Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone use the wii fit??

We got our boys the Wii for xmas, and I was kinda of thinking about getting the Wii Fit for exercising. Does anyone use it and is it good exercise??

We also got a Wii and a Wii fit for Christmas. WE love it. We do little challenges among all the family members. It is alot of fun and yes, exercise. But you do not realize it because you are having fun with the whole family.

Check-out the Exercise and Fitness thread. I think there is a Wii fit thread. That might give you more information.

The Wii and Wii Fit are AWESOME ways to exercise! It's a lot of fun too. I've used it several times and each time I'm out of breath and sweaty at the end...:thumbup:

I have the Wii Fit and don't find it to be the best form of exercise for the money. For example in the yoga poses instead of it flowing from one pose to another you have to start and choose another pose. I have found the best for the Wii is Dance Revolution. It gives me a great workout and you can put it on workout mode instead of playing the game and unleashing different levels. Hope this helps goodluck.

We just got the Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas. It has been fun using the programs. I think I will use it in between my running workouts.

We are getting DDR, my son and I are excited about having dance offs!

I really like our Wii Fit. I like it because its more like active games for me but I do really like the step 'games' on the aerobics part.

I use Wii Sports game that came with my Wii for exercise right now. I just bought my Wii Fit on Ebay, but haven't gotten it yet. After a few rounds of Wii Boxing I've worked up a sweat. The day after the first time I did it my arms were killing me, so I know its effective! Looking forward to the Wii Fit. I also bought a Bowflex Treadclimber....I need several options or I'll get too bored! :thumbup:

I'm like Luvmysteelers... I have the wii fit, and the jillian michaels game for the wii and I have some other dvd's I do (like walk away the pounds) for variation. But I always return to the wii fit. It's fun.

teri

The Wii fit board is not able to handle those that could use it the most -- it'll break if you put over 300 lbs on it.

Great idea but a very very bad design. I guess Sony is not expecting any Sumo sized people to use it.

I dont think the design is bad at all. Not accomodating a higher weight may be a con in the design but it doesnt make it a very very bad design. Sony doesnt make it.

I love the Wii fit and sports....if I don't go to the gym I do Wii....at least a half on it and yeah you have to stop and go to the next but it's still moving. I like the advanced step I do that like three times in a row then the just single step fot 10 mins, 30 mins it's cool and I use weights and it really helps. I love Wii....I need the dance one it's just fun and I love the sports we got ours last year and we still use it all the time.

The Wii fit board is not able to handle those that could use it the most -- it'll break if you put over 300 lbs on it.

Great idea but a very very bad design. I guess Sony is not expecting any Sumo sized people to use it.

When you think about it just about everything has a weight limit. ex. bicycles, soccer chairs, etc... I really do not think it is a bad design. Most lapbanders should be able to use the Wii fit within a year of surgery if not before.

I know are family enjoys it.

Just got the wii fit for xmas, excited about it I will let you know how it goes. Been sick for about a week did no exercise trying to get better for the New Year. Good Luck:thumbup:

The Jillian game isn't as much fun as I had hoped, or as much a work out as I had hoped, but it's something different. You actually run on that one, but it's got a delay. So it's hard in that way.

Well gotta run get the boys ready for church.

teri