Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No beer? So now what do I drink?

another good one.... Diet MTN Dew and tequilla also... Mike's Hard lemonade (the light stuff is not nearly as good)... you just need to let it go a little flat... I just our it into a glass over ice... it goes flat pretty quick. I can usually drink after 5 mins without issue.

come on everyone. if you are worried about what drink to have then theres something really wrong. thiat is why alot of the " the band didnt work for me" comes up. you dont have to drink it is a choice. i can see maybe a drink every now and then like new years our july 4th. but none of us really need it.

i wouldnt be saying this unless i went threw the samething.

i was a bad drinker and i was always drinking. but i realise that me losing weight and getting in better shape is more important. and if the people around me, judge me because i dont drink anymore then screw them. because i know what is best for me. so i wish that everyone that is still drinking ourthinking about it would stop. i hate seeing people going back down the wrong road.

thats my .02 cents anyways.

jason r

Jason,

I think maybe you're projecting some of your own background/issues here onto the rest of us. As someone who has never had a drinking problem but does enjoy a drink or two in the evening, I definitely don't fit the "all or nothing" model you're suggesting. And I've lost well over 100 pounds while having a drink most evenings.

Bryan

Have you ever tried Baja Bob's margarita mix. No calories made with splenda. Not too bad with a couple of fresh limes squeezed in it. You can purchase at some stores or order on line. They also have other mixes as well.

Baja Bob's :: sugar free Margarita, Low Carb drinks & Mixes :sneaky:

Hey Wannabskinny,

I notice your weight is dropping!! That's great I know from your posts your were getting discouraged.Are you still doing weight watchers? I just signed up myself for some consistency & direction.Good luck & keep up the hard work!:lol:

Okay, I am a newbie here and only been banded a couple weeks, but I am a real biker and I must reply to this post. First of all skip any of those stupid girly drinks! If you hang around with "real bikers" and not just a bunch of wild hog wannabe types you need to find a drink you will enjoy and not get you laughed outta the bar. Home brews or wine, cool if you sittin @ home with the ol lady, but in a real biker bar neither is cool. I am a die hard burbon guy from way back, my problem is I always enjoyed bourbon and coke. So what to do? Ask your hot lil bartender! A real cutie turned me on to Whiskey sour's, and they taste pretty good. made from whiskey and lime juice, you can enjoy a drink and not get laughed out the door at the same time. All the guy's in my club know about my surgery and think it's cool, and nobody cares if I'm havin a beer or a whisky sour. Your a man, find ya a man's drink and enjoy it!:blushing: