Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded on January 13th?

I ate food! OMG I ate food!:) I saw my PA at the support group meeting today and he said I could have anything pureed. I had pureed rotiserie chicken breast, pureed brocolli and carrots and mashed potatoes. My entire meal was about 2/3 of a cup, and looked gross, but it was delicious, went down fine, and took me as long to eat as the rest of my family who had their food normal and in much bigger portions. It was so good to taste real food!:)

I too am bruised and the port site is the sorest but managable. Now it is feeling that the situps that everybody was talking about it would feel like! Got out for a walk and a trip to the mall today. feeling much more back to normal. I too am having a hard time getting down all the Protein so I went to a nutrition store and bought powder soy protein. what is everybody else doing to get all the protein in? they recomended 60-80 grams of protein a day for me, but am still on the full liquids for another week :) 1 scoop of this powder has 25grams protein.

190 calories, no fat, 1.5 carbs and 45 grams of Protein in 1 scoop :) It is called Gladiator and is made by smoothie King. You CANNOT have them make this drink in the store as they add fruit, but you can buy the powder and I make it with 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup Water and 1 cup of ice. Tastes good and comes in choc, strawberry and vanilla. A YUMMY drink in the store if you are out and about is the Low Carb smoothie. It has alot of protein as well, and is made with the powder Muscle Milk. They do not add fruit to this one and it is nice when you are out and need a drink (meal)! I think they have a website Smoothieking.com??

I am taking slim fast high Protein Shakes (powder) I use my soy milk with the shakes it is really good. since I am on a liquid diet for 2 weeks i drink about 2 of the Protein Drinks a day and I try and find liquids that have some Protein in them as well, I also take chewable vitamins. since i have been on my liquid diet since January 6th 2009 and lost a total of 14lbs. I have another week and two days till i can change over to a pureed diet.

I use Unjury Protein Powder, as it was recommended to me by my nutritionist. You can only buy it from their website. I got one of each flavor: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry sorbet, chicken Soup, and unflavored. Each scoop is 20 gr. of Protein. When I make a shake with 8 ounces of my soy milk, that's 28 grams. I also mix the chicken soup flavor into all my creamy Soups, mashed potatoes, etc. I use the unflavored one in Jello and pudding mixes. Getting in protein has not been that tough for me.

I had oatmeal for Breakfast today. I also took a 15 minute walk in my neighborhood with my dog. Another pound down, too! :)

I hope you're all c ontinuing to feel better. I am doing well.

Soy taste better! I can't handle the whey. I know this sounds so vein but here goes- MY HAIR... It took me a few years to grow it out and even though I'm forty I have this whole fantasy of having long hair and being thin! My hair has never been this long and I know if I can't keep the Protein down my hair is not going to be healthy, possibly fall out and I will have to cut it. Slim fast low carb has 20grams of protein and I can get that down. Any suggestions?

perfectforme: there is no vanity in wanting to look and feel beautiful. The way I see it, I have felt unattractive for many years now, and embarrased about how I look. When this weight comes off, I want to pull out all the stops. Don't you think we deserve it?:huh2:

Darn right Adamsmom! We can all talk inner beauty all we want, and yes that is SO important. When you break it all down everything wants to be appreciated and there is no shame in that. I can't wait to wear a skirt again and to sit in a pair of jeans without putting a jacket or sweater across my lap to cover up my belly. I talk about these things and realize just how much I allowed my life to change because of me weight.

I met a friend of my Mom's this weekend. He had his band done almost a year ago and he is down almost 100lbs. He was so encouraging. He told me to beware of the end of the honeymoon period. He said that he never felt he would regress, but he did. He said it only took a couple of times in pain throwing up from eating too much to teach him a lesson. He said that he tries to walk or clean - just be active when those old demons start in. He said that really trying to keep consistent meals is must so that he doesn't get too hungry. It was nice to see someone so happy with this same decision.

Thanks for all the Protein tips. I have some coming in on this week, but I think I will order some from Smoothie King and Unjury also.

Perfectforme,

Have you tried the costco brand Protein Drink by Premier Nutrition? It has 160 calories. 3 grams fat, 30 grams Protein. My friends recommended it and I wouldn't have gotten through these last three weeks of liquids without it. It comes ready to drink and actually tastes good. Drink three of these babies a day and that's 90 grams of protein...no way your hair will fall out! In fact, mine has never looked better. HaHa

I've been blasting through my chocolate flavor Unjury, so I went to the Vitamin Shoppe to get something to tide me over until my next shipment. I got nectar Sweets. It's 100 calories, 23 gr. of Protein, no sugar, no fat per serving and the lady in the store says it tatses good.

I'm down another 1.2 ppounds today--that is 8 pounds since surgery!

I am not getting enough Protein in, I get hungry too fast after drinking my slim fast Protein Shake. I will have to get something that has 20 or more grams. I did check out the Unjury but I thought it was a little too much for my pocket. I will just go t the GNC store here in PA. I have lost 17lbs since the liquid diet and have been on my tread mill since Saturday. I am just worried about the protein issue, this is something very important.

:thumbdown:o.k. so I had my fisrt post-opt apt. yesterday and I wanted to kick my Dr. in the knees!! GOOD news, everything looks good and I am down 10lbs since surgery BUT he will not let me eat anything for another week! Said I must be 2 weeks out BEFORE I can even have a cream based soup! I really might loose my mind. I can have Protein drinks, clear broths, Jello and popsicles yeah me :wink2: On the up side only 1 week left of the 4 in this misery and then I get to add eggs, cheese and soft seafood. THEY did say I can add even more on the 13th of Feb. wich is great but then they scheduled my first fill for the 12th! She said for the 1st 2 days AFTER a fill I may need to go back on liquids to let my tummy settle,

has anyone else heard of this??

I have heard that you should go on liquids after a fill. my doctor said I couldn't get a fill until 6 weeks post-op. Thats no fun about the Clear Liquids but its only a week out of the rest of your life! U are the only one I have seen that has to be clear liquids (plus protein) for 2 weeks post-op I have to be on full liquids for 2 weeks! We have 1 down and 1 to go. YIPPIE! How is everybody feeling. I feel back to normal. no pain just get full very fast! Also my doc said today for anybody else that may want to know, no lifting for 8 weeks post-op do to the sutures and healing. Haven't heard this before so now I'm thinking of all the times I have lifted this past week. AHHHH

Andylou, my Dr. said the same about lifting. 10lbs max the first 30 days then 20lbs max next 30 days then after 60 days resume lifting as usual.

Do you have any sharp pains when you go to get out of bed or cough/sneeze?? My Dr. said this is where my port it.. I am such a baby I would not even touch to feel it under my skin.

I was wondering about the whole fill thing, I thought maybe I heard wrong when they said no food for 48 hours,

so much for going out for Valentine's day :wink2: