Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 12th bandsters

I just got home from my pre-op appointment, Luckly through the holidays I only gained .4 of a pound. LOL, I should have went and peed before I weighed and it would have taken care of that.

I have to be at the hospital at 6 am Monday morning, that means I'll have to leave my house by 4:30.

I got on a clear liquid diet Saturday, and I have to drink the Magnesium Citrate on Sunday. That means I can't leave the house at all on Sunday. When I wake Monday morning I have to wash my whole body with Hibilens soap.

All they asked me to bring to the hospital is my filled prescriptions and the book they gave me. I will probably go in comfortable clothes and slippers. They are saying I should be released by noon, same day as surgery.

LOL, my husband didn't realize it's only 5 days away. He was shocked. Silly man.:thumbup:

I'm ready for this.

Lisa

Yes Kayla, I am getting nervous. I was thinking how can I be so excited about something that scares the crap out of me.

Sherrie, thanks for the email address, I will use that. I have a ton of support from friends and family, but nothing will compare to having someone in the exact same boat with me. My email is (sudami@twcny.rr.com) and I welcome anyone to contact me.

weight.png

[/url]

I'm bad about not drinking enough Water, so I've made Water intake charts. The I decided to made Protein intake charts so I can make sure I'm getting around 60 to 80 grams of Protein a day. Since I was on a chart making mood, I made one for working out.

These are simple 2 week charts. I just made a table, and pre filled everything, so I can check them off as I do them.

I even made my husband a medicine chart to keep up with my meds after surgery.

I figured if I was going to go through with the surgery I need to do this right and make sure I'm getting what I need on a daily basis.

Lisa

Lisa, what a great idea. Would you mind sharing these?

If anyone wants a copy of my charts you can email me at

lisatimbs@yahoo.com

They are simple, nothing fancy.

Lisa

Grr...I just typed a long note and it just got DELETED!

So, now I am going to do a quick summary :confused:

Today I did all of my pre op appointments. I went by myself (the first one in all of this) and I started to get really anxious once I actually got to the surgeons office. I have had problems with anxiety attacks for the last couple of years so I started to get scared that I was going to have one (and I was going to be all alone).

I had to pay my surgen fee today also. I thought that I had to pay my full copay amount upfront, but they said I only had to pay $400.00. No one has been able to give me a straight responce on how much I would have to pay and/or when...My max copay for the yearwith my insurance is 1500. So, that is what I was thinking I had to pay today...Not that I am complaining (AT ALL) :)

I also went to the hospital today. I really got a good feeling there. They are all very nice and attentive. From the moment you walk in until you leave it is very comfortable.

I also did my before pics today. So here they are...

before001.jpg

before002.jpg

Woohoo 3 more days!! I'm excited. The liquid diet has been hard, and I started my period halfway through it (sorry men lol). But I survived it. I ended up pretty sick though for a couple days and could barely drink my shakes, but I did it.

Because I'm self-pay they do the pre-op testing the morning of my surgery. My surgery's at 7:30am and I have to be there at 5am. Which means, leaving my house around 3:30am. I know somebody who's not going to get any sleep Sunday night.

I have a whole list of stuff I was told to bring. Pretty much the same stuff as listed above. But also a paper and pen to write down any questions you might have for the surgeon. That is important. I know I'm forgetful. I also have to remember my crutches that I use very rarely (I have Cerebral Palsy also).

We bought a new scale last week, and I was weighed at my consult back in October, so I don't know how different our home scale is from the Drs office. But if it's correct, I'm already down 10 pounds. Which is actually 27 pounds less then I was going to be starting! So I'm already way ahead of the game. I already feel better. My knees aren't creaking as much when I go up and down my stairs. I can pull off my jeans without undoing them!! I've felt great. Less headaches (except for when I got sick). I'm happier :-)

I can't wait to get to the next stage of my journey for the new year.

My email is sweetpetals33@yahoo.com if you would like to get a hold of me sometime also.

I think setting up our own group of messages or whatever would be great. Not just January Bandsters but the elite group of January 12th Bandsters! hehe

Good luck to us all if I don't get back on here before Monday!

I got my surgery time, not till 12:30~was sure hoping for earlier, I'm gonna be starving!!!!!

I will be thinking of you all going earlier!

I got my call from the Hospital today. I have to be there by 5:30 Monday morning. I know I really won't get any sleep now.

Clear liquid diet is alittle rough but I've been good.

Lisa

My surgery time is 10 am. It was 9am but the called and moved it out a little. We are staying the night in a hotel, because we live 2 hours away and didnt want to be leaving at 5 am because I love my sleep. It is bad enough I have to wake up 6. I usually wake up around 8ish.

I started a blog page for us. But, I havent finished all of the decorative stuff yet. It is www.bandedtogether09.blogspot.com. If I get email addresses we can all submit our own blog posts to the same blog. I think it is pretty cool. I don't know what you guys think but let me know.

This is a way we can all post whatever we want, whenever. I can also put links on the page so it will go right to a certain persons blogs.

Let me know what you guys think.

3 more days!!!

My surgery time is 10 am. It was 9am but the called and moved it out a little. We are staying the night in a hotel, because we live 2 hours away and didnt want to be leaving at 5 am because I love my sleep. It is bad enough I have to wake up 6. I usually wake up around 8ish.

I started a blog page for us. But, I havent finished all of the decorative stuff yet. It is www.bandedtogether09.blogspot.com. If I get email addresses we can all submit our own blog posts to the same blog. I think it is pretty cool. I don't know what you guys think but let me know.

This is a way we can all post whatever we want, whenever. I can also put links on the page so it will go right to a certain persons blogs.

Let me know what you guys think.

3 more days!!!

Here is my email address:

lisatimbs@yahoo.com

My email is sudami@twcny.rr.com

Thanks - Suzanne

Well ladies/gents I more day. We havent been to talkative lately. I hope that everyone is feelig well and all ready for the big day. My family and I are heading to fresno tonight and will be in a hotel. I have to be at the hospital at 8am. I have been liquid only today and have had tomatoe Soup, Water, crystal light and some Jello. My bag is packed and I am ready to go. I will not be taking my laptop with me so I wont be posting anything until Tuesday/Weds. All of you are going to be in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to hear how everyones banding went.

Good Luck to everyone getting banded tomorrow....