Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 12th bandsters

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been to this thread - off work and computer at home is not working (taking it to be repaired today).

I can't believe we'll all be having surgery next week. I'm pretty excited!

I started my pre-op diet last week (29th of Dec). I'm doing really good and haven't cheated at all. So hard to do when everyone around you is eating like they've always done.

I have sleep apnea and have had a CPAP maching for the last 2 yrs. I haven't been using it and I've been honest with the doctor about not using it. He wants me using it and told me that I need to bring it to the hospital with me.

I had an incident Saturday night after I went to sleep where I woke up in a panic. The mask slipped off and made that awful sound that it makes and it was then I realized I felt like there was no air (I also forgot to leave the ceiling fan on). I had a slight panic attack and started walking around. I ended up in the kitchen wanting to snack soooo bad. I had to tell myself to take a deep breathe. For some reason I was telling myself that I was starving myself to death and what the heck was I doing. Finally, I relaxed and grabbed a cup of Jello. I was able to get back to sleep and had dreams about food. I was at a family picnic and had a black forest cake. It was so real that I felt like I could taste it. That was the CRAZIEST thing ever!!!! I woke up the next day and felt fine. Obviously I'm missing my sweets. :wink_smile:

Anyone else having a hard time adjusting before surgery or am I the only crazy one out there?

By the way, if any of you want to email me, here are my email addresses.

Work: kimberly.a.speer@conus.army.mil

Home: speerdvnprt@aol.com

Obviously I won't be at work the 12th. I won't be returning back to work until the 20th. Hopefully, I get my home computer back soon so I can log on during the recovery period for all of us.

Hi All,

My name is Suzanne, I am also a January 12th. I can't wait. I did so much research and interviewing Dr's in my area. I'm thrilled with my final selection and I know that this is the right choice for me.

I'm 45 years old, married for the 2nd time to the kindest soul. We will have our 10th anniversary in November and what I am looking forward to the most, is him being proud to have me on his arm. That has slipped as my weight increased over the years.

I have 2 children, 3 step children, 2 step daughter-in-laws and one beautiful granddaughter, so its save to say my live is busy. I'm looking forward to being actively involved with the family again, as I have let my weight sideline me as of late.

I have been placed on a liquid diet since 1-1-09 and will be until 2 weeks post-op. I'm sure I will find someone else here that REALLY wants to chew something.

Glad to be here and know there are others in my boat.

Good luck to us all ands here's to a thinner 2009!!

Hi all!!

One week to go!! YoHOOOOO!!

Doozy01, thanks for the tip. I will definitely give it a try.

Today is a little harder for me.. i fee more hungry... let me tell you NOT easy but I keep thinking " THE GOAL"

Anyways, how are you doing today???

How can we all form a group.. anybody some idea?? -- Waht do you think about starting a thread each day with the title Jan 12 bandsters and the date??? Don'y know, just to make it easy to find and keep updtaed..

I am thinking about you ALL!!

WE CAN DO IT

-n.

It is so CRAZY to think that we have less than one week left!

Today was rough for me. I had a headache almost all day today. I am just getting over a cold and all I wanted to do was stay in bed! But I HAD to go to work :thumbup:

I wish I could stay home tomorrow...I just want to rest all day :)

On another note. I have 5 people going with me to the hospital. do you think that is a little overboard? We are getting a 2 room suite the night before and going to the hospital at 7. I am scheduled for 9am. It is my mom, stepdad, husband, and 2 BFF's :)

also, off topic. I just got my sylibus for my telecourse and I have a MANDATORY orientation on Thursday. Do you think I will feel up for it? I'm sure its just sitting down for a lecture. This is why I was taking a telecourse (so I didnt have to go in) :/

Ok, enough from me know :) Talk to you all later!

Hey everyone,

Today has been a long day for me also, it has rained nonstop for days now and all I wanted to do is sleep.< /span>

Food wise I've done really good, only eating one meal a day and 2 shakes for the other meals.

I've workedout every day so far this week.

Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment with my surgeon. It should go well because my scales has been going down not up.

That's my update so far.

Lisa

I can't believe it is only a couple of days away!

I had my pre-op visit on Monday, and all went well. I was shocked to see I had only gained one and a half pounds since I was there last in November, after the two big holidays and my eating everything in sight, I had truely expected more!!! I felt like if I could have unhinged my jaws to shove more in, I would have!!!

They gave me the two day liquid diet for the weekend, and for this week the 'liver shrinking' diet. Has not been too bad, but has only been two days!! It will be so worth it in the end. I was gonna take my 'before' pics yesterday, but decided to wait till today, because I am getting my hair cut and she fixes my hair so much better than I do! So, I will do that today and at least have nice hair!!!! I am usually hiding from the camera, but not this time, knowing I will NEVER look like I do ever again!!!

Does anyone know their surgery time yet?? I have to wait till Friday for the surgery dept. to call me, hoping it will be nice and early!!!

