble controlling what I am eating to call back and he would give me a fill. So far I am pretty happy.

Cherbear- I went in and voted:thumbup: I loved your selection.

Hello Everyone,

First and foremost I would like to thank the ones who did vote for me. 2nd I so finally got my Van back from the shop YAY!! I was with out a vehicle for 2 weeks. My Cat is doing better but now has something else going on and is sneezing all the time with icky eyes. So they changed his antibiotics last night. Poor Cat he has gone a lot lately. Ok, I seen Dr Garcia today for my fill and since I was there last month I lost 3 lbs. He told me that was good for not havng a fill and that I should not to get dicourged. I told him I am not discourged and that I am fully aware this will take time. I am happy with myself at this point. My fill was very painless and quick. He filled me 1.5 ML and told me if I get stuck then try not to eat solids for 24 hours. But to aviod that I told him I have decide to eat just soft foods for 24 hours. He did not object to that. He also told me that I may only feel a restriction for like a week maybe less. Well I will let everyone know when I no longer feel a restriction.

Amymoe, I am with you... since my fill I have not

lost a lb either. Cherbear and Burrygirl you guys are

doing great!!! I go for my next fill on Tuesday so I

am hoping that will pick up the speed and get me

to start moving again.

Adamsmom, I hope all is well with you and your son.

This is my daughters first year in middle school, although

she is not autistic it is brutal so I can only imagine how

hard it must be for him. I never remember kids being

so mean when I was growing up I hope things work

out for him.

My computer just sent me an e-mail that a response

had been made, I had not gotten anything since last

Tuesday.. anyone else having this problem??

Hope evereyone has a great day :-)

Hello,

I had my first experience today getting stuck and boy let me tell you that is soooo uncomfortable. I just chased it with Water and was ok. The food that got stuck on me was a noodle and then a piece of beef. I think I did not chew it well enough. I sure will be more careful next time.

YES tha has happened to me as well... I need to focus on chewing better and not drink as much when I eat.. I think I am using that to fix my lacking of taking my time :)

I FINALLY figured out how to upload pitchures... As some of you know we had six puppies, lost one and I posted 3 pics of my new babies!! I hope this works.

post-254983-13813138173821_thumb.jpg

Hello, ladies, I haven't been on in so long. Things have gone from bad to worse. On the 17th, I was told my job was safe, then on Monday this week, I was told I would be laid off at the end of the school year. :o On Wednesday, my principal announced to the entire faculty in front of me that I had been laid off. She never told me she was going to do this. I was so humiliated. I left the room, went into my office, and collapsed into a heap of tears. I cried and cried all night long, and never slept. My principal felt the teachers should know so they could rally for me before the School Board and try to get my job back, but she had no right to do that, she could have asked me.

This is absolutely devastating to me and my family. If I can't find another job comparable to what I have now we will lose our home for sure. :wink: I am now frantically job hunting so that I have something to go to after my job ends. There are no school district jobs in California because our government totally screwed the budget, so I'm applying to teach at four local community colleges, either in English or reading. So this weekend, I have been updating my resume, gathering letters of recommendation, and trying to put on a good game face. I have no emotional energy for this, but what choices do I have?

The court trial for the child abuse case I reported last year has had 3 continuances since the DA first contacted me. Finally I was all set to appear in court this coming Monday, the 2nd. I got a call at 4:45 yesterday afternoon that there has been yet another continuance, and I have to wait to find out the next court date. My stomach lurched again. I am so scared of the guy I have to testify against. I hope they convict him because if he gets off he may come looking for me.

My son is still struggling and we're fighting to get him into a school for kids with Asperger's Syndrome, but the school district doesn't want/can't pay for the private school tuition. Meanwhile, we're racking up a fortune in lawyers fees to try to make this happen because my kid is miserable and I can't stand to see him suffer like this. His psychiatrist wrote a letter for us and his therapist is writing one too. With these two recommendations that Adam is placed in this private school, I think I can sway the district because they would not want a possible law suit that something like this could bring.

I have been very headachey and nauseous--vomiting for the first time since surgery, but I think it's stress. Also, this website is now blocked from my school district's computers so I can only check in when I'm at home. I need a fill so badly because I can eat way too much! Then other days, I have 3 bites and I want to puke, like the food gets stuck and can't go down. My fill date is next Friday, the 6th. I can't wait!

