Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 12th bandsters

Hey Ashley,

I'm Lisa (32) I live in Cullman, AL. My clear liquid diet is 7 days then I can add Protein shakes and sugar free pudding days 8 thru 14, day 15 thru 42 I am on mush foods.

I've been around people eating and it doesn't bother me. I cooked lasagana for my kids and hubby today and didn't think anything of it.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Hey Ashley, I'm 45 years old and I live in Syracuse, NY. I've been married to my husband for just over 9 years. I'm a mother to 2 boys, 23 & 24 years old. I have 3 step-kids, 2 step daughter-in-laws & one sweet little granddaughter. I work full time for the phone company and I am the vice president of a homeowners association. So its safe to say I have a busy life.

My gas pains have gotten a bit better tonight. The scale was up last night and this morning. i think I'm going to stay away from that until next Monday, give myself a week to get rid of all the IV fluids and back to feeling a little more normal.

Going to bed now - talk to you all again soon.

I'd like to be invited to the blog. My email address is appleashley1211@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

So, how old is everyone and where are we all from here? It makes it easier to identify people if I know a little about them, how about ya'll?

My name is Ashley, I'm 23 years old from San Antonio,Texas.

I'm very glad to have this thread to come and check in on... it is comforting to know I am not going through this alone! So far I have lost 4 lbs since monday when I got the band. I wieghed 274lbs upon being admitted to the hospital and I weighed myself just now and am at a solid 270. I feel I should be more excited... it just seems like it has taken me so long to actually see results that it is almost unbelievable if that makes any sense?!

I agree with all you girls that the gas pain is very bothersome. I listen to my stomach rumble and turn with gas all day. At times I get a very stiff feeling behind my breast bone. My doctor inserted a tube that runs from the band site out of one of the incisions and to a ball or medication that is released every hour directly to the band on my stomach... i don't know how much it helped, but it became empty today and my mom had to pull the tubing out of my incision which was horrid. I could feel the tubing winding its way around my organs... gross! I'm glad its out. Now I just have to deal with the gas pain and some of my hunger. I had to sit in my college classes today and watch my friends eat up a storm while i sipped on my crystal light.... fun!:thumbup:

How is everyone else doing with wanting to eat things? How long are your liquid diets? Mine is supposed to be 6 weeks!

Ashley

Hi Ashley, I just sent your invite...Can't wait to have you blogging with us!

My name is Jessica and I am also 23 years old.

That tube sounds like no fun at all!

Today I sat through dinner with the family for the first time. I had a cup of Jello and one spoon of DISGUSTING broth.

I have to go to orientation tomorrow for a telecourse I am taking....So, I hope I do ok. I am going to have my hubby come with me to take my book and carry some stuff :thumbup:

I am on liquids (broth, Jello and water) for 7 days. I meet with my doc on Monday and he will give me further instructions.

Hi guys,

I have absolutely no appetite what so ever, I don’t even want to drink Water. Any ideas why or what to do? Is anyone else experiencing this too?

I have no appetite either, but I am writing everything down and making sure I get the liquids I need. I eat chicken broth or jell-o 2 ounces every 2 hours while I'm awake, and in between I have my water.

Hi ladies, I am so glad you all made it through! I am doing great, just still have gas pains and feel very very bloated. The heat wraps help a lot - bless whoever suggested bringing them.

I started on full liquids yesterday - that first sip of coffee was heaven! I'm not worried about the food too much, I really wanted the coffee. I did eat some homemade cauliflower Soup but could only sip half a teacup full even though it was liquid. It must have a lot of Fiber.

I am only taking my pain meds at night. I have taken the liquid tylenol a couple of times. I have been coughing a lot b/c of allergies, so it hurts my incision to cough, that is mainly why I am hurting.

I have not lost weight either. Well, one scale said I lost 2 pounds but that can't be right! My clothes are not fitting any looser, which is discouraging. But I think it's bc I am bloated with gas. Gas X strips are not really helping.

My fellow 1/12 bandsters are in my thoughts, and I send my best wishes for your speedy recovery! Good luck!

Hi all!

Checking in as well. I think I am recovering OK. Also,no appetite but i just make a point of trying to sip on sth all day- either broth, or Water, or Isopure or tea. Anything! Up and about some but still taking it easy- I am enjoying the days off let me tell you that!!

Again, not hungry but feel some need to chew on something, nothing I can't handle though.

Britalian- don't think it is worth weighing in this week- we just underwent abdominal surgery and there are tons of Fluid shifts in your body that can account for more or less pounds. Hang in there- this is the healing period-- losing time WILL come.

Love,

n.

PS: I will be starting a thread in the post op section for all of us Jan 12th bandsters since we DID IT!! yeyeyeyey!!

Sounds like I am right on track with the rest of you!

No appetite at all! Forcing myself to get jello/broth/water in thru the day. Pain is not bad (as long as I don't move!) Definetaly getting better every day!! Hubby has been great about taking care of me and feeding himself and my teenage son, I don't even want to THINK about food yet, although the commercials are starting to look good!

The liquid pain meds and the liquid tylenol both were not going down for me~so now I am taking the tylenol jr. chewables. the others were too thick and sweet~just couldn't do it! Also the chewable gas-x seems to be better for me than the strips, wasn't crazy about them!

Glad to hear we are all right on track!!!

Hey Jan. 12th'ers! The worst part is over, the gas pains are gone, I can actually sleep on my stomach. I had leg cramps the first night, actually got nauseated, anxiety attack, thank goodness all that is gone. I hate to ask, but are any of you having any bowel issues? Diahhrea? Not a pleasant subject, I know, but I'm having it. I'm wondering if it's the Protein powder, is it the prevacid dissolving tablets, I'm just curious.

Reading your posts makes me realize I'm not alone in this, there are others out there going through the same thing and I'm just curious if anyone else is having bowel issues? So sorry to ask! But thank you in advance for your answers!

Hey Jan. 12th'ers! The worst part is over, the gas pains are gone, I can actually sleep on my stomach. I had leg cramps the first night, actually got nauseated, anxiety attack, thank goodness all that is gone. I hate to ask, but are any of you having any bowel issues? Diahhrea? Not a pleasant subject, I know, but I'm having it. I'm wondering if it's the Protein powder, is it the prevacid dissolving tablets, I'm just curious.

Reading your posts makes me realize I'm not alone in this, there are others out there going through the same thing and I'm just curious if anyone else is having bowel issues? So sorry to ask! But thank you in advance for your answers!

Yes, it seems that the worst is finally over :) I can't believe you are sleeping on your stomach already. I cant even lay on my side yet :(

I did the anxiety attack, and nasea. I hated them both.

On the BM...I have more of a lack there of issue. So, I guess I am not too much of a help...but I wish I could just "go"

You are definately not alone :)

Wish I could sleep on my stomach too! I can lay on my right side but not my left yet.

I had some diahhrea 'issues' yesterday, but none today.

Hope it is just temporary for you!!

Tomorrow I get to go on full liquids!!! Yipee!!!!

Yes,I'm also having bowel issues. Tons of gas and just a bit of diarrhea. I don't think I'll have a solid bowel movement until I start eating solid food again.

I'm also sleeping on my stomach - have been since Tuesday night. I surprised myself when I woke up on my stomach.

No real appetite - but I try my best to get in 60g of Protein a day. I come close. Love my sugar-free pop cicles. I just wish it was over 10 degrees outside so I could walk around the block or do something. Its just too darn cold & snowy here to go out anywhere.

Alright girls... as much as it sucks to admit this, it seems as if I am the only one with an appetite and I'm really having a hard time with it. I wish I had no appetite, and it was a struggle for me just to drink my liquids like alot of you have written but I guess I'm not that lucky. I have been starving since yesterday. My stomach growls and hurts really bad like it did before my band when I didn't eat and nothing seems to help. I'm not supposed to add any of the creamier Soups or Protein Shakes for another full week according to my instructions. Im only on crystal light, propel, and chicken broth.... nothing thick or of any real consistency. My stomach hurts so bad that I want to cry because I know I can't eat and I WON'T eat at any cost. I'm really upset that this is happening to me... I feel like my body and band are sabotaging me!! I feel no restriction at all, and I don't understand... what are everyone else's diet instructions? Which band did you get? maybe that makes a difference on how restrictive it is if its a different brand. Mine is the Realize band. How are you getting Protein?

Hey Ash,

I am STARVING too. I was ok up until yesterday...but then, I had an OJ episode (I wrote about that on the blog so I wont go there). Ever since then, I feel like I can't get full. I dont think they go hand in hand but that is just when I notcied.

All day today I feel like there is nothing that is going to make me feel full. I've had broth x2, Jello x2 and cranberry juice with Water x3.

My diet is pretty much like yours except I can have Jello and popsicles. So, I get: juice (cranberry, apple, and grape), jello (sugar free), Water, clear broth and popcicles.

Someone suggested I try Decaf tea with honey. I am going to try that and see how it goes.

Do you have myspace or AIM or MSN? or unlimited texts...LOL...maybe we can help each other out :)

Alright girls... as much as it sucks to admit this, it seems as if I am the only one with an appetite and I'm really having a hard time with it. I wish I had no appetite, and it was a struggle for me just to drink my liquids like alot of you have written but I guess I'm not that lucky. I have been starving since yesterday. My stomach growls and hurts really bad like it did before my band when I didn't eat and nothing seems to help. I'm not supposed to add any of the creamier Soups or Protein shakes for another full week according to my instructions. Im only on crystal light, propel, and chicken broth.... nothing thick or of any real consistency. My stomach hurts so bad that I want to cry because I know I can't eat and I WON'T eat at any cost. I'm really upset that this is happening to me... I feel like my body and band are sabotaging me!! I feel no restriction at all, and I don't understand... what are everyone else's diet instructions? Which band did you get? maybe that makes a difference on how restrictive it is if its a different brand. Mine is the Realize band. How are you getting Protein?

I got the Realize Band also. I have my moments but still pretty much not hungary. Hopefully it will get better for you.