It is getting close now! Yes, the weight is just coming off, and is so exciting! No, I don't have my surgery time yet either, and won't until Friday night. I am looking forward to the weekend to get things in order at home and to set up my "nest" -- I have small children at home, so it isn't typical for me to be in bed, even when sick!

I also have to find one of the 'lists' people have posted on what to bring to the hospital and pack my bag.

This time next week, it will be behind us and the real fun part of the life long journey beginning! Can't wait!

I have to be at the hospital at 8am and the time I was given for surgery is 10am but also reminded that sometimes they can't always be on time depending on other surgeries. I'm staying overnight. Anyone else staying overnight?

I'm going to Wal-Mart tonight to stock up on my post-op diet needs. Who would think you'd get excited buying such blah stuff?!?!? :thumbup:

Hil ALL!!

I am glad to hear evryone is fine.

I have a headahce too but it is so worth it that I don;t even mind.

Time is coming!!!!!!

This is the list I found here, thoight I would paste it for everybody's convenience.

This is a list of things to take to with you the day of the procedure:

1. Sports bra

2. Any meds you take everyday incase you need to stay longer

3. Ear plugs and eye covers

4. Book and/or DVD and player

5. Tampon or pads

6. Easy shoes to put on when its time to go home

7. sweats for the hospital

8. slippers for the hospital

9. pillow for the hospital

10. Cotton underwear

11. Fleets Phospho-Soda (to take pre op if your doctor says)

12. Chapstick or something for your lips

13. Hand lotion if you tend to get dry hands or are staying over night.

Okay here is the compiled list of must haves that you should buy and have waiting for you at home:

1. liquid tylenol

2. gas-x

3. Thermacare shoulder neck hot pads or heating pad (helped with the shoulder pain)

4. ice pack (it feels good on the incisions)

5. Get your Pain Meds ahead of time (if you can)

6. crystal light

7. sugar free popsicles

8. fat free low sodium broth (buy more than you think you will need)

9. Decaf herbal tea or decaf coffee (can add artificial sweetner

10. stopwatch "A stopwatch because keeping track of drinking an ounce of Fluid every 15-mins was hard to keep track of the first few days. Even to this day I use it to make sure I eat every three hours" (Quoted from bearbandit)

11. Dixie Cups - perfect size for post-op amounts of liquids

12. sippy cup (to learn to take small sips)

13. stool softner

14. bandages regular size and some big ones or gauze pads for your port incision when you go back to work

15. antibiotic cream

16. Isopure Protein drinks (clear liquid so I could have them the first days after surgery)

17. Vitamin E oil/Arnica Montana (To use after incisions heal)

2nd week fluids with calories

1. diet carnation instant Breakfast drink

2. ensure or boost

3. Atkins ready to drink

4. Eas advantage carb control

5. slim fast

6. sugar free Jello

7. sugar free pudding

8. Centrum chewable viatmins

9. Caltrate Plus chewable Vitamins

10. nonfat milk

11. Cream of Wheat

12. oatmeal

13. Strained pureed Soups

14. light fat-free yogurt

15. applesauce - no added sugar

16. V8 juice

17. 1/2 cup and 1 cup plastic bowls with lids

18. Pill cutter (For Meds that you can't get in liquid)

PANTS THAT WONT HURT FOR WHEN YOU GO BACK TO WORK.

SOOOO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-n.

Wow SlimmerMe,

You have really done your homework. I came up with some of the items, but you have thought of everything else. Thank you, I will be adding some of your suggestions to my list.

My surgery time is 6:45 am EST. I will be spending the night in the hospital.

I am on a full liquid diet and have been since 1-1-09. I have had an 8.8 lb loss in 7 days. I would love this to continue.

Wishing you all the best with your surgeries.

weight.png

[/url]

Hey everyone, I'm also getting banded on the 12th at 9:00 a.m. in Cincinnati, Ohio by Dr. Trace Curry. I started my pre-op diet on December 31st and it is the Medifast shakes/soups, and I don't like most of them so I feel like I've been living on sugar free Jello and popsicles.

Thank you for posting the lists SlimmerMe, I would have forgot something without those. Anyone else starting to get nervous the closer it gets?

I am so excited there are so many of us on the 12th!!!!

Well about me.... I just turned the big 30 and I am the mom to 3 kids (11,9,5). I live in Wisconsin and I work as a HUC at the hospital where I am having surgery. I am going to be her first case in the am so I am pretty excited.

This has been a pretty quick journey. Had a consult with the MD in October and was approved in November.

I started a 10 day pre-op diet on 1/2/09. All liquids. 3 shakes and unlimited broth and sugar free popsciles. So far I have lost 8 1/2 lbs since then..

Well I will keep all of you in my thoughts on the 12th and if anyone wants to email me feel free (shersosa@yahoo.com). It would be great to have someone or more than one person to kinda go through this process with.

Good Luck:thumbup:

I'm glad the list is helping... I did not come up with it though...

( would be unfair to get all the credits...hahahha) I got it from this website, all recs from people that had the surgery and then someone put it all together and I thought it was great!!!!

I have my sx at 9 am cst.

Can't wait.

-n.

ps: have not weighed myself... I guess I should..