Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 12th bandsters

I'm been home from surgery about 4 hours now. I am tired and feel sick. I will go into detail about my surgery we I'm feeling better.

Lisa

Hi all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sx went well thank god, now i am feeling sore, but nothing that lortab can't take care of. how are you!! i have been thinking about you a lot.. i feel so lucky that i have such a great gropu of pep]ople to share experiences with.

my email: natyjirafa@hotmail.com

we did it!!!!!!

love, n.

I have been home from the hospital about 3 hours now. After a bit of a nap I thought I'd check this site. Surgery went well for me, thank goodness! I have mostly gas pains & cramps. Not any real pain.

After sharing my room at the hospital with a lady who had the by-pass, I feel that I made the right choice. She did nothing but complain about pain ALL night long. About 3:30 - 4:00 she did apologize for keeping me up all night.

I'm on a liquid diet for another 2 weeks, but that is OK. I have lost about 1 pound per day this way. I'll take it any way I can get it.

Talk to you soon. Hope everyone did well.:laugh:

Suzanne

Hello everyone. I wish i had found this thread soon so I could introduce myself before the surgery but I just had my lap band surgery the 12th of January also. I am really sore on the side where my port is and i have a "pain ball" coming out of one of my incisions that releases pain medication every hour for a couple of days. The dr instructed my fiance to take the tubing out of me when it shrivels up... not looking forward to that. Anyone else having an indegestion feeling or gas pain?

Hi,

I got home on the 13th at 11 am, and really felt well. I didn't do much, and had a 2 hour nap. I am not hungry and although sore, I can't complain, as one would expect some soreness after surgery! I am up now at 3 am as I think I have had so much sleep !

I am off all week and plan on taking it easy - I will be on liquids for 10 days then mushies for 10 more days. At this point, I have no interest in eatting, but made sure I had at least one shake yest.

Hey all!! Day 3! I got home yesterday and tried posting but I'm on dialup and it was taking forever and I needed to rest. After a very long hour and a half ride which thankfully, I slept through due to lortab.

My surgery went very well. All my fat is under my skin and all my organs were clean. Dr Laker said it was a very boring procedure. The best kind! I was up and walking around just a few hours after surgery. Everyone was impressed with how well I was getting around. The only problem I'm having is the no twisting or bending. I have Cerebral Palsy, so I've always had to twist or bend in order to make adjustments cuz my legs are tight. So I shall need a lot of help getting in and out of bed for a few days. I was able to eat last night, so yesterday was day 1 of my post-op diet. Doing good so far. Just have some pain around my belly and soreness in my neck due to the gas.

Hope everyone else is doing great too!

Maybe we need to start a new thread in post-op? lol now that it's not pre-op? heh

Hello Jan. 12 Bandsters! Aren't we glad it's in the past! I had/still have a little of the pain in my shoulders. I made the mistake of taking liquid pain med on an empty stomach, don't do that! Got nauseated, not fun. ANYway, as you all probably know, Day 3 is much better than the others. I wasn't able to sleep with the pain meds, they always have speeded me up so up until last night I had no sleep. Am a new woman today! Making coffee actually.

Good luck to all of you, liquid tylenol is all I have taken since 2:00 a.m. on Day 2. Even then the only thing that really hurts is the gas pain in the shoulders. Whew, glad that's over, let the weight loss begin! Well, it's already begun as I'm down 14 pounds since I initially weighed in the 2nd week of December. Woohoo!

Want these gas pains to go away though...

Hey all! Day 3 report:

- feeling much better. I am still sore, especiall yarround my port. Bending and getting in an dout of bed is a challenge for me.

0 i feel indigestion as well and feel like i do have sth in my stomach-- which I do.

all in all can't complain

all my energy to u.

n.

Well, it is finally over. I honestly wasnt sure what I got myself into last night. I had a mild anxiety attack. I woke up in bed and was freaked out because I couldnt move and hurt really bad. I decided my bed was not the best place for me. It is way to high and too squishy.

No weight loss for me. I cam home 2 lbs up. HTH does that happen? I havent eaten in anything besides liquids in 4 days now. OH WELL I GUESS!

The weight loss will come soon enough. I know right now is just about healing.

Does anyone else have pain when they breathe? It is really hard to explain, like if I take a breathe while standing or laying down, sometimes I get a really sharp pain that is hard to stop.

By the way, some of us have been blogging at bandedtogether09.blogspot.com. If you would like to join us, just leave your email addrss and I will send you an invite.

Thanks friends for being here and knowing what I am going through!

I was also up a few pounds yesterday but I didn't weigh myself till later in the day. I'm sure it's due to swelling or something. Pain in my shoulders is slowly going away same with my belly. But I'm still slow to move around.

OH MY GOD - This is awesome. You have all listed ALL of the systems and problems that I have been having. I am up a few pounds and that was a bit heartbreaking for me. I have terrible gas pains also, you can hear my stomach grumbling from across the room. I'm not terribly hungry either but I'm making sure to drink the Protein drinks.

Skipping my Bunco night tonight as they are mainly a food and drink gab fest for us. I'm not ready to be around all that food and not being able to eat yet, so I got one of the neighbors to sub for me.

I went back to work today. My job is sitting with no lifting or anything. Everything went well. I'm just a bit tired.

I'm glad you are all out there - makes me feel like I'm not alone in this. I'm sorry you are all feeling the same aches & pains as I am, but when I read your posts, I'm like, "yea, I have that!" "Yea, I know just what they your talking about"

Thanks for being there.

All is well here!

The gas isn't bad at all, and I will also say that your gain is from the IV fluids and you'll pee that all out by tomorrow. Rest well friends!

227/214/145

By the way, some of us have been blogging at bandedtogether09.blogspot.com. If you would like to join us, just leave your email addrss and I will send you an invite.

Thanks friends for being here and knowing what I am going through!

I'd like to be invited to the blog. My email address is appleashley1211@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

So, how old is everyone and where are we all from here? It makes it easier to identify people if I know a little about them, how about ya'll?

My name is Ashley, I'm 23 years old from San Antonio,Texas.

I'm very glad to have this thread to come and check in on... it is comforting to know I am not going through this alone! So far I have lost 4 lbs since monday when I got the band. I wieghed 274lbs upon being admitted to the hospital and I weighed myself just now and am at a solid 270. I feel I should be more excited... it just seems like it has taken me so long to actually see results that it is almost unbelievable if that makes any sense?!

I agree with all you girls that the gas pain is very bothersome. I listen to my stomach rumble and turn with gas all day. At times I get a very stiff feeling behind my breast bone. My doctor inserted a tube that runs from the band site out of one of the incisions and to a ball or medication that is released every hour directly to the band on my stomach... i don't know how much it helped, but it became empty today and my mom had to pull the tubing out of my incision which was horrid. I could feel the tubing winding its way around my organs... gross! I'm glad its out. Now I just have to deal with the gas pain and some of my hunger. I had to sit in my college classes today and watch my friends eat up a storm while i sipped on my crystal light.... fun!:sneaky:

How is everyone else doing with wanting to eat things? How long are your liquid diets? Mine is supposed to be 6 weeks!

Ashley