Congrats to those of you who have lost weight--I have maintained and am still at 21 pounds total, or 17 since surgery.

Baylee, those puppies are just too cute! Thanks for posting the pictures. I just love animals, all animals.

Cherbear, sorry for not voting for you. I hwould have if I'd been online. Sorry about your cat, too. My oldest cat has something similar, so I took Tomkin to the vet this afternoon and he too started antibiotics for a snotty nose and a cough. Don't you just hate it when they sit on your lap , sneeze, and then fling snot all over! YUCK!!! I think it's bacterial because my other two cats and my dog are all healthy. Tomkin is almost 17 so he's a little weaker than the yournger animals.

Adamsmom, my heart goes out to you. What your principal did, with good intentions, must have been devastating. I can't imagine going through something like that. I really admire you for pushing through and getting your ducks in a row to find another job. I am sure you will be successful in your job search.

It is so hard to see our children (especially those with special needs) have to experience adversity. We are programmed to protect them. I wish you the best in getting him in the private school he needs. Keep him close and keep assuring him that the issues he is going through are temporary and junior high kiddos are vicious. I don't know why this age has become so tumultuous in recent years.

Your stress level has got to be off the scale but you sound like a strong person and I'm sure you will overcome these temporary stressors. Prayers to you and your family that there will be a resolution to them.

Adamsmom, I am so SORRY to hear your news :wink: I do not even know what to say.... IT sucks that we can bail out the auto industry and not our school systems, that are our future!!! I am sure you will find a GREAT new job to go with the great new you. Be positive and confident and I am sure

all will work itself out.. look at all that you have accomplished this year already. As for your son, I truly

hope that everything works out for him. Life is hard enough and I will keep him in my thoughts !

Adamsmom, I am Sorry that your going through some tough times right now, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Like Burgygirl said you do seem like a strong individual. You will get throught this. Life always seems to throw thoes curv balls at you when your least expecting it. Just know I will be here for you as much as I can, even though you are distant, I will listen while you vent. Sometimes thats all a person needs. So you more than welcome to email me in private. BTW, Thanks for wanting to vote, but I do understand you have alot going on and your family is more important than getting on here. I hope things turn out for the better for you and you family.

Hey Everybody! Well no new news here. I have not been able to replace my computer at home so I have to wait till I get to work. I am going to have to find a way to get a new computer because the whole family relies on it!

I still have not lost. But the upside is I haven't gained!! I am excercising hard and trying to get back on track with my eating. It is not so much the quantity but the quality.

Adamsmom - wow. I sure wish that I had something smart or clever to send you way but I don't. You sound very qualified and I hope that one of those colleges snatches you up, and good for you for getting your ducks in a row now. You will be that much ahead of all the others. My prayers are out there for you. For your son. For your cat. You sure do have a lot on your plate right now, so I will be any help that I can to you.

In our area we are in deep S*$#!! The great governor Bill Ritter did a number on our area and the majority of our oil and gas has pulled out. They estimated that the Western Slope of Colorado had already lost 3 Billion this year!! We are scraping by, but if things don't pick up in the next few months we will probably lose everything. We have 12 employees and they have been great about no overtime, no purchases, etc. Every person has suffered. Restraunts, shops, mechanics are closing and our schools will suffer since these big companies have contributed to and actually built schools in this area. My heart is broke that so many of my friends are losing their lively hood. I keep telling myself that this is not the time to regress to my old bad behavior. I would only feel worse if I spent 10k on this then blew it.

Whew, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Everyone is suffering here so much that I just don't talk about it.

LOVE, LOVE the puppies!! I would have a million if I could!

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is hanging in in there. These are tough times and stress like this is probably what got me to a place where I needed a lap band in the first place. Thank you for allowing me to vent my stress and frustrations here. Tomorrow, I am going for my first fill. ABOUT BLOODY TIME! I will write and let you know how it goes.

Adamsmom, I have had you and your family in my thoughts! I wish you the best of luck tomorrow, it is not as bad as I had thought. :cursing: I go for my second fill on the 23rd, had to reschedule due to the snow, I am trying to keep my mouth shut as I am STARVING.