Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No beer? So now what do I drink?

I can still do beer - just much less. Agree with the Guiness comment - it does go down easier. I will have a few beers, then if I want to continue, I will switch to wine, scotch or my favorite - bourbon.

But you know what they say, "Beer then liquor. . ."

On vacation last week I tried a beer-made me feel very bloated from the carbonation. But it is true that Guiness isn't all that carbonated-will have to try Guiness. It's my favorite beer anyway.:wink_smile:

no beer - no problem !! Spark it up !!! Nice safe buzz without any calories gained. Just got to watch the munchies afterwards.

I'm considering surgery and was looking for a thread like this. I ma an avid beer drinker and brewer. This would probably be a deal breaker for me if I couldn't enjoy sipping my beers.

Vodka and Cranberry is what I get at the bar. I get an extra cranberry to make it last longer as I get tipsy faster! I also drink wine, but that is a bit girly I suppose!

What's all this Home Brew talk? I would not worry about not being able to sip your beers or even drink them. I can drink beer or wine easily. Im not a big drinker at all, but I have no problems. BUT !! enough home brew - let's try HOME GROWN !!

:rolleyes:

I too am a scotch man. I'm also into red wine. Nothing girlie about it!

I would agree. I drive a road king and all I drink is red wine

Bassriley.... holy cow.... you were at 275 in Sept of 08 and now you are at 198????

Man... I am depressed now... I was banded 10-08-08 and I was 281 and as off today, I am at 239.

You are doing amazingly well... what is your secret?

Bassriley.... holy cow.... you were at 275 in Sept of 08 and now you are at 198????

Man... I am depressed now... I was banded 10-08-08 and I was 281 and as off today, I am at 239.

You are doing amazingly well... what is your secret?

Nothing to be depressed about. You've lost 42 pounds, which is great!

As far as my secret, I am pretty much maniacal about managing this. I weigh everything so that I never eat more than 4-5 ounces at any sitting. I have kept a food diary every day since my surgery to make sure that I get my 70 grams of Protein and to keep my daily calories between 1300-1500. The only dessert that I have had since August is sugar free pudding-1/4 cup per day. Other than that, no Cookies, cake, or anything else. I have started running or walking 4-5 days per week. The only "rules" that I have broken are caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. my doctor told me that I couldn't have any of these after surgery. As far as alcohol, well, I just really like it. I'm on call alot of nights and when I have to be at the hospital overnight, coffee is what gets me through. As far as nicotine, I'm a mostly reformed former smoker who occasionally falls off the wagon (but if Obama does it, so can I?).

Bryan

Love my drinks but after banding takes less of them. I love sipping Johnny Walker Black and also order Grey Goose and Water. I carry the little Crystal Lite (I like the generic ones better and not so sweet) and dump about 1/2 tube into my drink. Wine makes me stupid for some reason.

Love my drinks but after banding takes less of them. I love sipping Johnny Walker Black and also order Grey Goose and Water. I carry the little Crystal Lite (I like the generic ones better and not so sweet) and dump about 1/2 tube into my drink. Wine makes me stupid for some reason.

:thumbup: Crystal Light and Johnnie Walker.....:smile: Not to sure about mixing it in my Maker's......:lol:

I use the store brand also and just found the Ocean Spray ones..... :tt2:

I am mostly a wine drinker, but lately I have been drinking Crown Royal with a splash of Water and lemon. I have come to really enjoy this as my alternative to beer and good for those bars that don't serve wine.

I'm a Guiness drinker and having the surgury in 10 days so no worries. As far as another drink that not to foo foo, check out Catdaddy Moonshine Parallels H-Sphere I can't say enough good things about it. It's legal and you can get it most states, I had it in a restraunt the first time in New Orleans before Christmas

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches