Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor also doesn't advise drinking carbonated drinks. That is one thing I am glad about when I look back at the awful 2 week preop Optifast diet. At the time it was absolute hell, but it broke me of my soda addiction prior to surgery. I do miss it sometimes if I'm eating something salty, but since I can't drink with meals anyways, the urge passes. I never ever thought I'd be able to give it up... but here I am.. haven't had one since August 15th.

I hope if you do drink it you let it sit out a bit so that the carbonation doesn't stretch your pouch or cause any erosion problems. Good luck

I tried to have some Champagne at new years but it made me really sick after just a few sips. I don't think my body can tolerate carbination anymore so I'm just going to stay away.

I hate soda but I had to drink some becasue That was the only way I could burp so I could get that CO2 gas out that they put in. It had no effect on me, I think lol

I haven't had anything carbonated at all- not even champagne on New Year's!! I just don't miss it at all. I also feel it will open a can of worms if I do start to drink it! I was seriously addicted before!

The hardest part for me about skipping soda is finding drinks when I am thirsty and you're someplace like a movie theater. I just hate spending $5 on water!! I think diet coke would be better in some ways, but there are times I will drink lemonade or something non-carbonated but w/ calories if I'm desperate or something, but that's rare. Since I don't eat and drink together, it makes it easier at restaurants.

Just give it up. You'll be fine. before the surgery ALL I DRANK was diet soda! I never drank Water at all!! I had a major caffeine addiction too, and have given that up as well. Now when I drink caffeine or even have chocolate I get all giddy and hyper. It's more fun that way, to have it something rare!

I haven't had a soda for probably 6 months. Now I'm scared to. I actually had a dream one night that I drank a soda (forgetting that I had the band) and was terrified that my pouch was going to explode. Maybe my subconscious wants a soda more than I do.. but at least it's trying to keep in on the straight and narrow. LOL

i'm a pepsi addict...my doc says none at all so i stopped about a month before surgery and then i didn't drink any for about 2 months after surgery but then because i'm naughty it started becoming a habit again so yes, i drink it everyday. it doesn't bother me, however i'm sure i would have lost more if i wasn't drinking it!

Not me. I am to afraid.

I drank cokes up until my surgery or the day be4 and I have been coke free for almost 2 months. They aren't good for you and they can cause band slippage, expand your pouch, and ulcers.

Sometimes at work while people are cracking open their cans, I go downstairs and get me a juice so I can crack open mine too. It'll all be worth it!!!! Cokes are not worth it!!!

I am 6 days post op and have been able to drink diet coke, carbinated or not, just fine. I usualy will leave a glass of diet coke out for the day, pop 2 ice cubes in it, so by evening it's flat so I can enjoy a nice glass. I def dont drink as much as I used to but it's still nice to have one enjoyment, lol. Either that or you can sit stirring it for 5 mins with a fork to make it go flat. And there is Water in diet cola.......

I do the same. I love SODA!! I have cut down immensely but I have some every now and then. I just flatten it and yum :)